May 21, 2019, 10:46 AM
Some light backyard test flights in a rather frisky 130X I built from parts.

Has, among other things, linear servos, a MH frame, some random outrunner motor and an aftermarket ESC.

The weird part is that when I landed, I noticed that the signal wire to from the ESC and soldered to the 3-in-1 had come loose, but it apparently managed to fly that way.

#thatsnotright
to remove ads between posts
May 21, 2019, 02:36 PM
Let's Go Mets!
Well, my K130 is spending its first night in it's new home - 30 feet up in the canopy of the leafiest tree in the neighborhood
May 21, 2019, 02:46 PM
Whoops, Rossi, looks like we are in the same boat, both 'lost' a heli but I expect that you will see yours again, I don't think that I will.

Paul
Latest blog entry: Just To Say Hello.......
May 21, 2019, 02:57 PM
Heligamist
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossi46
Well, my K130 is spending its first night in it's new home - 30 feet up in the canopy of the leafiest tree in the neighborhood
Time for a long ladder and one of those really long branch trimmers that extend (I have one .. also has a saw on the top).

Only flying the 230S V2 a bit today .. rained all morning again then mist for early afternoon. It was supposed to be dry .. yeah right
May 21, 2019, 06:16 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
-I have faith, I remember you had a previous heli in tree encounter that ended well. Wasn't that you?

On another note, Let's Go Mets!
May 22, 2019, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Pool skimmer poles work great. and tape two together and you have 40 feet, but they get bendy.

Another option is cement finishing tool poles. Even longer but more money.

Paint Poles are never long enough in my experience and I have a lot unfortunately.
May 22, 2019, 01:02 PM
Let's Go Mets!
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan
-I have faith, I remember you had a previous heli in tree encounter that ended well. Wasn't that you?

On another note, Let's Go Mets!
Yes, I've had a couple of tree-cutting adventures now and I still haven't learnt

And yes, LGM!
May 22, 2019, 04:07 PM
A set of these might help https://www.bartlettman.com/KLEIN-TR...SET_p_752.html

or in extreme circumstances... https://saffordequipment.com/product...yABEgL9m_D_BwE
May 22, 2019, 05:00 PM
Let's Go Mets!
Haha quality!

I went down for a look but there was no sign. I'll try again tomorrow.
May 22, 2019, 05:23 PM
Around an hour bent down looking at a visible circle of one meter carefully separating the rape plants.

Waste of time but 3 great flights with my 110 and 2 with a foamy afterwards made up for it. Couple of beers and life is sweet again.

Paul
Latest blog entry: Just To Say Hello.......
May 23, 2019, 12:10 AM
I did my first (shaky) inverted backwards circuit today! I saved it for the end of my last pack in case I crashed it. In the middle of my second circuit I had to make an adjustment, did the wrong way and of course crashed it. Snapped the boom off at the base For some reason the success followed by the failure just makes me want to do it more
May 23, 2019, 10:10 AM
Regexistentialist
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidDrift
I did my first (shaky) inverted backwards circuit today! I saved it for the end of my last pack in case I crashed it. ...
I try the harder stuff at the beginning of a session when my brain is fresh. Towards the end of a session, my brain turns to mush and I've learned to stick to familiar maneuvers at that stage.

But I'm a long way from backwards anything! (currently working on inverted orientations and FFF). Congrats on your progress!
May 23, 2019, 04:38 PM
Let's Go Mets!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulB
Around an hour bent down looking at a visible circle of one meter carefully separating the rape plants.

Waste of time but 3 great flights with my 110 and 2 with a foamy afterwards made up for it. Couple of beers and life is sweet again.

Paul
Miracles do happen, bro!

My K130 was sitting on the grass, waiting for me tonight when I went for another look. Don't give up -- just pray you find it before the farmer combines the rape field, which will be soon
May 23, 2019, 07:38 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Miracles do happen, bro!

My K130 was sitting on the grass, waiting for me tonight when I went for another look. Don't give up -- just pray you find it before the farmer combines the rape field, which will be soon
-Yes!!
May 23, 2019, 08:44 PM
way to windy to fly anything but large helis 1 flight with my rebuilt way out of trim p51 thank god im a decent heli pilot trimming a ixed wing in high wind is a joke. 1 flight with the 50 tt nitro some 3d stuff no effects from wind gusts although it looked like the heli was going 30 mph while in a hover. i love my thunder tiger highly recomended

Quick Reply