Jun 04, 2012, 07:05 AM
RC beginner
not really a badge, just the regular 9x control pad. and i dont know why anybody would think that handle is an lcd screen or antenna. makes no sense. i didnt like the new look at all compared to the current model and now hearing dsm2 lost all interest.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 04, 2012, 07:19 AM
dsm2 choice is understandable, HK want to have receivers source under their control, which seems the case with orange spectrum clones, but not with Frsky, less flexible.

Actually, with the 9XR - X12D competition at horizon, I wouldn't be amazed to see Frsky exit from HK at all... for example if the Frsky support in 9XR will be dropped at all
Jun 04, 2012, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostheli
Not really a control pad, just a badge
This is a joke, for those who didn't get it. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...stChoppers.jpg
Jun 04, 2012, 12:32 PM
I generally like the look of the radio. The handle/antenna is my favorite part since I keep my antenna in that position anyway. The bottom half looks a bit odd with the round control pad seemingly covering part of the lcd panel. Unfortunately DSM2 made me lose interest, too. Even a brief experience with a 4ch OrangeRx was enough for me.
Jun 04, 2012, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by prefabu
I generally like the look of the radio. The handle/antenna is my favorite part since I keep my antenna in that position anyway. The bottom half looks a bit odd with the round control pad seemingly covering part of the lcd panel. Unfortunately DSM2 made me lose interest, too. Even a brief experience with a 4ch OrangeRx was enough for me.
I too think the round part covering the LCD is weird. Why didn't you like DSM2?
Jun 04, 2012, 06:12 PM
My first radio was a DX5e that came with a Radian RTF. I never had any issues with the Radian even though I would sometimes fly it quite far away. I only flew the Radian at relatively isolated parks. When flying my T-28 BNF and Super Decathlon BNF with the same radio, I sometimes had erratic control when flying near schools. Could have been interference from wireless network equipment. Regardless, I lost confidence in DSM2 and moved to another brand and have had no problems since then, regardless of where I fly.

Later I tried using an OrangeRx 4ch with a friend's DX8 on a 3D foamy. When the plane was about 200 ft away it stopped responding to any inputs for a few seconds. It was a light plane, but I was unwisely close to some other people at the park, and I don't want to repeat that helpless feeling. Perhaps DSMX works better.
Jun 04, 2012, 10:19 PM
Flite Test - May 2012 Director's Update - UPDATE (8 min 32 sec)
Jun 12, 2012, 10:02 AM
Mex
Mex
Any news? Or just waiting some more?
Jun 24, 2012, 11:36 AM
aerial photographer
Looks like it will be released in July, if this tweet from June 9th is to be believed.
Jun 24, 2012, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorphos
Looks like it will be released in July, if this tweet from June 9th is to be believed.
That has to be bs maybe because it's not ready until fall.
Jun 26, 2012, 05:46 PM
This Calls for a Sexy Party
finger crossed on that one, i need a new TX asap ( don't want to spend money on the 9X when the 9XR is right around the corner )
Jun 26, 2012, 06:28 PM
maybe you should wait for the x12d then
Jun 26, 2012, 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StewieRC
finger crossed on that one, i need a new TX asap ( don't want to spend money on the 9X when the 9XR is right around the corner )
Wait for Frsky x12d. It's only going to cost 150 with built in telemetry feature. And it just better.

And now the specs:
- built-in module, while the other module (Futaba case) can be connected externally. You can select which one of the two to work, or two at the same time to establish a two-module two-frequency (2.4 + other band) system. FrSky coming long range system module and TF module are also supported as external module. TF module is coming Frsky FASST compatible telemetry module.
- Number of channels: 12ch + 6ch (3+3 extensible)
- ARM M4 core processor (512K FLASH, 128K RAM)
- 212*64 LED back-light LCD
- Audio earphone output
- 32 native memories + SD card (data logger + extended memories)
- Free RTOS operation system/Fr GUI self-developed by FrSky

Any third-party development is welcome, and FrSky are willing to provide necessary hardware and software support. Protocol and diagram will be open to all, while source code will be open to qualified developers.

FrSky telemetry module with new PXX protocol
- Three modes selectable: V8 (non-telemetry 8ch), D8 (telemetry 8ch), D16 (telemetry 16ch)
- D16 mode: PXX only; support both Tx→Rx and Rx→Tx transparent telemetry transmission; support radio-side options for bind, range check, normal working, failsafe and model match
- PXX/PPM auto detect

Release date: season 3.
Price: reasonable and affordabl
Jun 26, 2012, 11:01 PM
This Calls for a Sexy Party
season 3 which will be around fall-winter right ?
winter get pretty brutal where i live, let see if the 9XR can be a good contender for the 12XD ( i don't use 12 channels anyway, but built in Frsky module seem to be nice, so does HK spektrum knock off. )
Jun 26, 2012, 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StewieRC
season 3 which will be around fall-winter right ?
winter get pretty brutal where i live, let see if the 9XR can be a good contender for the 12XD ( i don't use 12 channels anyway, but built in Frsky module seem to be nice, so does HK spektrum knock off. )
Season 1 is winter, Season 2 spring, Season 3 summer, Season 4 fall. I think?

Quick Reply