Apr 03, 2012, 04:26 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

GP Micro Sabre Radio Problem

Hi all
I have a DX6i radio I want to use with this any link system for the Micro F86 Sabre.
I connected it to my radio,powered the plane and now the plane sits there buzzing,like the servos are oscillating. Only the elevator will work,in reverse of course,the throttle won't work neither will the rudder. So I changed the channel mapping on the radio,the ailerons now work but with the throttle control,the elevator works but when i activate the control,the ailerons also move.

Is there something I am completely missing with this radio setup? I still have no throttle control no matter what map set I use.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 03, 2012, 05:22 PM
Thread OP
Ok well an update. I got the throttle to work, but am still having the problem where if i apply up or down elevator,one aileron will move as well. Any ideas?
Apr 03, 2012, 07:43 PM
Both ailerons should be moving together, as they are mechanically linked to the same servo.

Have you checked to ensure that all your mixing programs are off, like delta/V-tail mixing?
Apr 03, 2012, 08:53 PM
Thread OP
I know they should move together,but they shouldn't move with the elevator. I am going to play around with it some more.
Apr 03, 2012, 09:05 PM
Thread OP
I finally figured it out.It was in elevon mode.No idea how it got there,no plane has ever defaulted to it before,but this one did.Works like a champ now.

Is it normal for the servos to constantly 'glitch' as great planes calls it-buzzing,etc? I tried moving the trims but it still does it.
Apr 04, 2012, 12:21 AM
Team30 Micro EDF
Time to update the thread title to "GP Micro Sabre Radio Problem - SOLVED!"

Which servo is humming?
Apr 05, 2012, 03:05 PM
Effumall
Servos usually make noise because they are pushing against something keeping them from being in neutral, or because they are defective.
Apr 05, 2012, 05:58 PM
Since it's pretty much a RTF plane:

If your control surfaces are centered and the servos are buzzing, then it's normal for servos to do this because they are constantly trying to center "just right."

If the control surfaces aren't centered and they are buzzing, something may be wrong. Look for any binding/friction. If they are buzzing and the servo seems to be stuck at some position out of center, there could be someting hanging up on the control mechanics or if not, a stripped servo internal gear.

Typically what I, and I'm sure most others would call a servo glitch:

- The servo sporadically spasms position, which can be seen by the control surface twitching out of position without any commanded input from the transmitter.

- The servo rapidly jumping through a certain positional range which is inconsistant with your transmitter input. For example slowly deflecting the rudder via the transmitter, but the rudder suddenly lags/jumps through some positions.

Quick Reply