Aug 31, 2016, 03:59 AM
Flying a Chipmunk in Portugal
If you don't use the pots for anything else, you could program some kind of trim.
For example on the aileron channel in the mixer, and supposing this is channel 4.

Ch4 100% Ail
Then add another line underneath.
10% P2 (adjust the amount of max trim on this line)

See if it works. If it does you will have to do this for every model, and make sure the pots are set correctly before you fly the next model..
That is where digital trims are great as their settings can be stored. It cannot with the old way using potentiometers.. you always have to make sure the trims are correct when you change models.

Joćo
to remove ads between posts
Aug 31, 2016, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altura
For those who were wondering how to change from mode 2 to mode 1 the 9xr, here is a quick instructions from how I did it.

This is easy as far as you know how to solder (basic skills, only wires soldering).
1- Gimbals must be removed and inverted (left to right) and put up side down to correctly fit.
2- 2 wires must be cut and elongated
3- Plug on one gimbal (right only) must be removed to avoid blocking after swapping the gimbal. Direct wires soldering to do.
4- Signal and ground wires must be inverted on each gimbal wires (easy on one side of the 3 pins plugs) .
5- Radio setup must be configured to mode1.
6- Radio setup gimbal calibration must be done after changes.
7- Done!
Uh... couldn't you have just switched the spring/tensioner from one gimbal to the other...?
Took me like 10min, no soldering.

I know this is a really old post but I just had to know why you chose to do it that bass-ackwards way.

Even if flipping or inverting the gimbals wouldn't the servo reverse option be useful to avoid unnecessary soldering or wire swapping?

Maybe I'm just simple-minded but I tend not to over complicate things that way.
Last edited by BofaDeez2Nuts; Aug 31, 2016 at 07:59 AM. Reason: ...
Sep 01, 2016, 09:44 AM
Suspended Account
It's great RC-controller)
I use FrSky TX/RX system.
I suppose that many modelists use it
I would also suggest to read this article about the compability of Turnigy, FrSky and autopilot.
Would you like to?
http://www.rcfair.com/blogs/view_entry/13144/
Sep 01, 2016, 02:54 PM

X9R PRO snow at display

Hi Guys,

someone knows this effect and knows a solution?
The schematic of X9R PRO would be helpful.

Thanks for your support.
Greeting Bussard

(My video upload does not work here)
Sep 01, 2016, 10:19 PM
Mark Harrison
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugitive_Bill
BOFA,
Kilrah is correct, it's never the gunna happen the way you want without bread-boarding a flip-flop counter circuit/timer test circuit
with a pot/resistor voltage splitter, then building it on a vero board or custom PCB that would rely on the...erm..arrr forget it ......
I think it would be a NIGHTMARE really!

Your stuck (we all are!) with Ones and Zeros - and those damned cheap micro buttons !

-B!LL!
I always amuse my engineer friends when I tell them "My computer science classes studied both kinds electricity... one AND zero!"
Sep 03, 2016, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugitive_Bill
BOFA,
Kilrah is correct, and if you weren't a jackass you'd realize that
I must've been stoned to not realize that traditional pots wouldn't work.... duuuhr. I have seen in the past knobs that spring to center and twist left or right. basically a momentary twist on<off>on switch.
Even better how about 2 buttons for trim and a 4 position knob to switch between each trim.
Lemme go twist one up and see if I can't come up with some more stupid ideas. ; )
Or
Sumpin like this...
Last edited by BofaDeez2Nuts; Sep 03, 2016 at 12:38 PM.
Oct 04, 2016, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low and Slow
I just got done doing this mod and I thank the guy in the video for saving my radio. I bought it a year ago but was still using my 9x so only charged the battery and fired it up a month ago for a new plane with flaps.

Well right off the bat while setting up the radio and playing with it and calibrating the sticks I had trouble calibrating the throttle and the rudder servo moved real slow and glitchy at the center both on the plane itself and the radio cursor. I opened the radio and the throttle pot retaining clip wasn't seated it was popped out. Fixed that. Noticed the circuit board was crooked on the rudder pot but had gobs of hot glue on it so I didn't touch it the clip was good there. Flew my new plane beautifully till the rudder went hard left and wouldn't return to center.

