Nov 14, 2012, 08:14 AM
No way in a $50 radio. If it had that I really don't think it would sell well IMHO. I wouldn't buy it for sure.

Robert
to remove ads between posts
Nov 14, 2012, 10:00 AM
Taranis Tyro...
Quote:
Originally Posted by boopidoo View Post
What, it's only a cheap two axis stick already available. What is the big expense?

If I want to buy a stick + switch it's only $1.54 including including shipping: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Replacem...item41698f64cb
True, but that's $1.54 for a feature that about 99.999% of user would never use... All it would achieve is a way for your mates to take the mickey out of your silly new TX with an extra stick on the back!
Last edited by MattyB; Nov 14, 2012 at 10:06 AM.
Nov 14, 2012, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dziedrius View Post
Was there any info regarding receivers? Because we haven't seen dsmx receivers from hobbyking, right?
They teased a dsmx orangerx a while back on their facebook page. Just a photo of an rx and a dx8 showing dsmx in the corner. So in theory they are coming.
Nov 14, 2012, 11:47 AM
On a holiday?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingconsulting View Post
No way in a $50 radio. If it had that I really don't think it would sell well IMHO. I wouldn't buy it for sure.

Robert
Why, you don't HAVE to use them just because they're there do you? So adding more flexibility would make it less attractive... that's funny.
Nov 14, 2012, 12:10 PM
I've been looking at the frsky x9d and waiting for that because I want the telemetry functions but I was wondering if the 9xr will have telemtry? Also will the dsm2 work out of the box or will a module be needed?
The reason I ask is I have 11 dsm2 rxs. The x9d will need a module I think but probably only cost $20 or so.
One thing is for sure next year is gonna be exiting time for new and innovative txs.
Latest blog entry: Eachine E160 3d helicopter
Nov 14, 2012, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelsheffield View Post
I've been looking at the frsky x9d and waiting for that because I want the telemetry functions but I was wondering if the 9xr will have telemtry? Also will the dsm2 work out of the box or will a module be needed?
The reason I ask is I have 11 dsm2 rxs. The x9d will need a module I think but probably only cost $20 or so.
One thing is for sure next year is gonna be exiting time for new and innovative txs.
Not sure if it has been said. My guess it will be sold without module and you'll need to buy the modules you need. Since they seem to be pushing that it's module based and you have a choice that's my guess.
Nov 14, 2012, 12:37 PM
Taranis Tyro...
Quote:
Why, you don't HAVE to use them just because they're there do you? So adding more flexibility would make it less attractive... that's funny.
It might represent more flexibility for a tiny number of FPV fliers, but this is a mass market product. For the huge majority of HK's customers being able to put down the TX on a flat surface without damaging it is a lot more important than having a mutant stick unit they will never use sprouting from the back...
Nov 14, 2012, 12:38 PM
RC beginner
Quote:
if you have an extra arm or foot sticking out you dont have to use it but still not good. not a great idea to force peculiar ideas onto everyone. i would also avoid this radio if it had extra sticks etc hanging out the back.
Nov 14, 2012, 01:15 PM
Out the Window
I like the looks in the photos of the 9xr. Too much bling...na..bring it on! I have been looking at getting a 9x and was very impressed with a friend's 9x. I do have a couple of questions:

Are they going to drop the 9x from stock or keep both in stock!

One of the things that I like about the 9x is that they do not use Spectrum protocal for signal. Specturm seems to be a moving target and makes me wonder if they have it right even now. It looks like it is possible that the new 9xr might not be as reliable as the 9x....or am I way out of line?

Ray
Nov 14, 2012, 01:39 PM
Already they are in damage minimizing mode... the DSM module launched some days ago was reported defective by many purchasers.
Wondering if 11/15 date is still to consider...
Nov 14, 2012, 01:50 PM
On a holiday?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyB View Post
It might represent more flexibility for a tiny number of FPV fliers, but this is a mass market product. For the huge majority of HK's customers being able to put down the TX on a flat surface without damaging it is a lot more important than having a mutant stick unit they will never use sprouting from the back...
I read some angst towards FPV in between the lines... rolleyes right back at ya! Anyway if cleverly designed using small joysticks (see my link) it wouldn't be difficult at all to protect them just using the plastic shell so your points are moot. Also the previous T9X (with upgraded fw) has been used for controlling robots of different kinds. In those applications having one or two extra sticks can be very useful.

Once again, see this link (http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53...item41698f64cb). What is the possible protrusion, 3-4mm? Not really impossible to protect, If anything I don't think they would even reach outside the module bay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1993 View Post
if you have an extra arm or foot sticking out you dont have to use it but still not good. not a great idea to force peculiar ideas onto everyone. i would also avoid this radio if it had extra sticks etc hanging out the back.
No one would be forcing a solution onto anyone. If you don't want to use the sticks just don't use them. Just because there are controls on a radio you don't absolutely HAVE to use them. Not if you're actually used to a higher end radio, but maybe you're not? On higher end radios you can actually program which controls to use or not. There now you learned something.

Also, to both of you, the RC-hobby is moving toward FPV whether you like it or not.
Nov 14, 2012, 01:56 PM
I tryed to search this thread with no luck, so here is my question: Will the turnigy radio bind with a Frysky reciever with no modification?
Nov 14, 2012, 01:58 PM
RC beginner
Quote:
There now you learned something.

Also, to both of you, the RC-hobby is moving toward FPV whether you like it or not.
learned not everyone has capacity for objective viewpoint. i will repeat that an extra arm or leg sticking out your back can be quite inconvenient whether you make use of it or not.

sunday a fellow told me with dead serious look on his face that "dlg" was the future of rc. lol!
Nov 14, 2012, 02:00 PM
FPV Crash Dummy
Scottie,

Doesn't look like it without adding a flysky module. Out of the box it will be DSMX
Nov 14, 2012, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottietwohoty View Post
I tryed to search this thread with no luck, so here is my question: Will the turnigy radio bind with a Frysky reciever with no modification?
If you mean FlySky then yes the current 9x (v2) will bind with a FlySky 2.4g rx. Usually if you look at the reviews of your Rx someone will say it works with their 9x if it does.

If you mean the new 9xr then you'll probably need a module.

Quick Reply