Apr 03, 2012, 04:30 AM
Thread OP
New Product

Walkera MINI super FP 4ch helicopter

Walkera new FP 4ch helicopter. A 4ch version of the Genius/ mini cp. Compare to it's 6ch brothers, the mini super FP seems to be a bit more stable. And a little longer flight time.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 03, 2012, 08:35 AM
The main motor they are using is the same as the mini. Flight times are going to be about 3min if your lucky. The board/frame layout looks just like the mini cp. I also see they changed the location of the coil that breaks off on the mini. This will probably be better than the msr, we will see. Ehirobo are saying 87.99$ Arf, 109.99 rtf with the new 2401d devo radio. I do see they say the servo is wk-02-5, the minicp uses wk-02-4 I don't know if that is a typo or not. Walkera had said they improved the mini/genius servo by making the cord longer and adding silicone grease to the internal electricals. They also said that the gears are stronger. Maybe the new improved servos are labeled wk-02-05. Anyone know? I think it's a typo cause if you look close on the pic above the servo says 4 or maybe it saays 5?

WALKERA Mini Super FP Flybarless 4CH Helicopter RTF - 2.4GHz

Features:
The flybarless design characterizes low power loss and great improvements in efficiency
Sophisticated 3-Axis gyro flybarless stabilization system automatically adjusts the controls for stable flight
Highly developed low voltage drive system provides a green, environmentally friendly and safe power solution
Mini size helicopter for indoors, providing 5-6 minutes of flight time after a full charge
Specification:
Overall length: 220mm
Main rotor dia.: 241mm
Tail rotor dia.: 42mm
Gyro: Three-axis
Main brush motor: 1220FC
Tail brush motor: 0615R
Servo: wk-02-5
Battery: 3.7V 240mAh Li-Po
Dimension: 220*40*77mm
Package Included:

Mini Super FP Flybarless helicopter
WK-2402D transmitter
Li-Po Battery Charger
3.7V 240mAh Li-Po Battery
Spare main blade X 1 pair
Spare tail blade
Instruction manual

All helicopter were setup and tested by skilled technican before delivery
As 2.4Ghz technology do not require any frequency contorl. Makes this mode a lot safer to operate and don't have to worry about bringing the wrong crystal to the flying field
Design for EXPERT pilot
Last edited by mescalinedream; Apr 03, 2012 at 05:37 PM.
Apr 03, 2012, 01:49 PM
Digital HD FPV & Goblin helis
Looks like an ideal sub-micro FPV project!

Lighter and more efficent than Mini CP. My Mini CP weighs 49 g with a C05 motor 240mAh Hyperion, video camera and A/V transmitter. I guess Super FP would weigh around 45 g with the same setup and fly 2-3 minutes longer.
Apr 03, 2012, 04:44 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
Also FP can have higher lift profile blades with lower airspeed than it's CP "cousin", so some flight time might be won back there as well.
Apr 04, 2012, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mescalinedream
The main motor they are using is the same as the mini. Flight times are going to be about 3min if your lucky. The board/frame layout looks just like the mini cp. I also see they changed the location of the coil that breaks off on the mini. This will probably be better than the msr, we will see. Ehirobo are saying 87.99$ Arf, 109.99 rtf with the new 2401d devo radio. I do see they say the servo is wk-02-5, the minicp uses wk-02-4 I don't know if that is a typo or not. Walkera had said they improved the mini/genius servo by making the cord longer and adding silicone grease to the internal electricals. They also said that the gears are stronger. Maybe the new improved servos are labeled wk-02-05. Anyone know? I think it's a typo cause if you look close on the pic above the servo says 4 or maybe it saays 5?
Servos are different for sure: it seems they have no controller within, just the pot... Look at the plugs! There is an empty plug for a third servo: ie for a CP version. It also uses CP blades too...
Apr 04, 2012, 02:05 PM
ladybird, miniCP, msrx, 4F180
Dang, I want one. I like all of walkera's new product. I wonder if the Devo 7 will work with this since its all devo, just wont use all 7 channels on the TX.
Apr 04, 2012, 09:44 PM
ooops
I believe XHeli and Nitroplanes have had videos up for a while?
Apr 04, 2012, 11:04 PM
ladybird, miniCP, msrx, 4F180
I like the look of the head design. Looks like a mostly CP head with CP looking blades but at a positive pitch. I bet its gonna fly really well. I like my msrx a lot, this looks neater than that.
Apr 05, 2012, 01:51 AM
..and how much is it, $169?
needs to be priced under $90
Apr 05, 2012, 02:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scub
..and how much is it, $169?
needs to be priced under $90
BNF $88:
http://www.ehirobo.com/shop/product_...ducts_id=11717
Apr 05, 2012, 04:21 AM
And 109,99 $ for RTF.

It seems that Walkera has recovered common sense with their prices.
Apr 05, 2012, 05:25 AM
Thread OP
The servo's look identical fromt he outside. But the mini use -4 and the super use -5. Not sure what is the different........
Apr 05, 2012, 05:57 AM
So this is a flybarless, fixed pitch, non-3d helicopter?
Does this mean it can handle wind lot better than the v911 for instance, or is this a privelege of cp helicopters?
Apr 05, 2012, 07:08 AM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDR_
With shipping from $25-$45 to the U.S.

The one thing I hate about Ehirobo despite them having stock on many Walkera helis and parts.
Apr 05, 2012, 07:52 AM
I sent Wow Hobbies an E-mail about a week ago asking when this helis would be in stock. They quickly replied that they " WILL NOT be stocking or selling this heli as it's redundant to the Genius CP that is just as stable"
Go figure, they sell ever other Walkera, why not this one?

Quick Reply