So I wrecked a 200 dollar plane now under major repair almost completed. The new left gimbal has been back ordered for months so that tells me they are not coming back they are obviously cheap oem parts that came out of a barrel. There is no reason in the world that you would make a left and right part for the gimbals anyway is there? What's different about them? I'm not tearing mine apart to find out I want to get this thing running again. Wouldn't you just want to have one work both ways? The only thing that might do that is the mounting flange and that would be more expensive to make two molds for left and right gimbals Are you sure? Looks to me like you could pull the centering spring and put the throttle brake plate on it its on that gimbal just spun 180 and change the pinouts at the polarized connectors if you have to.
you can modify stock pots, just put silver conductive glue in place where rivets meet resistive (carbon) path.
The problem with pots is really bad contact resistance, gluing the joints will prevent it. You can also grease grease the pats so they will last longer
It works I moded all the pots. more than 1 year of working with no issue

(the pictures are not mine)
Jan 15, 2017, 07:12 AM
Because gas is for BBQ's
I am setting up a quad and can't get the throttle cut to work or at least I can't get the motors to stop at all.

The throttle cut appears to be working as when the switch is engaged there is no movement on the indicator bar on the tx display when the throttle stick is moved. There is also no change in motor speed when I move the throttle stick with the cut switch engaged, however when I flick it off the motors respond to throttle input.

This is making me think it is not a throttle cut issue. I understand it is normal for quad motors to spin at 0 throttle but I need to be able to stop the motors somehow so I can disconnect the battery without losing fingers....

Any help is appreciated
Jan 15, 2017, 08:55 AM
Happy FPV flyer
Check your flight controller's documentation about how to arm/disarm it. Nothing to do with the radio.
Jan 15, 2017, 11:08 PM
Because gas is for BBQ's
I found a stop motors at low throttle setting in the software, that did the trick. Thanks
Jan 16, 2017, 04:27 AM
Happy FPV flyer
Still not the best thing, you really need to know how to and disarm.
The setting you enabled is pretty risky since you never know when it is armed and risks jumping at you if someone hits the throttle.
Jan 19, 2017, 09:06 AM
Youtube channel : solentlifeuk

Hobby King Transmitter tray for 9xr

Of course this will fit the standard 9xr and also the Pro ...

I made a short photo video showing how easy it is to put together ... I did not construct and then dismantle to re-construct for video ... what you see is my out of box and straight to assemble ... all finished in less than 20 minutes !

The tray is that good I reckon ... I shall be buying more and modifying for various radios I have ...

9xr radio tray build (2 min 0 sec)

Nigel
Latest blog entry: Life goes on and new boat
Jan 19, 2017, 02:31 PM
Mark
Quote:
Originally Posted by solentlife
Of course this will fit the standard 9xr and also the Pro ...

I made a short photo video showing how easy it is to put together ... I did not construct and then dismantle to re-construct for video ... what you see is my out of box and straight to assemble ... all finished in less than 20 minutes !

The tray is that good I reckon ... I shall be buying more and modifying for various radios I have ... Nigel
With the tray can you pinch i.e. use thumb and forefinger to hold the sticks Nigel?
Jan 19, 2017, 02:40 PM
Youtube channel : solentlifeuk
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapes12
With the tray can you pinch i.e. use thumb and forefinger to hold the sticks Nigel?
Yes ... thats the thing - your hands are free ...

Me - I'm a neckstrap guy and only got this to modify for my Phantom Drone .. which is very top heavy with antenna and tablet.

I plan to mount the controller as intended but have the tablet display carried on the arms above.

Nigel
Latest blog entry: Life goes on and new boat
Jan 19, 2017, 02:49 PM
Mark
Quote:
Originally Posted by solentlife
Yes ... thats the thing - your hands are free ...

Me - I'm a neckstrap guy and only got this to modify for my Phantom Drone .. which is very top heavy with antenna and tablet.

I plan to mount the controller as intended but have the tablet display carried on the arms above.

Nigel
So, have you used it with your 9XR? Does it fit OK? Does it balance OK to do the pinch stuff?

Quick Reply