Jan 21, 2013, 07:01 PM
Crash Test Pilot
How bout these bad boys:
http://www.espritmodel.com/transmitt...aps-m-2-1.aspx
Different lengths and colors available. Lots of transmitter bling here!

Scott, congrats on your 2000th post
to remove ads between posts
Jan 21, 2013, 07:03 PM
efx
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
FYI: I emailed a question about a piece I needed for a nitro engine a while back, I never heard back from that company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abletowinginc
i found some different colors if your right then the jr's should fit

http://www.ronlund.com/mm5/merchant.mvc? then search switch nuts not colored just switch nuts they have few different colors
Jan 21, 2013, 07:18 PM
If you guys are considering switch nuts for the 9XR, remember that the top switches are the only ones they can be used on. The front switch nuts are behind the face plate.
Jan 21, 2013, 07:32 PM
Lets make it remote control!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levictus
How bout these bad boys:

lol all that bling gonna need sunglasses and a pimp to ok using it

scott congrats as well
Jan 21, 2013, 07:33 PM
Lets make it remote control!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKUSA
If you guys are considering switch nuts for the 9XR, remember that the top switches are the only ones they can be used on. The front switch nuts are behind the face plate.
didnt even thank about that kk...good heads up
Jan 21, 2013, 07:34 PM
Mark Harrison
Quote:
Indeed, Congratulations!
Jan 21, 2013, 07:57 PM
Mark Harrison
Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty case
Thank you.
Obviously I am being overly hopeful! lol

Difficult to begin anew with a literal pile of gear that was once quite effective, yet is now dated. Oh well, ...

I've looked at the big names, who are indeed worthy of their reputation, and they are magnificent! Wow!

Even though I'll start out with foamies this time around I'd still like to have heli capability and in radio mixing capability, with channels for accessories. Price is driving me to the competition!

Now... the question is, should I try and beat the chinese new year, or just wait 'til it's over???

tnx again!
rc
If you're in a hurry (i.e. within a week), get this version of the 9x:

http://www.hobbypartz.com/79p-th9x-r...nel-radio.html

If you're handy at soldering, you can remove the module later if you want to upgrade.

If you can afford to wait an unknown time, wait for the 9xr with integrated module.

If you can afford to wait a shorter amount of time, order the 9xr and the module of your choice. I think most people have a high opinion of the FrSky (I do).

In general, I don't mind backordering on hobby king. It comes through eventually without a problem. For smaller things (connectors, etc) I buy in (relative) bulk... i.e., a package of 10 connectors. It's about the same price as an individual item locally, and I just treat my parts box as I would a store. I probably spent about $200 or so "booting up" with the basic parts.

After that, it's just like any inventory management... running low on some thing, add it to the next hobby king order. I'm the supplier of choice for several of my friends as well. :-)

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at how much prices have dropped since you left the hobby!
Jan 21, 2013, 07:58 PM
Flying a Chipmunk in Portugal
Quote:
Originally Posted by levictus
scott, congrats on your 2000th post
+1
Jan 21, 2013, 08:02 PM
Tassie Electric, Heli, Glider
Scott well done and thanks for the tip on the ignore list. Am enjoying this thread a lot more now.
Jan 21, 2013, 09:05 PM
KlonWarz
You bet, Marhar!
Liz is a cutie!!!
She should do more vids for them!
:-)
Jan 21, 2013, 09:48 PM
Some one posted a 9xr up tonight. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1814612 looks like it is mode 2 NIB
Jan 22, 2013, 01:00 AM
Quote:
How bout these bad boys:

I've not any plans for my 9XR yet --- pimping wise... but I ordered orange and green nuts for these two TX

That photo is in the paint booth, once they got a zillion coats of gloss and the components on them I really like them. Green one was dubbed alien goo, and red/yellow one was dubbed bloodshed . Bloodshed has sky9x board with speach and the works -- Alien goo has smartieparts and TelemetrEZ.
Jan 22, 2013, 01:28 AM
Plane Fanatic
WOW Scott!!

Don't know if I'm impressed or just plain scared - hehe
Jan 22, 2013, 01:44 AM
Klaatu barada nikto
Just finished setting up the 9xr inside with my f550/naza and all looked good.
Went outside to test and when I turned on the 9xr screen was blank.

Backlight was on and beep sound emitted so I tried it and the f550 flew but the creen on the tx is blank. Tried a different batt with no difference.

The batt I'm using is the rhino 2620 that I was using in the 9x....any ideas?

BTW everything is stock I haven't opened it up or changed fw.
Jan 22, 2013, 01:45 AM
Rookie
Anyone have any idea when Hobbyking will be getting more of the mode 2 9xr radios in stock?
Is it worth ordering it on back order you think?
Or just wait until new stock arrives?

Quick Reply