Thread Tools
Old Feb 07, 2013, 06:18 AM
ChrisJ800 is offline
Find More Posts by ChrisJ800
Tassie Electric, Heli, Glider
ChrisJ800's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonChambers View Post
Some may be interested in here to see the newest FrSky modules out:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=10031
I don't think they are out yet. Press announcement says to be released soon ! (But I understand the enthusiasm )
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2013, 06:33 AM
SimonChambers is offline
Find More Posts by SimonChambers
Radio? Screwdriver!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisJ800 View Post
I don't think they are out yet. Press announcement says to be released soon ! (But I understand the enthusiasm )
Oops, I didn't proof read my comment enough before hitting submit!

Si.
Old Feb 07, 2013, 06:38 AM
WiseDuck is offline
Find More Posts by WiseDuck
Mmmmmmm!
WiseDuck's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisJ800 View Post
I don't think they are out yet. Press announcement says to be released soon ! (But I understand the enthusiasm )
Oh yeah, that looks really nice!

I gotta get that module for my 9XR. My intention is to turn it into my main TX, my current 9X will be used for less important things.
Old Feb 07, 2013, 08:00 AM
mpjf01 is offline
Find More Posts by mpjf01
Registered User
mpjf01's Avatar
X8R FRSKY rx? No other name choices?
Old Feb 07, 2013, 08:49 AM
Wingbreaker is offline
Find More Posts by Wingbreaker
Video Juggernaut
Wingbreaker's Avatar
9XR Report: I got my TX from HK a week ago. I finally had time to test it out with my Frsky Module. I loaded my er9x firmware and model settings without a hitch. Re calibrated my gimbals and tested it out. It work perfectly. Not sure what all the fuss is. Not a bad TX for the price. I'm excited because I just got some head tracking goggles from fatshark and this TX just happen to have the futaba plug, worked out great.
Old Feb 07, 2013, 09:32 AM
martinlmtl is offline
Find More Posts by martinlmtl
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingbreaker View Post
9XR Report: I got my TX from HK a week ago. I finally had time to test it out with my Frsky Module. I loaded my er9x firmware and model settings without a hitch. Re calibrated my gimbals and tested it out. It work perfectly. Not sure what all the fuss is. Not a bad TX for the price. I'm excited because I just got some head tracking goggles from fatshark and this TX just happen to have the futaba plug, worked out great.
May I suggest you open your radio! The wires going from throttle and elevator gimbals to motherboard are too short. The connectors on motherboard are moving while you move gimbals vertically. It's a potential disaster to happen. Better to fix them with a tie wrap or hot glue.
Old Feb 07, 2013, 10:04 AM
Wingbreaker is offline
Find More Posts by Wingbreaker
Video Juggernaut
Wingbreaker's Avatar
that's been done, read that a while ago. No biggy but mine didn't really need it, they must have addressed this on the newer ones. it wasn't so tight.

My only beef is the balance connecter, pretty tight to the battery cover. Otherwise this thing is really nice compared to my TH9X, and more than half the price because of the smartieparts board/led.
Last edited by Wingbreaker; Feb 07, 2013 at 10:32 AM.
Old Feb 07, 2013, 11:20 AM
kenstogie is offline
Find More Posts by kenstogie
Embargo lifted.
kenstogie's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinlmtl View Post
May I suggest you open your radio! The wires going from throttle and elevator gimbals to motherboard are too short. The connectors on motherboard are moving while you move gimbals vertically. It's a potential disaster to happen. Better to fix them with a tie wrap or hot glue.
My 9Xr
is on the way. Is there a tutorial or pic to show what exactly your talking about so I can avoid any crashes (that aren't my fault I mean )
Old Feb 07, 2013, 11:32 AM
xxxcellarator is offline
Find More Posts by xxxcellarator
Registered User
xxxcellarator's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenstogie View Post
My 9Xr
is on the way. Is there a tutorial or pic to show what exactly your talking about so I can avoid any crashes (that aren't my fault I mean )
See Post #3877 for pics on what he's talking about.

There's also a video of how the connector moves, somewhere earlier in the thread. If you search you will find it.

