Turnigy 9XR - Page 230 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Jan 06, 2013, 12:27 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Vantasstic's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by iskess
Hey Vantasstic.
Yes, I just got it today. Can't wait to don my bling bling around my neck at the field and show all the other fliers my RC fashion statement.
Honestly though, its not quite as f-ugly as in the pictures.
I'm just looking forward to finally having ER9X and access to 12 channels. I need to find a way to hang my Dragon Link to it. Anyone out there find a good solution for this yet?
I ordered the HK USB cable today, but I will hopefully see you on the 12th, long before I get it in the mail. Maybe I should send the radio ahead to give you a head start since we will be short on time.
I look forward to seeing it. You can send it to me in advance if you want...but I don't think it'll be that much in advance. Installing the firmware doesn't take but a few minutes...as long as my cable and dongle work....which looks like it should.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jan 06, 2013, 12:55 PM
Registered User
crucial's Avatar
9XR gimbal wiring (0 min 9 sec)


When I opened up the radio I noticed this. I secured those 2 wires with a zip tie to stop the one from flexing the connector and pins.
Jan 06, 2013, 01:37 PM
Balsa addiction since age 3
ScottSails's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by crucial
http://youtu.be/HXggUh7sY7E

When I opened up the radio I noticed this. I secured those 2 wires with a zip tie to stop the one from flexing the connector and pins.
that seems like a must fix for all users..... good catch
Jan 06, 2013, 01:48 PM
Registered User
This means an epic failure... this radio... seeing this after the mode change issue previous page.
Now I know what means "Hextronic made this !"
Jan 06, 2013, 01:49 PM
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
Julez's Avatar
Indeed!

What about rerouting the cable like this?

There seems to be a hole already in place in the throttle ratchet.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=3373
Last edited by Julez; Jan 06, 2013 at 01:54 PM.
Jan 06, 2013, 02:06 PM
FPV in Hawaii
iskess's Avatar
If anyone comes up with a creative way to mount a LRS TX (ie Dragon Link) on this radio, please post some photos. Those two screw holes on the back open up some possibilities. I'll have to take the radio to the hardware store and see if I can find a screw that will thread in there. The big ugly plastic handle is too far forward to mount to.
Jan 06, 2013, 02:09 PM
Registered User
That kind of flexing broke a solder joint off the aileron gimbal in my 9x. Bad design. As nice as these radios are for the price, and I love 'em, they are not trustworthy for expensive models. I was a Turnigy beleiver until I had the dead gimbal, that was my warning.
Jan 06, 2013, 02:31 PM
Advanced Monkey
nebstress's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by iskess
If anyone comes up with a creative way to mount a LRS TX (ie Dragon Link) on this radio, please post some photos. Those two screw holes on the back open up some possibilities. I'll have to take the radio to the hardware store and see if I can find a screw that will thread in there. The big ugly plastic handle is too far forward to mount to.
The holes take M3 screws (3mm)
Jan 06, 2013, 03:22 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Vantasstic's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by iskess
If anyone comes up with a creative way to mount a LRS TX (ie Dragon Link) on this radio, please post some photos. Those two screw holes on the back open up some possibilities. I'll have to take the radio to the hardware store and see if I can find a screw that will thread in there. The big ugly plastic handle is too far forward to mount to.
Iskess...what's the distance between the screw holes? Are they just holes or threaded? I've got a cr@p Tx sitting here that'll never be used and I've been to cheap to throw it away. It has a metal bar handle on it. The spacing looks to be ~96mm. It's wider than my 9X handle. If it'll fit the 9XR we might be able to work out a deal...for One MILLION dollars!!!!!
Jan 06, 2013, 03:31 PM
Advanced Monkey
nebstress's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic
Iskess...what's the distance between the screw holes? Are they just holes or threaded? I've got a cr@p Tx sitting here that'll never be used and I've been to cheap to throw it away. It has a metal bar handle on it. The spacing looks to be ~96mm. It's wider than my 9X handle. If it'll fit the 9XR we might be able to work out a deal...for One MILLION dollars!!!!!
The holes are 52mm apart (from center of each hole) & they are threaded as already stated, M3 & have metal threads.

Jan 06, 2013, 03:39 PM
Registered User
Yihaaa's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebstress
You don't get a reply, if you don't want the default size you just leave a message telling them the size you want:

Code:
Optional Length
4"(10cm)
6"(15cm) default
8"(20cm)
12"(30cm)
Ok thanks I did place the order for 10 cm
Now awaiting for this cable and from HK the FrSky DIY unit.
Can't wait to solder
Jan 06, 2013, 03:52 PM
Registered User
crucial's Avatar
That would work but you would have to use new wires. The existing one isn't long enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julez
Indeed!

What about rerouting the cable like this?

There seems to be a hole already in place in the throttle ratchet.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=3373
Jan 06, 2013, 04:13 PM
Balsa addiction since age 3
ScottSails's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by renatoa
This means an epic failure... this radio... seeing this after the mode change issue previous page.
Now I know what means "Hextronic made this !"
Regardless, this particular issue seems like a step backward if this radio is intended for the masses - not a hard fix but certainly not one that most people will want to address by themselves (and it does need to get fixed). Hopefully they fix it in next run.

Scott
Jan 06, 2013, 04:47 PM
Flying a Chipmunk in Portugal
jhsa's Avatar
It looks like the cable is a bit too short..
Jan 06, 2013, 05:03 PM
The Ottoman Flyer
Hmm I just cancelled my order on the 9xr. I think I'm going to wait and see what types of problems that are going to pop up over time before I re make my order.

Join me at the RCGroups Chat!


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Gens Ace, Turnigy, Turnigy Nano-Tech Sky lipo, etc. What's Your Preference? jlloyd1995 Batteries and Chargers 133 May 14, 2015 11:53 PM
Sold 2 turnigy motors 2 turnigy esc's crashnburn69 Aircraft - Electric - Power Systems (FS/W) 4 Oct 13, 2012 12:05 PM
For Sale Turnigy 2x 3s 1000 mah and 2s 1000 mah and Turnigy 2s/3s Lipo charger. Falconpunch Aircraft - Electric - Batteries & Chargers (FS/W) 1 Mar 18, 2012 10:47 PM
Discussion Turnigy or Turnigy Nanotech lawguy14 Batteries and Chargers 4 Mar 15, 2012 09:48 AM