Turnigy 9XR - Page 21 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Jul 25, 2012, 07:58 PM
Registered User
Originally Posted by dave1993
w/free shipping? hard to believe.
Not with free shipping however I ordered a Durafly P-47 at the same time and the shipping was only an extra $15 roughly. Extremely good deal and there have been similar freebies as well. I could've got a Funfighter another time except I didn't need anything else at that stage and also already had two (brilliant planes). My Sportjet also came with receiver/transmitter as well so only needed a battery to fly, though I did give the receiver/transmitter away to use the 9X instead.

Don't forget that for a time the Turnigy 9X was also offered for only $35 which I believe would be extremely close to cost price.

Is Anthony altruistic? Probably not as there are benefits - I purchased a P-47 for instance, the freebies are good for getting rid of excess stock, the 9X at that price created a lot of interest in the product etc. However I am sure that he could still acheive those benefits without giving stuff away so I do believe he's a great bloke
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jul 27, 2012, 01:53 PM
RC beginner
i doubt the freebies are actually free. like those free "enhancement" pills on tv with 10$ s&h, really makes me laugh. overcharging for shipping more than compensates and as you say probably getting rid of old stock that would otherwise be a loss. i do agree tony is ok and imo got a bum rap couple years back when hc/hk started gaining popularity. partly fear of competition and partly neo-patriotism with a little bigotry mixed in.
Jul 27, 2012, 02:31 PM
Registered User
Anyone know if there would be a module capable of working with walkera helis, like the Genius/Mini cp ?
Jul 28, 2012, 01:27 PM
Happy FPV flyer
Kilrah's Avatar
Originally Posted by flyandi
I have many many orders with HK and never got a freebie .. so for me that's an urban legend!
Do you have an "upgraded" account?
AFAIK the advantages only apply to "baseline" accounts, not the gold/platinum/etc ones...
Jul 28, 2012, 09:33 PM
Registered User
That's not true. I'm a platinum member and get freebies.
Jul 29, 2012, 03:05 AM
Happy FPV flyer
Kilrah's Avatar
OK, I'll fall in the "urban legend" category then, nothing in 150+ orders.
Jul 29, 2012, 03:18 AM
Registered User
albx's Avatar
can we please be back on topic? I'm interested in the radio, not about the freebies, thank you
Jul 29, 2012, 06:32 AM
Got Foam?
mjcmyers's Avatar
Originally Posted by albx
can we please be back on topic? I'm interested in the radio, not about the freebies, thank you
'nuff said
Jul 29, 2012, 10:50 PM
Youtube: RCTestFlite
Originally Posted by albx
can we please be back on topic? I'm interested in the radio, not about the freebies, thank you
Jul 31, 2012, 03:08 AM
Registered User
Dillzio's Avatar
I agree, no more off topic comments about freebees and stuff

Back to more serious matters, some features I would like to see on the 9XR:
Choice of LED screen backlight colour
Laser distance measuring with speed gun function
On screen atmospheric wind speed indication via live feed from meteorological satellite
Inbuild HD camera with 60X dynamic zoom that follows your model wherever it goes and saves to SD card
Self contained full FPV system with telemetry on heads-up-display
High resolution RADAR with audio notification of incoming threats
High pitched ultrasonic buzzer to repel dogs and children
Customisable skins for the transmitter case
A proximity activated audio alert with user-customisable message eg "don't bother me, i'm flying"
99.9% signal reliability, leaving 0.1% to explain for the instances where talented pilots like myself happen to crash
Jul 31, 2012, 06:00 AM
Registered User
Graham 65's Avatar
Wot no fully automated toaster feature?
Jul 31, 2012, 10:19 AM
Registered User
What about the built-in Coffee Maker?
Jul 31, 2012, 10:31 AM
Registered User
If it cant fry bacon its not worth having.
Jul 31, 2012, 10:48 AM
Registered User
All those things are available and included in the $50 shipped price tag along with four receivers, but if you ask me where I heard that I won't respond to you.
Jul 31, 2012, 11:10 AM
Registered User
xxxcellarator's Avatar
Are you guys done yet?

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Gens Ace, Turnigy, Turnigy Nano-Tech Sky lipo, etc. What's Your Preference? jlloyd1995 Batteries and Chargers 133 May 14, 2015 11:53 PM
Sold 2 turnigy motors 2 turnigy esc's crashnburn69 Aircraft - Electric - Power Systems (FS/W) 4 Oct 13, 2012 12:05 PM
For Sale Turnigy 2x 3s 1000 mah and 2s 1000 mah and Turnigy 2s/3s Lipo charger. Falconpunch Aircraft - Electric - Batteries & Chargers (FS/W) 1 Mar 18, 2012 10:47 PM
Discussion Turnigy or Turnigy Nanotech lawguy14 Batteries and Chargers 4 Mar 15, 2012 09:48 AM