Apr 07, 2012, 04:17 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Well this sucks. I charged up another 4S pack and ran to the park real quick (okay, drove) to try and get a 4S flight data recording. No-go again. I got home, went to download the data recorder and nothing's on it. Jesh. I did a manual clear of it and will try again on another date. I don't do a lot of data recording with it, but it sure is nice to have for motor/prop/battery comparisons. Maybe tomorrow I'll have more luck...if the wifey lets me fly.

Juz,
What kind of flight time are you getting with your HT-FPV setup with that 3000mAh pack? My 4S 2650 is getting about 8 minutes right now with my 920kv motors.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 07, 2012, 04:51 PM
Aka... Chris Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by juz70
Best FPV frame I know of = HT-FPV

OpenPilot CopterControl
frankenquad CC protective case
Spektrum AR 7010 rx + sat rx
HT power distribution board
Turnigy Plush 25 amp ESCs
NTM 1200kv motors
NTM 28 series accessory pack
gaui 8 inch props

turnigy ESC programming card

800mW vTx (rated/tested at 600mW at 12V)
480 OSD camera
cloverleaf whip antenna
rmrc camera cable
rmrc large vTx cable
rmrc video jumper to connect camera cable to tx cable
370mah 3s lipo for cam/vtx

GoPro Hero2 for onboard recording
layerlens gopro protection

Maiden FPV flight...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c98uH...1&feature=plcp
That's awesome Juz! My frame is in the post to me now... Excited!
Got a CC and a franky case ready to go... Pretty much the exact same set up!

Switched to cloverleaf/crosshair myself and loving every minute of it :-)

Chris.
Apr 07, 2012, 09:38 PM
PastorBikerBrewerPilot
I'm curious, those of you building the HT-FPV frames, do you use the blue loc-tite on your fasteners? I saw it is recommended, but not required. Pros & cons before I start my build?
Apr 07, 2012, 10:48 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Quote:
Originally Posted by The RevKev
I'm curious, those of you building the HT-FPV frames, do you use the blue loc-tite on your fasteners? I saw it is recommended, but not required. Pros & cons before I start my build?
Some do, some don't. I normally don't, but did on my HT-FPV frame. I loc-tited the arms and screws on the bottom of the frame. I didn't loc-tite the top frame screws so I could disassemble the frame easily, if needed.
Apr 07, 2012, 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The RevKev
I never loctite anything on my quads. One or two frame screws coming loose ain't going to bring you down. So much easier to re-build/repair/modify the frame without loctite.

Pre-flight, pre-flight, pre-flight.
Apr 07, 2012, 11:47 PM
Anyone have Pictures of where they located their Eagle Tree OSD Pro, eLogger and GPS at?

Also what is everyone using to mount their FPV camera on this frame to?
Apr 07, 2012, 11:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic
Juz,
What kind of flight time are you getting with your HT-FPV setup with that 3000mAh pack? My 4S 2650 is getting about 8 minutes right now with my 920kv motors.
I have no OSD on this frame (yet) and land after about 5.5 minutes and pump back around 2000 - 2200mah. I am kind of guessing these figures as I am not that obsessed with flight times etc. With an OSD I just fly until my pack has given me 70 -80%. Without OSD, for safety, I fly for 5mins. There is always another lipo!
Apr 08, 2012, 01:34 AM
Quote:
Best FPV frame I know of = HT-FPV

OpenPilot CopterControl
frankenquad CC protective case
Spektrum AR 7010 rx + sat rx
HT power distribution board
Turnigy Plush 25 amp ESCs
NTM 1200kv motors
NTM 28 series accessory pack
gaui 8 inch props

turnigy ESC programming card

800mW vTx (rated/tested at 600mW at 12V)
480 OSD camera
cloverleaf whip antenna
rmrc camera cable
rmrc large vTx cable
rmrc video jumper to connect camera cable to tx cable
370mah 3s lipo for cam/vtx

GoPro Hero2 for onboard recording
layerlens gopro protection

Maiden FPV flight...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c98uH...1&feature=plcp
Juz - does your FPV mount get your camera above the GoPro? Or do you have a riser below it, got a Pic of that?
Apr 08, 2012, 03:42 AM
Mmmmmmm!
Quote:
I never loctite anything on my quads. One or two frame screws coming loose ain't going to bring you down. So much easier to re-build/repair/modify the frame without loctite.

Pre-flight, pre-flight, pre-flight.
True that. I thought I'd do this "properly" and put loctite on every screw but the ones for the top plate and protection plate. I think this was a mistake. If I break an arm I have to buy new spacers and screws, it's impossible to get these out now. Crap. Think I'll order a new set of screws right away since I already have a spare set of arms.
Apr 08, 2012, 05:37 AM
PastorBikerBrewerPilot
FPV camera is tentatively planned to be mounted alongside my Gopro using the snap case from eyefly.info

http://www.eyefly.info/index.php?rou...tegory&path=63

Duo-snap FPV cam mount: http://www.eyefly.info/index.php?rou...&product_id=63

Quote:
Originally Posted by shdwkeeper
Anyone have Pictures of where they located their Eagle Tree OSD Pro, eLogger and GPS at?

Also what is everyone using to mount their FPV camera on this frame to?
Apr 08, 2012, 07:29 AM
My miniquad for FPV.

Frame: Custom - carbon arm 30 cm - Nivea plastic case. First quad good for your skin....

Flight Controller : Crius SE - Multiwii 2.0
Power Distribution: soldering
Batteries: 2S - 3S for FPV
ESC: 4 turny plush 10A
Motors: 1810 hobbyking
Props: 5x3
Rx: 41mhz 6 channel
Lights: none
Camera: Sony Super HAD PAL
Video Tx: Fatshack 2.4Ghz 100mw
OSD: none
Last edited by klaudius; Apr 08, 2012 at 07:30 AM. Reason: photo
Apr 08, 2012, 10:56 AM
Mmmmmmm!
Well, what can I say, the VC-FPV frame sure as **** won't become my main quad anytime soon because of random issues with electronics, motors and everything. I'm using Naze32 on it and I have little to no yaw authority. Sometimes I can barely turn left, and this time I couldn't turn right and the motors (Which are expensive, smooth, quality motors. I.e MT2216) make this horrible noise when I try. What's going on?!

Naze32 with VC-FPV - Something is wrong (0 min 37 sec)
Apr 08, 2012, 11:10 AM
Perhaps a wrong ball bearing on one motor. it happed to me on one motor.
If your propeller are unbalanced, it can break ball bearing.
Apr 08, 2012, 11:21 AM
Mmmmmmm!
Could be that, altho they feel fine when I turn them by hand. They don't make any noises, they don't feel gritty... But just to be sure I'll replace all 4 motors with another set I have.
Apr 08, 2012, 11:47 AM
by experience not noticable just turning le motor by hand... apply lateral pressure on axis in many direction, the axis must be rock solid...sommetime it make a clic on outrunner cause magnet stick on stator.

Quick Reply