Chilliwack Spring 2012 - Page 8 - RC Groups
May 26, 2012, 08:17 PM

No Fun Here

Pretty dead this year, only about 40 Pilots and 150 Planes . . You didn't miss much so far Frank !
to remove ads between posts
May 26, 2012, 11:26 PM
Frank:
As I've told my daughter many times girl there will never be a guy good enough for her; then one day there will. But she will always be her daddy's little girl. No matter how old she gets.
Rick
May 27, 2012, 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiBell
Frank:
As I've told my daughter many times girl there will never be a guy good enough for her; then one day there will. But she will always be her daddy's little girl. No matter how old she gets.
Rick
Just got home, Rick. Don't make me cry, again!
May 27, 2012, 04:54 AM
Complete the Illusion!
I had to double check!! The photo of Mikes Chilliwack Taxi in Hal's post looks almost real!! The dog is a nice touch
May 27, 2012, 11:08 AM
Team Tracon!
Good morning Frank, hope you had a nice time last night!.

We were all thinking about you and took a couple of pictures to let you know you were missed...
May 27, 2012, 11:09 AM
Team Tracon!
Ken made me do it...

Sorry Buddy !!!

May 27, 2012, 11:10 AM
That is awesome Sam, thanks! That made my day. I was really depressed about not being there, but being at the graduation and seeing Kaitlyn made the pain go away. I'm a proud papa. But save me that spot for next year. The VJL (vonJaerschky Luftwaffe) will be back!
May 28, 2012, 08:50 AM
Yes, "that" Karl...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bildo baggins
Bummage! was looking forward to some pics/vidz of the Northern types cuttin up
Ask and you shall receive. I have a few others yet to be edited.

Bristol 170 Freighter at the 2012 Chilliwack Spring Fly (5 min 47 sec)

Can someone tell me what this plane is so I can change the description?

Ken's Voisin Canard seaplane hand launch (1 min 37 sec)

Ken's Voisin canard seaplane landing (0 min 20 sec)
May 28, 2012, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by karl k
Can someone tell me what this plane is so I can change the description?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxF_D9fv1Ts
That's Ken's Voisin. A beauty for sure!
May 28, 2012, 09:11 AM
Chillin till SEFF
Very nice!
May 28, 2012, 09:52 AM
Yes, "that" Karl...
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonJaerschky
That's Ken's Voisin. A beauty for sure!
Thank you. The video info has been changed.

Does anyone know what the plane Ivan was flying is modelled after? I have video of that as well, but would like to label it right from the start.
May 28, 2012, 10:53 AM

Ivan's Plane

Ivan flew several airplanes but I expect it was this one you took the video of.

http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=h...PUBMAc&dur=516
May 28, 2012, 11:17 AM
Chillin till SEFF
Kewl old canard and the Freighter was super kewl floating by
May 28, 2012, 11:23 AM
Thanks Kark K for the great videos that show the world our Chilliwack scenery at its best. The model of the Bristol Freighter was built in 2000 for the Canadian Nationals when the electric scale event was held at Chilliwack. It is modeled after one of the fleet of Freighters that was operated in my native New Zealand in the early fifties. Most of their flying was in the form of a shuttle service linking the North and South Islands. Cargo was winched in through the nose from pre loaded pallets and a seven ton payload could be off loaded and reloaded in a matter of minutes.

If your question about a model I flew is the four motor RAF transport plane, it is a Blackburn Beverley. I saw that one flying at the Farnborough Airshow in 1956. It could carry heavy earth moving equipment, and was operated a lot in the Middle East where it could land on improvised desert airstrips. If jeeps needed to be carried, fifteen could be stacked inside in pyramid style.

Keep up the great videos. Ivan
May 28, 2012, 11:49 AM
IAMCANADIAN
Sorry to have missed Sunday's flying. I need a new plane for some gear that very suddenly became available about noon on Saturday.

Looking forward to more pics.
Last edited by Grejen; May 28, 2012 at 02:15 PM.