Aug 14, 2014, 01:36 PM
Flew T-Rex 100X and working very well. flew V911 and man this thing shakes, but flys ok. I can use same charger for both and give V911's a flight once in awhikle. Man are they way over stable !
Found an extra motor with my mini c/p stash. Stock motor and put it in extra Mini. It is better and flew all three.
Crashed my #2 V120 but its all good to go. I'll fly both later today. Plus #1 Master needs to be flown also. #1 Master is bone stock except for heat sink.
It now has gone over 150 fights on origianal motors. Two reasons for not upgrading servos etc. First is bird flys very well. Second is to see how bad stock motors are. Motors run fine and have alot of time on them. #2 Master is just over 100 fights but has M/g servos. Still same original Motors. so IF these are what you call BAD motrs I'm in with them.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 14, 2014, 02:07 PM
Suspended Account
I flew 10 batts at the field today and hit 500 flights total on the ncpx. I treated it to a servo and bearing cleaning for putting up with my abuse this long.
Aug 14, 2014, 02:25 PM
Flew 2 packs during first break, and 3 more at lunch today on the 130X. Damn left aileron servo is twitchy. No matter how I clean it or how many times, still 3 min in it gets wobbly. I'm holding out on swapping it with the brand new spare!
Aug 14, 2014, 05:54 PM
Please call me Dana
Just checked, the temperature in the hanger (garage) is 101.5°; I think it might be a good idea to wait until it cools down a bit. I’ll get some flying in this evening, I don’t see any reason to stress the motors in this heat.
Aug 14, 2014, 07:14 PM
Good reason to stay indoors with such heat...it is 86 degrees over here.... Took Master for test flight after putting in new BL motor in substitution of stock motor, new stock esc, new feathering shaft and main shaft after crash yesterday. BL motor a great improvement...now need to balance blades and check links swash. to blade grips....lucked out...after two packs checked main blades for tracking in bench, and as motor started, plastic head of upper link came off from rod....going to check those from now on...guess avoided a major crash...must have pulled out some after crash yesterday....
Last edited by ChespiIker; Aug 14, 2014 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Info.
Aug 14, 2014, 11:08 PM
Summer heat can play in a bad way with small helis. micros/ minis. We all know how hot a car can get in short time. Plus motors are warm to start with. I use tri-flow to lube motors. I am not sure how much good it does but it sure doesn't hurt them. The less friction you have the better, apply a small amount and wipe off excess. I don't fly on dirt or hard top. Alot of trees and dark heli is asking for rescue mission to get bird out of tree.
Aug 15, 2014, 03:27 AM
Wipe off excess...that is the comment I needed...have not been doing itso many little details that when added up make a big difference...3:20 am...will continue to do taxes for July...imagine having to pay every month then finish Master CP adjustments...and no testing in living room lest I wake-up the normal people...I can fly Mini-Cp stock as it is so smooth and noiseless...seven boys and girls (dogs, five rescued strays) waiting to go out on a stroll now that cooler outside. Now, if i could teach them how to fly a heli
Aug 15, 2014, 04:06 AM
Master, finally a-ok...1 pack, genius stock 2 packs, new mini 2 packs.....
Flew half a pack of BL mini....motor died down and mercifully landed softly...no problem...if worse scenario do have new spare bl motor for it...but conked out too soon, barely about 50 flights on it....well...
Last edited by ChespiIker; Aug 15, 2014 at 06:31 AM.
Aug 15, 2014, 12:20 PM
Flew #2 V120 first. It had mishap but no damage done and after adjusting motor flew good as ever. Flew #1 V120 and good to go.
Next was oldie but goodie V100D01. This was Walkera's first generation FBL 100 sized heli. dual bl to boot !! 600ma 1 cell battery. I have flown it to eight minutes and bird still had reserve. I fly it about six minutes.
Then flew stock Mini c/p/ Genius c/p.
T-rex 100X is doing great and Red V911. The Red one was last V911 I bought and also the best of V911's i have. Flys well for what it is.
Master c/p #1 ready to go and V200D01 if time permits. Maybe V450D01 V2.
Aug 16, 2014, 10:12 AM
Very good morning, between coffee cupsName: DSCF2141.jpg
Views: 45
Size: 1.31 MB
Description:

Name: IMG_0272.jpg
Views: 44
Size: 537.2 KB
Description:
Aug 16, 2014, 01:55 PM
I made two portable heli pads. Foam wall board/ smaller one foam boards from $$ store. One is 4 by 4/ other 2 by3. Multi colored tape and big >H< in middle.

Flew Master c/p first then #2 V120d02s. The Das three Amigos Mini c/p's.
T-Rex 100X really scoots around. Last so far is V911 .
Later after lunch fly Hoten-X/ Scorpion Y-6 and V262. . I have done some mods to V262 as i had issues when i first got it. T-mart had it on special and with code/ bonus pts. got it for $48.00 to my door. Ball bearings and couple motors/ plus extra gears ran another $25.00 or so. To date bird has held up and flys pretty decent. Hoten-X bl is awesome fun Quad.

C/P helis are my main concern, but Quads/ Multi-rotors are fun too. !!
Aug 16, 2014, 06:20 PM
Please call me Dana
I got out and flew my HFP100 this morning before it got too hot. Last flight was pushing it as the tail motor got really hot. No more flying until this evening when it cools down some. Got this nice shot of my helicopter in flight.
Aug 16, 2014, 10:05 PM
3 packs with 450D03 over at hole 2 country club by Doc's house....too much sun glare at 7 pm..narrowly escaped too much aileron disaster...2 lights, white, on front skids helped with orientation...now the 120 on third pack started twirling on its axis...TH....crash landed on grass...right side landing skid needs to be replaced ( microheli upgrade), and pitch servo out...luckily have both spares....all in all a good late afternoon flying....now to the infirmary to repair the 120, a mini with bad wire connection to battery, and master a new upper link....all straight-forward stuff....

Dteel, the bird in picture looks bigger than a 100.....were you that CLOSE?
Last edited by ChespiIker; Aug 16, 2014 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Info.
Aug 17, 2014, 08:38 AM
Please call me Dana
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChespiIker
Well, I cropped it a bit but yes, it really was that close. My camera is a bit old and slow by today's standards. It was quite a gem in it's day (Canon G6). So it's biggest drawbacks are slow autofocus and slow response to the shutter release. You wouldn't believe the number of pictures of my heli have no heli in them.

So when I can get a heli hovering in a stable condition I don't worry too much at the time about anything else other than getting the camera mostly aimed in the right direction and releasing the shutter and then praying for the best. It was pretty easy to get good hovering shots of the V911 but none of my current helis hover that stable although these new HiSky V2s are pretty darn close.

It's all on me, no help from the other members of the household at all. They just seem to tolerate my "hobby" and have no interest in encouraging me little own helping. That's ok, I don't need any encouragement anyway although I could use some help on occasion.
Aug 17, 2014, 09:25 AM
Please call me Dana
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChespiIker
Well, I cropped it a bit but yes, it really was that close. My camera is a bit old and slow by today's standards. It was quite a gem in it's day (Canon G6). So it's biggest drawbacks are slow autofocus and slow response to the shutter release. You wouldn't believe the number of pictures of my heli have no heli in them.

So when I can get a heli hovering in a stable condition I don't worry too much at the time about anything else other than getting the camera mostly aimed in the right direction and releasing the shutter and then praying for the best. It was pretty easy to get good hovering shots of the V911 but none of my current helis hover that stable although these new HiSky V2s are pretty darn close.

It's all on me, no help from the other members of the household at all. They just seem to tolerate my "hobby" and have no interest in encouraging me little own helping. That's ok, I don't need any encouragement anyway although I could use some help on occasion.

Quick Reply