Feb 23, 2013, 03:39 PM
Happy FPV flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenstogie
Is it something that had to be done every time? or occassionally or is it in the category of "Who the heck knows?"
If you download a template off the net and flash it as is then yes, calibration is lost. What you should do is read your eeprom, copy the models into it (open template file, drag and drop) and write it back. That way you've kept your models and settings.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 23, 2013, 04:07 PM
Embargo lifted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowThudd
Every time you reflash. Doesn't take long.
Yup and you gotta do it. Some what of a pain but in the grand scheme of things it's very minor..
I am happy to say that it's semi warm her (40) and I have loaded the models, binded them , fixed the Elevon mix and I am going flying.

I would like to let Horizon Hobby know that I now have full throws on my servos with elevon mixing. Something that is a big PITA with the DX6I.
Feb 23, 2013, 04:08 PM
Embargo lifted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrah
If you download a template off the net and flash it as is then yes, calibration is lost. What you should do is read your eeprom, copy the models into it (open template file, drag and drop) and write it back. That way you've kept your models and settings.
That makes total sense. Down load the template, save it to the TX, calibrate and then save the eeprom from the tx and voila, I should be all set. THanks! I dare say that I am somewhat figuring the 9xR out
Feb 23, 2013, 04:39 PM
I cant read all this thread , and wondered if it would be worth getting one of these?
I just want to use it for flying planes and gliders, as my dx7 is getting old now.
Feb 23, 2013, 04:49 PM
hjukhjuk
Quote:
Originally Posted by electronutter
I cant read all this thread , and wondered if it would be worth getting one of these?
I just want to use it for flying planes and gliders, as my dx7 is getting old now.
Overall, my opinion is that it is worth getting although some people will disagree with me. Since you can re-program all of your planes in eePe, the change over to the 9XR won't be too time consuming. Make sure you get everything with it which includes the 9XR battery, Orangerx DSM2/X module, and usb avr programmer.
Feb 23, 2013, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Over a spektrum? Wow! It must be an old model if you would do that. Just read the thread. It seems many here really like it, I hope most like it. Mine's a paperweight. Looking at a JR9503 now, but that's a totally different league. Just sick of wasting time with shoddy products. Not just radios, I could have bought a Blade 550x and been flying for what I have wasted on crap.
Feb 23, 2013, 04:59 PM
hjukhjuk
shahram72, I would say get a DX7s, but they ended the sale with the 3 receivers. After selling all of the them it only cost $155.
Feb 23, 2013, 05:07 PM
Quote:
If the dx7 can do everything you need then the answer is no. You'd be taking a big step down in quality and support. There are still questions about the OrangeRX module GUID and no module yet exists that uses the build in antenna. Using the current OrangeRX results in an awkward and vulnerable antenna placement.

If your goal is to get telemetry then you should either stay with Spektrum or switch to Frsky. In that case you should wait for the Frsky X9D due out in a couple months. 16 ch capable, onscreen telemetry, voice, SD card storage, running OpenX firmware and can still use a Spektrum module for your legacy receivers. All for under $200.
Feb 23, 2013, 05:09 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72
Over a spektrum? Wow! It must be an old model if you would do that. Just read the thread. It seems many here really like it, I hope most like it. Mine's a paperweight. Looking at a JR9503 now, but that's a totally different league. Just sick of wasting time with shoddy products. Not just radios, I could have bought a Blade 550x and been flying for what I have wasted on crap.
If you are only flying smaller planes or helis then the DX7 is fine.
If you want to do gliders then the 9503 is a far better radio, even better than a DX8.
(DX8 has no glider specific programming at all)

er9X or Open9X will do pretty much everything that a 9503 will, but the JR mechanicals are far better.

Another option would be a used XP9303, with FrSky module. Same programming as the 9503 at lower cost.
Feb 23, 2013, 06:54 PM
68 years an RC flyer
Quote:
What exactly is wrong with your DX7? It's an excellent transmitter and does all the normal stuff very well. Also, it has terrific support from Horizon Hobby.
Feb 23, 2013, 09:20 PM
KJ4YYJ
My Rud D/R switch has to be forward?? all other are back or I get an ALERT "RUD"
What did I Change to do this (Rud D/R switch )
Feb 23, 2013, 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeneFlorida
My Rud D/R switch has to be forward?? all other are back or I get an ALERT "RUD"
What did I Change to do this (Rud D/R switch )
In the "radio setup screen" (access it by a left press from the main screen) there is a menu item something like

Default SW TRE0012AG

Your "R" must have been switched so it is highlighted.

Scroll over it and press menu and it will be cleared.

Or you could simply set the "Switch Warning" to OFF
Feb 23, 2013, 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus66
What exactly is wrong with your DX7? It's an excellent transmitter and does all the normal stuff very well. Also, it has terrific support from Horizon Hobby.
one of the buttons has become reluctant to work {decrease button}it's about four years old now and had a hard life
Feb 23, 2013, 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abletowinginc
its in front pat....glad you made it home safely
Turns out I don't have a single heli with the elevator servo in the front

But no big deal, turns out all you have to do to switch from a front servo to a back is turn the heli 180 and imagine the boom coming out the other side

Rather than post in this 9XR specific thread I started an entry in my blog about setting up a heli under er9x.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...3#post24231986
Last edited by pmackenzie; Feb 23, 2013 at 11:29 PM.
Feb 24, 2013, 12:13 AM
68 years an RC flyer
Quote:
one of the buttons has become reluctant to work {decrease button}it's about four years old now and had a hard life
Get it fixed by Horizon Hobby. Well worth the cost I expect. At least ask them about it.

Quick Reply