.....GoldFish.... 2012 "The year of the Fish" - Page 9 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Apr 12, 2012, 09:55 AM
Stirring the pot
johannlochner's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakkie
I am still busy with the build. The sanding is taking longer than expected
Punch some holes.... Swiss style!
Way less sanding!
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Apr 12, 2012, 09:57 AM
scratch build everything
DudleyLeRoux's Avatar
yeah! goes swiss fish. or send it to durban and i'll swiss fish it for you. Maybe i could sand it, I have proof that I can sand, want to see ?
Apr 12, 2012, 10:36 AM
Piscine Promulgator
surfimp's Avatar
Bakkie's got a Le Fish then? NICE

Steve
Latest blog entry: Of Fish, France, FPV, and Fun!
Apr 12, 2012, 12:24 PM
scratch build everything
DudleyLeRoux's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfimp
Bakkie's got a Le Fish then? NICE
Bakkie only has a le fish when he finishes building it
Apr 12, 2012, 02:03 PM
Bill Scott
billscottuk's Avatar

Change of "livery"


If you plan on using the colour scheme of the "Belfast" fish, you may need to look again.
It's had a makeover for 2012!!
I know, because I work in the building right next to it!
Apr 12, 2012, 02:27 PM
-----
Woodstock 1's Avatar
Eeek !
Apr 12, 2012, 02:36 PM
Stirring the pot
johannlochner's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodstock 1
Eeek !
+1
Is that malicious graffiti?
They've ruined it!
J
Who thought it looked fine as it was!
Apr 12, 2012, 03:57 PM
Piscine Promulgator
surfimp's Avatar
Bakkie I think I can relate. Pardon me if it's an overreach, but judging by your piloting skill and love for life, you and I are similar in that we just want to fly, and all this building stuff is rather a nuisance, a sort of necessary evil in the service of a noble end (smashing airplanes into the ground in the furtherance of aerobatic expression). I feel you brother!! Hang in there, remember the Swiss build is faster than the traditional build

Steve
Latest blog entry: Of Fish, France, FPV, and Fun!
Apr 12, 2012, 04:03 PM
Bill Scott
billscottuk's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by johannlochner
+1
Is that malicious graffiti?
They've ruined it!
J
Who thought it looked fine as it was!
Not graffiti no. The colours are those used by a publicity campaign for the NI tourist board called NI in 2012. Appeared on the fish about 3 weeks ago. Incidentally, it represents the return of the salmon to the River Lagan.
Apr 12, 2012, 04:10 PM
Piscine Promulgator
surfimp's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by billscottuk
Not graffiti no. The colours are those used by a publicity campaign for the NI tourist board called NI in 2012. Appeared on the fish about 3 weeks ago. Incidentally, it represents the return of the salmon to the River Lagan.
Ah they're just gluing the fuse halves together - the CF longeron that was backordered must've finally come in

Steve
Latest blog entry: Of Fish, France, FPV, and Fun!
Apr 12, 2012, 08:13 PM
Building with TLAR precision
Zenmaniac's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfimp
Bakkie I think I can relate. Pardon me if it's an overreach, but judging by your piloting skill and love for life, you and I are similar in that we just want to fly, and all this building stuff is rather a nuisance, a sort of necessary evil in the service of a noble end (smashing airplanes into the ground in the furtherance of aerobatic expression). I feel you brother!! Hang in there, remember the Swiss build is faster than the traditional build

Steve
Bakkie wastes too much time putting worms on hooks -- wrong kind of fish, Greg!

-= Dave
Apr 13, 2012, 01:41 AM
Registered User
Fubar 123's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by johannlochner
+1
Is that malicious graffiti?
They've ruined it!
J
who thought it looked fine as it was!
:d:d
^^ +2
Apr 14, 2012, 11:05 AM
Stirring the pot
johannlochner's Avatar
No vertical take-off stuff....
But slowly it's getting there!

Glassing is done, and the first primer coat is on.
I need to fill some minor blemishes first!

I'm not sure what to do about the canopy...
The top edge is very "sharp" and from past experience makes it hard to lay up a canopy.
The bottom is an option, but I may just try a nose cone....
I've never done one, so it may be intresting!
Hey, this is what it's all about...
Learning!
Apr 14, 2012, 12:32 PM
It's time for me to fly
JimZinVT's Avatar
I like the bulging eyes but all that other surface detail is going to make her pretty draggy, no?

Oh wait, that's not the fuselage....

Apr 14, 2012, 01:21 PM
scratch build everything
DudleyLeRoux's Avatar
Geez, are you curing your epoxy at elevated temperatures?


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion First Fun Fly of the year at Hartford Pa. 3/16, 3/17, 3/18. 2012 Curt S RC Flight Events 0 Mar 14, 2012 12:08 PM
Contest 2012 New Years Day Postal Contest Mr B.... Sailplane Events 115 Jan 08, 2012 12:38 PM
Contest 2012 New Years Postal Contest Mr B.... Thermal 1 Dec 27, 2011 10:03 PM
Discussion 2012 the year of the Hypothecation event bubble bursting making sub prime look small treehog Life, The Universe, and Politics 0 Dec 17, 2011 07:59 PM