New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:20 PM
Find More Posts by jchtr3a
Warbird Fanatic

Thanks

QUOTE}
This issue doesn't arise with a Spektrum programmable transmitter because the type of receiver associated with each model memory is stored when the receiver is bound. But this can't be done with a module (which is why the Spektrum module works only in DSM2 mode).[/QUOTE]

Thanks, now I see why it began working. It's nice to have folks who know their way around this stuff, and are willing to share their expertise with those of us who are "technically challenged".
Thanks again.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:47 PM
Find More Posts by ChrisJ800
Tassie Electric, Heli, Glider
Quote:
Originally Posted by nogas View Post

Only problem i found so far was the double sided tape holding the screen on had let go so the screen was floating around in the bag. It wasn't damaged so it was just a case of sticking it back in place and applying some firm pressure so the DS tape would grab.

Isnt that removable screen protector film for transport only? If mine had it, I threw it away, cant remember now!
Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:49 PM
Find More Posts by gooby
hjukhjuk
ChrisJ800, I think he's talking about the plastic plate that goes in front of the lcd.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:23 AM
Find More Posts by KKUSA
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovs View Post
ChrisJ800, I think he's talking about the plastic plate that goes in front of the lcd.
Its actually real glass on the 9XR !!
Old Feb 12, 2013, 01:05 AM
Find More Posts by nogas
Because gas is for BBQ's
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisJ800 View Post
Isnt that removable screen protector film for transport only? If mine had it, I threw it away, cant remember now!
seriously??? I know you guys are disconnected from the main land but i didn't know you were that slow on the up take

and yes, as KKUSA said, its real glass.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 01:54 AM
Find More Posts by marhar
Mark Harrison
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKUSA View Post
Its actually real glass on the 9XR !!
Is it really? I got so lucky... when my exit button was sticking I just stuck my pocket knife blade between the cover and the button, and wiggled it around until the gap was opened up a bit.

I thought it was plastic, so I was quite cavalier about doing so... Guess I got lucky!
Old Feb 12, 2013, 02:04 AM
Find More Posts by KKUSA
Quote:
Originally Posted by marhar View Post
Is it really? I got so lucky... when my exit button was sticking I just stuck my pocket knife blade between the cover and the button, and wiggled it around until the gap was opened up a bit.

I thought it was plastic, so I was quite cavalier about doing so... Guess I got lucky!
I think its a borosilicate glass, so its a bit tougher than normal glass and doesnt chip as easy.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 07:24 AM
Find More Posts by gooby
hjukhjuk
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKUSA View Post
I think its a borosilicate glass, so its a bit tougher than normal glass and doesnt chip as easy.
I'm amazed it has a glass screen cover, you would think Hobbyking would have gone for the cheapest option.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 07:24 AM
Find More Posts by KCLC
I guess someone has to be the first. I had my 9XR for about an hour and ruined the throtle pot. I forgot I am a cave man. You DO NOT put a flat blade screw driver between the body of the pot and plastic gimbal. It is totaled out. I've looked through a few hundred threads about pots on the 9X. A picture was posted of one on a Chinese web site. Not sure how to contact them. Of course I contacted HK, they haven't gottten back to me yet. Hoping they just pull one from their assembly line. I may be saved by a 4 year old FLYSKY CT6A radio I have. The gimbal pots are much too large. However the 2 Pots on the top of the radio are almost exact size. They are panel mount, so the bearing is threaded and the shaft is round and split for a nob mount.So i'm moding it. Physically its going to fit! I don't want to alter the gimbal in case I get an actual replacement.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 07:26 AM
Find More Posts by gooby
hjukhjuk
KCLC, why on earth would you do that?!

I'm sure someone here knows where to get a replacement.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 07:43 AM
Find More Posts by Stigern
Registered Addict
I finally found use for the protective pad that comes with the 9XR hehe. Got my 9XR battery pack yesterday!

Fits nicely! Loving it.

Btw, what is a safe value for voltage alarm? 9,5volts?

Where do you guys position your Frsky telemetry monitor?
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Stigern; Feb 12, 2013 at 07:53 AM.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 07:45 AM
Find More Posts by igorp
FPV Crash Dummy
I remember Anthony Hand posting early on saying that the screen is going to have gorilla glass.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:21 AM
Find More Posts by kenstogie
Embargo lifted.
woo hoo! My 9xr is waiting to be picked up at the PO.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:29 AM
Find More Posts by KCLC
Ok. After 24 hrs. I have my new 9XR changed from MODE 1 to Mode 2. That pot from the old CT6A works good. I did a recalibrate on the sticks. and all is good. If you want to appreciate the quality of the 9XR, take a look at the insides of what we were buying 4 years ago.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 01:43 PM
Find More Posts by Imageek2
Bad command or file name
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stigern View Post
I finally found use for the protective pad that comes with the 9XR hehe. Got my 9XR battery pack yesterday!

Fits nicely! Loving it.

Btw, what is a safe value for voltage alarm? 9,5volts?

Where do you guys position your Frsky telemetry monitor?
I set my voltage alarm at 11.1 just like my quad. I mounted the telemetry module in the same spot.