Lumenier RB2205C-12 2400KV SKITZO Ceramic Bearing Motor
Old Mar 31, 2012, 12:28 AM
Find More Posts by brightfan
Discussion

Cannot get 12v DC output from Delta DPS-700EB

Just got a retired Delta DPS-700EB.

After some search in the forum, I've gotten the full pinout from this post: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=844

I connected (actually soldered) pson, pskill and ground, which brought up the power supply (apparently it made some noise). However, I measured the +12V pin with ground and got a 0 read. I am sure my digital multimeter works fine since I can get a 5v read between 5VSB and ground.

BTW, there is a led right aside the power cord socket and it's orange (should be green?).

Is there any modification I missed?

Thanks you very much
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 31, 2012, 12:44 AM
Find More Posts by rick.benjamin
Reduce the drama...
lots of info
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1292514
Old Mar 31, 2012, 11:40 AM
Thanks Rick. I actually found the page in my post from the link you mentioned. It does have lots of info but it doesn't solve my problem. Thanks for replying.

My problem is: after I powered up the DPS-700EB (by connecting pson, pskill and ground), I don't get a voltage between +12V pin and ground. I don't think OVP or OCP has anything to do with this since there is no load in the circuit yet. And I need to mention the only led on the back of the power supply is orange.

Any comment will be helpful.

Thanks!!
Old Mar 31, 2012, 11:45 AM
Find More Posts by mrforsyth
If you're absolutely certain that you've properly connected the appropriate pins, then you've likely received a bum supply. Buzz out all connections and make sure that there are no inadvertent solder splashes and such that may have pulled down a wrong pin.

Uncertain whether +5VSB is live when A/C is present regardless of PS enable but will do some checking. No doubt Xandrios knows this straightaway.

Mark
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 01, 2012, 12:08 AM
Find More Posts by xandrios
Steven
Hello brightfan.

In a few instances you may get an OVP fault .

If so, then also connect the 12VS (pin 63) to the +12V

and connect the 12VS return(pin 8) to Ground.

This may be needed if the internal voltage is set to high.
Last edited by xandrios; Apr 01, 2012 at 12:15 AM.
Old Apr 01, 2012, 01:06 AM
Thanks for pointing me to xandrios, Mark. The problem is solved now.

As xandrios said, a potentiometer inside the power supply was setting a high voltage which caused an OVP fault. After I turned it clockwise a little bit, the led turned from orange to green and I finally got the output voltage.

Thanks a lot for the advice, xandrios

Quote:
Originally Posted by xandrios
You could also turn the voltage down internally for your DPS-700EB .

Potentiometer #5 adjusts voltage. Clockwise to decrease output voltage.