Jun 08, 2012, 02:35 PM
IAMCANADIAN
Cool. Well edited vid. No 'dot-in-the-sky' stuff I missed Sunday so I got to see what I missed.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 08, 2012, 02:38 PM
Crash Test Dummy
Nice work, Larry! Thanks for posting!
Jun 08, 2012, 02:58 PM
Thanks Larry. It's hard to believe that two years have gone by since I was there.
Jun 10, 2012, 07:44 AM
Team Tracon!
Thanks Larry, we're back from our trip and hope to start processing the pictures today...we'll do our best to get them out as soon as possible...

Sam
Jun 11, 2012, 06:42 AM
Slip the surly bonds...
I made some videos during my visit: the quality is not great but they have a "historic" appeal. Here's Ivan "touch and go-ing" the Beverley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...y6dlgdeVBgBAsg
Jun 11, 2012, 08:11 AM
Yes, "that" Karl...
I finally got around to finishing some more video editing. Here's two more videos from the event.
I really need to bring a camera with zoom next time.

DHC-5D Buffalo at the Chilliwack Spring Fly 2012 (2 min 35 sec)

Ivan Pettigrew's Blackburn Beverly (5 min 45 sec)
Jun 12, 2012, 08:04 AM
Student of Ivan
Great videos guys! Very nicely edited all around.

Ivan can sure handle 'em, can't he? Always impressive.

Thanks for posting them.

John
Jun 12, 2012, 11:25 AM
Slip the surly bonds...
I know all the regulars missed Frank at Chilliwack this year, but just to bring a tear to your eye, here he is flying his Twin Otter at the new pond they have at Comox. It's a very good location with clear approaches on 3 sides. The fourth side has rather a lot of trees within range, and although have I carefully edited out any suspicion that the good von J might have merely touched one of the nearest branches with a wing-tip, I'm afraid that is what happened. There was only slight damage to the float front leg attachement, and you'll see him repairing it in the second clip.

The question is, can you guess "what happened next"?

His flying video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=eqCva_kQv8Q

His repairs:
2012_06050324 Frank repairs (10).MP4 (0 min 18 sec)
Jun 12, 2012, 11:39 AM
Formerly "vonJaerschky"
I thought you were taking photos, not video. And very mean of you to partially cut through my tape and spoil my superior workshop techniques, just so you could post video of it. The Twin Otter has of course been repaired, and has flew again the very next day.
Jun 12, 2012, 08:27 PM
Nice videos Karl. I envy your wide angle lens. I wish I had a camera with one of those

Lar
Jun 12, 2012, 09:10 PM
Team Tracon!
Hehehehehe...

Hidden inside video of the vonJaerschky aircraft factory..

Jun 13, 2012, 03:10 AM
Yes, "that" Karl...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digiflier
Nice videos Karl. I envy your wide angle lens. I wish I had a camera with one of those

Lar
It's just a little helmet camera. The lens cover glass took a beating, causing the focus to be off and make things look a little soft. I've had it a while for filming when I rode motorcycle.

I would've filmed with a different camera if I had another one that didn't record an interlaced image.
Jun 13, 2012, 11:45 AM
Slip the surly bonds...
And now a few minutes of Ivan having a bit of fun with his DH86 Express!

2012_06050304 Ivan DH Express flight (9).MP4 (4 min 35 sec)
Jun 13, 2012, 12:51 PM
Slip the surly bonds...
Ivan's flying of the Express reminds me of a story I heard while in the Army a few (!) years ago. This RAF HS 125 pilot was ferrying back an MP from an important meeting in Brussels. The WO loadmaster in charge of the pax came forward to the flight deck and said that the MP had complained that the wine was not at room temperature. The pilot told everyone to strap in and them did a slow roll, just like Ivan in the video. Unfortuantely, the story goes, he was sacked.

Does anyone know if this is just an urban legend or if it is true?
Jun 14, 2012, 04:04 AM
Team Tracon!

Chilliwack 2012 pictures !!!

Hi Gang,

Sorry this took so long, after many hours sorting all of the pictures and Beverly spending many hours at the computer processing them, we are finally finshed!.

All the pictures have been uploaded to our website...

Thanks again to everyone who attended the event and provided the many aircraft that were captured in Beverly's pictures.

For all the action from this year's event please visit our website:

www.teamtracon.com

Sam & Beverly

Team Tracon