Sep 06, 2018, 09:32 AM
Let's Go Mets!
8 packs in the k120.

4 x 6g & 4 x 3g. No damage. Lol a milestone
to remove ads between posts
Sep 06, 2018, 02:06 PM
Me finally flown today! 12 batteries on my k110 felt good to fly again!
Sep 06, 2018, 04:47 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by yours truly View Post
So I'm back flying helis again after about 2 years. I got me a mcps on last Saturday and man am I disappointed �� I was going to get a nano CPS and my guy talked me into the Mcps and it has no pull out power for 3d. I did a simple forward flip and when pulling back out of the flip it dropped from the sky like a rock with full positive collective ��. So I break the tail boom fix it with solid carbon then try it again. Same result. So after the heli extra parts and repairs I could've just bought the 130s. Live and learn. Well today I had a few extra bucks and got me a nano CPS and oh boy i love it. Right back doing rolls and flips and inverted flight on the first battery �� I had about 5 nano cpx's back in the day and I always loved how such a tiny heli could do these kind of acrobatics. The largest heli I had was a 130x and I loved that model too and my next one will be the new 130s in a few weeks. Anyways, I'm glad to be back flying again and can't wait to get some more flying in on my nano.
-Welcome back to helis amigo! You are gonna love that B130s. We have several folks flying them here, me included. And if you ever need help with gain settings or what have you, just ask. None of it is too difficult.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossi46 View Post
8 packs in the k120.

4 x 6g & 4 x 3g. No damage. Lol a milestone
-Good show...

Quote:
Originally Posted by larsen.gl View Post
Me finally flown today! 12 batteries on my k110 felt good to fly again!
:-) Hope you are doing well my friend...
Sep 06, 2018, 04:52 PM
I am I am kammak
Sep 06, 2018, 05:21 PM
Heligamist
Flew my G700 a couple times early this morning then went out front with the 255S. Ended up getting bit on the fingers by the bugs. I'm really tiring of them. Came inside and flew the Nano CPS around. I'm ready for the cold to come back and the bugs to go away. I love flying in winter.
Sep 08, 2018, 01:38 AM
I officially have a "work horse". I realize it is not as nice to see or as interesting for most. My more popular birds like the Oxy 3 TE, Oxy 2 FE and Fireball are still flying but not as much as this guy, Blade 230s V2. I'm at that stage where I am "SIMING" alot and trying to push myself further and that is where the 230S V2 comes in handy. It takes away the fear factor of crashing a 1000$ (in Canadian currency) heli, yup; that's what building an Oxy 3 or a Fireball costs up here after taxes and shipping plus custom costs have been implemented .

So here is today's flight with the 230s V2.
Blade 230S V2 flight (6 min 44 sec)

An Oxy 2 flight from today as well with ending comments ...
Lynx Oxy 2 flight (5 min 35 sec)

- SpekBo
Sep 08, 2018, 10:10 AM
Regexistentialist

1st Real Loop!

Finally got a makeshift workshop table setup and got some of the helis back on-line (and finally fitted the 230 with a proper XT30 battery connector).

First maiden flights with the new Blade 230S V2 - very impressive! Made it through 6 packs with some focus and no crashes, but then got lazy-brained and complacent/undisciplined/inattentive and smashed it into the ground at a rather good clip - broke one blade grip/link. That was last week. The new parts arrive today.

But before crashing it, I did manage to do my first real loop! (lots of speed with a big diameter) What a blast! (This was one of my primary goals when I first took up RC helis - I figured I'd never be able do smack 3D, but should be able to pull off a few loops and rolls. Loops? Check!)

Looking forward to getting her back up later today (and soon to be going inverted!) Note to self - focus and don't crash!

Meanwhile, 30+ crash free packs through the K110 and K123 indoors over the past week - precision spot landings from all upright orientations onto an elevated helipad. I've implemented an "hours-counter" meter in my Taranis that keeps track of how many hours, minutes and seconds have been flown on each model. I now have over an hour logged on each of the K110 and K123.
Sep 08, 2018, 03:20 PM
@ Ridgerunner , congrats on the loop ! A flip is just a loop on the spot so not a big step , I had more trouble with loops to be honest !
Sep 08, 2018, 04:27 PM
HELICOPTER SWAGG
Congratulations on the loop. It took me about a month and many crashes and repairs before I did any kind of flip on a hell. I agree with dadio though I have trouble still with loops, flips for some reason are easier for me. I learned flips and inverted hovering on a nanocpx and when I moved up to a 130x it was so much easier. Keep practicing my friend you'll get better each time
Sep 08, 2018, 04:44 PM
Heligamist
You'll get there. Then you can try "inverted" loops. It's where you go nose down into one. Those are fun to do.

I flew the B400R once today using the lipo I charged to get all my Spirit FBL's up to the latest firmware and also installed the latest software. It's interesting when I load the program now it says it can't find the unit but if I click No for demo mode it finds it fine and loads up. Not really a big deal and maybe it's because my USB was off an external hub.
Sep 09, 2018, 08:55 AM
9 Packs on 470
7 Packs on Oxy2

20180909 172234 (4 min 23 sec)

20180909 173700 (4 min 30 sec)
Sep 09, 2018, 09:12 AM
HELICOPTER SWAGG
First flight on my new 130s. Man this thing is a beast for its size I gotta get used to the throttle I ended up flipping to idle up 1 at 85 percent cuz 100% was a bit much for my backyard. Got 2 packs in on my nano so far too. I'm headed to the park later with my 130 so I can really open her up
Sep 09, 2018, 10:08 AM
Let's Go Mets!
Welcome to the 130S club

There's a few fans of the little beastie in here. Enjoy!
Sep 09, 2018, 10:21 AM
Oh, what a morning so far... I have flown my k120, 180CFX, 130S (back to back with the 180, the 130 is timid, and less agile... I have room in my transmitter to increase cyclics though) now I am headed out for a flight with my 450 pro fbl... I love the new model pitch assembly on it, they should have made that to start with, it's absolutely solid with no slop and no binding!
Sep 09, 2018, 01:08 PM
HELICOPTER SWAGG
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossi46 View Post
Welcome to the 130S club

There's a few fans of the little beastie in here. Enjoy!

Thanks, I just got back from the park and had a blast flying it with some more room. Opened it up to idle up 2 100% throttle and this thing sure moves. The 130x was the biggest I owned before my 2 year break but I did fly a 230s v1 that my neighbor got. He is into RC cars but decided to get a helicopter after seeing me fly mine and went straight for the 230 lol. He had no idea what he was doing so I set it all up for him and he let me fly it a few times. He then tried to flip it in his driveway having never flown a helicopter before and crashed it hard into the basketball hoop and basically destroyed it. He bought some parts and I helped him fix it but then something was wrong with the control board cuz all the servos were twitching and not moving correctly so I think he ended up giving it to his brother in law. Anyways, I'm gonna have some fun with this and my nano for a while before I get anything bigger. I eventually would like to get a 230s myself but I think I'll wait a while till I master my 130.

Quick Reply