Mar 30, 2012, 09:07 AM
Discussion

Dan McCleary is verrrry slow to ship and refund money

If you are looking for a wing don't buy from this guy.
http://www.xg-extremegliders.com/Ext...ess/?page_id=2.

He was supposed to send me a kit and after about two weeks I asked for a refund. After another week or so I received a kit that was screwed up when they cut it. He sent a note that said here is a flawed kit, build it. There was also a check for a partial refund. Well now the check has bounced so I'm out that $50 plus another $12 in fees.
Last edited by fabmaster911; Mar 30, 2012 at 12:16 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 30, 2012, 09:43 AM
The web site is down too....
Mar 30, 2012, 10:03 AM
Okay that link brings up something.
Mar 30, 2012, 10:09 AM
The results of your single transaction do not warrant the public message that someone is a scammer. Sounds to me like they attempted to make right by a partial refund and are not in the best of financial situations if their checks are bouncing. You could have made attempts to resolve this offline.
Mar 30, 2012, 11:11 AM
foam is fun, but glass is fast
Ya I received a flawed kit as well. He told me in person and gave me a break on my kit. It added a whopping 30 seconds to my sanding time to fix the slight wave in the foam. It looks like the wire got hung up on some garbage in the foam. I am going to give him the money he took off my kit when I see him next. All foam (epp) should be sanded to a fuzz before covering anyways or did you not know this? As far as your 2 week delay get over yourself its only a toy airplane. I spent a couple hundred on a glider and am now 2 weeks over promised delivery and it is coming from a real shop, not a guy busting his balls after his day job.
Mar 30, 2012, 11:23 AM
Windependent
Dan is one the most nicest, honest and generous person I know. You could have resolved this differently, Dan will do anything to make it right.
Last edited by slopepilot; Mar 30, 2012 at 12:02 PM. Reason: person not people,lol
Mar 30, 2012, 11:55 AM
Nothing to see here...
I have waited a month and a half .....

and I'm still waiting for a plane I want. (from a different manufacturer)
No big deal.

The good things in life are worth waiting for...
Mar 30, 2012, 12:01 PM
Semper Fidelis
Quote:
Originally Posted by slopepilot View Post
Dan is one the most nicest, honest and generous people I know. You could have resolved this differently, Dan will do anything to make it right.
+1

I've always had a great experience dealing with Dan. I'd give him a call and work things out.
Mar 30, 2012, 12:15 PM
We'll see how it turns out. You guys all say hes wonderful. we'll see.