Jan 08, 2014, 03:11 AM
is there any one who has used this radio with chainlink dare system?

And, is the internal antenna really cr*p? ore is it fine to use for normal flight?
Last edited by BadBert; Jan 08, 2014 at 06:30 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 08, 2014, 08:46 AM
The antenna itself is fine, it's just that connecting to it can be difficult with any of the available rf modules unless you want to undertake major surgery.
Jan 08, 2014, 08:51 AM
ahhh ok,

thanks
Jan 08, 2014, 09:58 AM
I buy ikarus piccolo/Eco8 stuf
Hey guys,
I finally ordered my 9XR now that HK got them back in stock. I also ordered the 433MHz open LRS module and a 433MHz rx.
I didn't order a battery because I didn't want anything to hold up shipping. I do have a regular 3S 2200 battery that will fit inside the battery bay, any reason not to use this battery?
Also, I know this is not plug and play, I do have a USBasp AVR programming device. Is there anything else I will need to get everything up and running? Thanks in adance guys!

Brandon
Jan 08, 2014, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisJ800
If its the HK one, go to the files tab for the driver!

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...occessors.html
Two questions, Which files do I download, USBASP WIN DRIVER, AVR Programmer files, New USBasp 6pin, USB 6pin

Second question is do I save them, open them ?
Jan 08, 2014, 01:06 PM
Hey Guys,

I wonder if this Radio would work with my DJI Phantom 2 which is FASST compatible? Is there a module or something? That'd be great.

Thanks a lot,
Samuel
Last edited by Sammyboy; Jan 08, 2014 at 01:15 PM.
Jan 08, 2014, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammyboy
I wonder if this Radio would work with my DJI Phantom 2 which is FASST compatible? Is there a module or something?
As far as I know there is only one type of JR module which is FASST compatible:
http://www2.ripmax.net/Item.aspx?Ite...ry=060-150-070

I'm not sure if it will work correctly in 9XR.
Jan 08, 2014, 02:30 PM
Thanks for your answer!

Does anybody know if this module is compatible with the Turnigy?
Jan 08, 2014, 02:41 PM
Manch
Hi fellows, Not to change the subject i guess I have to. Does any one know how to set the 9XR back to default setting. The way it came from HK? Thank you for your time. Dave
Jan 09, 2014, 01:02 AM
Whoop the planet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by helifrek
Hey guys,
I finally ordered my 9XR now that HK got them back in stock. I also ordered the 433MHz open LRS module and a 433MHz rx.
I didn't order a battery because I didn't want anything to hold up shipping. I do have a regular 3S 2200 battery that will fit inside the battery bay, any reason not to use this battery?
Also, I know this is not plug and play, I do have a USBasp AVR programming device. Is there anything else I will need to get everything up and running? Thanks in adance guys!

Brandon

The original battery has some regulator to avoid fast charging/discharging. The charge curve looks strange when charging with more than 0.5C, but it apparently provides some protection to the radio. I don't think it's necessary and wouldn't have any hesitations using a different 3S if it fits physically. When I'm late recharging the Tx pack, I just slap in a 1000mah 3S flight pack.

For the programmer, you might want to make sure you have a 6-pin adapter or some single 2.54 female wires.
I use something like this: search.ebay.com/usbasp-6-pin
Jan 10, 2014, 09:55 AM
Six months ago I got the HK usb programmer. I plugged it in. A message came up saying new device found and asked if I would like to look for drivers. I clicked yes. It came back no drivers found.
Now after downloading the drivers from HK, when I plug the programmer in it says the usb has malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it.
HELP please.
Jan 10, 2014, 10:25 AM
I've went into my control panel. It's shows the usb programmer as an unknown device. I go to the update driver and click on my downloads folder. After this it comes back an tells me the driver is current. yet refuses to recognize it.
Jan 10, 2014, 11:33 AM
Mark
If your PC is running Microsoft Windows then you now need to install the driver. Have a look at this video:
Flite Test - HK Quad Controller Programming - FLITE TIP (13 min 40 sec)

The vid is for the KK2 stuff but it's same driver you need for the USB adapter. I've got one of them myself.

Just downloading doesn't mean you've installed it. You have to tell Windows where it is and that you want it installed. Post back if you have any further problems.
Jan 10, 2014, 01:32 PM
Mark
Quote:
Originally Posted by manch
Hi fellows, Not to change the subject i guess I have to. Does any one know how to set the 9XR back to default setting. The way it came from HK? Thank you for your time. Dave
Try this link: http://forum.turnigy9xr.com/download...-v1-1-t43.html
Jan 10, 2014, 01:58 PM
I buy ikarus piccolo/Eco8 stuf
Thanks for the info benedikt. My 3S should fit just fine, it is fairly new. I measured it and according to the battery bay dimensions listed on hk it should fit. I have a usbasp but not 100% sure the plugs will match, no worries as I can make an adapter pretty easily.
My biggest concern is programming the rx and radio and getting everything to play together nicely. The most experience I have is flashing cl-osd on a g-osd. I am more of a step by step kinda person..... I will just have to wait and see how it goes when it comes in.
A couple more questions for you guys. How hard is it to swap between the lrs module and the spektrum compatible module? Is it as easy as just taking out one and putting in the other? Or are there other steps involved?
Also, can I buddy box this to a Dx6i? Thanks again for all the help guys!

Quick Reply