By the way, to all who find the cable on the throttle pot slightly too short. You can just separate the 3 colored wires (Red, White and Black) from each other to allow them to move more freely. This is all that my radio needed to prevent the throttle stick from pulling back down from the top of it's movement due to the wires pulling on it.
Old Feb 07, 2013, 11:32 AM
Wingbreaker is offline
Find More Posts by Wingbreaker
Video Juggernaut
Wingbreaker's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenstogie View Post
My 9Xr
is on the way. Is there a tutorial or pic to show what exactly your talking about so I can avoid any crashes (that aren't my fault I mean )
yes there is, just look through here. I got one of the newer batches and mine had plenty of slack. all I did was tie a quick tie near the connecters at the bottom of the gimbal so it didn't wiggle at all but mine didn't have the tension you will see in the video, I'm assuming yours will not either.
Old Feb 07, 2013, 11:35 AM
kenstogie is offline
Find More Posts by kenstogie
Embargo lifted.
kenstogie's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxcellarator View Post
See Post #3877 for pics on what he's talking about.

There's also a video of how the connector moves, somewhere earlier in the thread. If you search you will find it.

By the way, to all who find the cable on the throttle pot slightly too short. You can just separate the 3 colored wires (Red, White and Black) from each other to allow them to move more freely. This is all that my radio needed to prevent the throttle stick from pulling back down from the top of it's movement due to the wires pulling on it.
Thanks I checked out the post/pics but hope it makes more sense when I crack open my 9xr to fix.
Old Feb 07, 2013, 11:53 AM
xxxcellarator is offline
Find More Posts by xxxcellarator
Registered User
xxxcellarator's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenstogie View Post
Thanks I checked out the post/pics but hope it makes more sense when I crack open my 9xr to fix.
It's not rocket science lol
It's just the hot glue that you see on the connectors.

When you move the sticks up and down, you'll see that the wire attached to the pot that is used for the left/right stick movement (the pots at the top/bottom of the gimbals, not the ones on the sides) will pull on the connectors attached to the PCBs, causing them to wiggle.

Adding glue to the connectors will ensure that they won't ever come loose (like in the pic I linked to above). But the wire on the left stick (looking from front of radio) might also be too short. You can either make it longer somehow, or just do what I did and loosen the 3 wires from each other and that should fix it.
Old Feb 07, 2013, 12:25 PM
BlakeL is offline
Find More Posts by BlakeL
Registered User
My father in law wants to buy a radio that will last a long time and I was looking at this one. It looks like it will cost around $120 shipped with the special battery and module to FL. Is it worth it or should I just go with the 9x since it comes with everything I need for $79 shipped? Also, if the 9xr is worth it which module would be best? I'm thinking of pairing it with the Super Cub that requires a trasmitter.
Old Feb 07, 2013, 12:42 PM
pmullen503 is offline
Find More Posts by pmullen503
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeL View Post
My father in law wants to buy a radio that will last a long time and I was looking at this one. It looks like it will cost around $120 shipped with the special battery and module to FL. Is it worth it or should I just go with the 9x since it comes with everything I need for $79 shipped? Also, if the 9xr is worth it which module would be best? I'm thinking of pairing it with the Super Cub that requires a trasmitter.
If that's a Hobbyzone Supercub you'll need a DSM2/X module or TX.
Old Feb 07, 2013, 12:53 PM
BlakeL is offline
Find More Posts by BlakeL
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmullen503 View Post
If that's a Hobbyzone Supercub you'll need a DSM2/X module or TX.
Don't the sell one of this Orange RX modules that are DSM2/X? My father in law just wants a radio that will last without spending $300+ on a Spektrum or Futaba.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Gens Ace, Turnigy, Turnigy Nano-Tech Sky lipo, etc. What's Your Preference? jlloyd1995 Batteries and Chargers 133 May 14, 2015 11:53 PM
Sold 2 turnigy motors 2 turnigy esc's crashnburn69 Aircraft - Electric - Power Systems (FS/W) 4 Oct 13, 2012 12:05 PM
For Sale Turnigy 2x 3s 1000 mah and 2s 1000 mah and Turnigy 2s/3s Lipo charger. Falconpunch Aircraft - Electric - Batteries & Chargers (FS/W) 1 Mar 18, 2012 10:47 PM
Discussion Turnigy or Turnigy Nanotech lawguy14 Batteries and Chargers 4 Mar 15, 2012 09:48 AM