Turnigy 9XR - Page 140 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Dec 24, 2012, 08:19 PM
60 years of RC flying
Daedalus66's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotavery
About 7 minutes and 30 seconds for Mode 1, and 11 minutes for Mode 2.
Actually, it was 3 to 4 hours for the mode 2.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Dec 24, 2012, 08:27 PM
hjukhjuk
gooby's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotavery
Take your module out of your 9X, put it in the 9XR, as an upgrade, and donate it to me!

Or sell it...

Ill give ya $30 for the module less 9X,
Well, I needed frsky range sometime anyway so this was a good time to upgrade. I'm going to sell the old 9x with module and four receivers.
Dec 24, 2012, 08:28 PM
hjukhjuk
gooby's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus66
Actually, it was 3 to 4 hours for the mode 2.
Ok, so that's quite a bit more time!
Dec 24, 2012, 08:31 PM
Registered User
I was ready to order, but without a module that uses the in-built antenna, I'm not interested. I'll wait for that version. I thought I remember reading repeadedly about the built in DSM2/X capability. Was I mistaken? I just got home from work and see it's already gone. You can backorder, but with no module? I don't want that ugly orange module with an antenna sticking out the back for the radio to rest on.
Dec 24, 2012, 08:39 PM
Registered User
molond's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovs
Well, I needed frsky range sometime anyway so this was a good time to upgrade. I'm going to sell the old 9x with module and four receivers.
Only 4? I had amassed 12 (4 the antenna fell off) in the 6 months before I plugged the battery in the wrong way.
Dec 24, 2012, 09:04 PM
Tassie Electric, Heli, Glider
ChrisJ800's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72
I was ready to order, but without a module that uses the in-built antenna, I'm not interested. I'll wait for that version. I thought I remember reading repeadedly about the built in DSM2/X capability. Was I mistaken? I just got home from work and see it's already gone. You can backorder, but with no module? I don't want that ugly orange module with an antenna sticking out the back for the radio to rest on.
Agreed. Im going to wait for the 9XR modules that can use the handle antenna as those external antennas can break easily. Was disappointed the new Turnigy DSM2/X module is not yet ready. Look forward to the test reviews on those getting Batch #1
Dec 24, 2012, 09:09 PM
The Big Kahuna of Foam.
bkahuna's Avatar
I fly WL toys stuff (v911, v949, v929) and Blade helis (MCPx and 130x). I plan on opening mine up when I get and see if I can install a Fly-Sky module internally and then using the back for the DSM2/DSMX module utilizing the built in antenna. Then I'll use the Futaba port for AnyLink.

I'm thinking they won't make a FlySky module for it that uses the built in antenna.

All I know is that I don't want a module with an antenna on the back. I won't be able to set it down on the table with out putting pressure on the back of the module. I've had before and it's like a chair with one short leg.

Another thing is swapping modules all the time can't be good. I'd be worried about a the pins making a poor connection over time and eventually having intermittent problems while flying.

In my opinion the 9xr is going to require modding just like the 9X did.
Dec 24, 2012, 09:11 PM
Goneflying
Im still trying to figure out if i got in on time. Under warehouse status ive got 2 green checkmarks. Anyone else got a 3rd or a 4th checkmark
Dec 24, 2012, 09:11 PM
hjukhjuk
gooby's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisJ800
Agreed. Im going to wait for the 9XR modules that can use the handle antenna as those external antennas can break easily. Was disappointed the new Turnigy DSM2/X module is not yet ready. Look forward to the test reviews on those getting Batch #1
Maybe they are instead going to release it under the orange rx brand rather than turnigy. That way they would have a module for futaba, original 9X/JR, and new 9XR.
Dec 24, 2012, 09:21 PM
Mark Harrison
Quote:
Originally Posted by highflydreamer
Im still trying to figure out if i got in on time. Under warehouse status ive got 2 green checkmarks. Anyone else got a 3rd or a 4th checkmark
Even 1 checkmark means you're in. 2 checkmarks means you're in the print queue, waiting for your ticket to be printed and filled at the warehouse.

I'm hoping that the limit 1, no other items on order thing means they've got them boxed up, ready to go out first thing. And that my cheap shipping accidentally gets upgraded to air express!
Dec 24, 2012, 09:37 PM
Tassie Electric, Heli, Glider
ChrisJ800's Avatar
For those wondering what battery to get, this looks like the one thats needed based on the pic on the turnigy9xr site:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idproduct=8932

but I cant guarantee it will fit and the connector will probably need changing to JST. Anyone find a better battery choice?
Dec 24, 2012, 09:45 PM
60 years of RC flying
Daedalus66's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by highflydreamer
Im still trying to figure out if i got in on time. Under warehouse status ive got 2 green checkmarks. Anyone else got a 3rd or a 4th checkmark
It usually takes 2-5 days for it to get the other two check marks. So don't hold your breath. When it leaves the warehouse ("ships") it may go pretty quickly to the actual shipper, but there can be several more days before it leaves China. Only then does tracking usually pick it up. So don't be surprised if there is a gap of a couple of weeks. All this assumes you are using mail of one sort or another. The more expensive options are quicker.
Dec 24, 2012, 09:52 PM
60 years of RC flying
Daedalus66's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisJ800
For those wondering what battery to get, this looks like the one thats needed based on the pic on the turnigy9xr site:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idproduct=8932

but I cant guarantee it will fit and the connector will probably need changing to JST. Anyone find a better battery choice?
That's a battery designed for heavy loads driving a motor. I would expect that the real 9XR battery would be more like this, designed for TX use:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...utaba_JR_.html

With the appropriate JST connector, of course. But maybe they'll just go the cheap way with a regular LiPo.
Dec 24, 2012, 10:19 PM
hjukhjuk
gooby's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus66
That's a battery designed for heavy loads driving a motor. I would expect that the real 9XR battery would be more like this, designed for TX use:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...utaba_JR_.html

With the appropriate JST connector, of course. But maybe they'll just go the cheap way with a regular LiPo.
Isn't using any lipo for a transmitter a bad idea?
Dec 24, 2012, 10:21 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovs
Well, I needed frsky range sometime anyway so this was a good time to upgrade. I'm going to sell the old 9x with module and four receivers.
How much?


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Gens Ace, Turnigy, Turnigy Nano-Tech Sky lipo, etc. What's Your Preference? jlloyd1995 Batteries and Chargers 133 May 14, 2015 11:53 PM
Sold 2 turnigy motors 2 turnigy esc's crashnburn69 Aircraft - Electric - Power Systems (FS/W) 4 Oct 13, 2012 12:05 PM
For Sale Turnigy 2x 3s 1000 mah and 2s 1000 mah and Turnigy 2s/3s Lipo charger. Falconpunch Aircraft - Electric - Batteries & Chargers (FS/W) 1 Mar 18, 2012 10:47 PM
Discussion Turnigy or Turnigy Nanotech lawguy14 Batteries and Chargers 4 Mar 15, 2012 09:48 AM