Cellpro / no balance tap on Li-ion - RC Groups
Mar 30, 2012, 07:17 AM
Account Closed
Discussion

Cellpro / no balance tap on Li-ion

I'm looking at the option of using 7.4v Fromeco Lithium-ion batteries in my plane, they do not use balance taps, only the two leads to power the radio. I have a Cellpro 4 and 10s however, I can't seem to find any documentation in the manual on proper set up with the Cellpro chargers to charge Li-ion without balance taps. Any thoughts?

Scott
to remove ads between posts
Mar 30, 2012, 11:10 AM
Sindland MC SAA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Gerber
I'm looking at the option of using 7.4v Fromeco Lithium-ion batteries in my plane, they do not use balance taps, only the two leads to power the radio. I have a Cellpro 4 and 10s however, I can't seem to find any documentation in the manual on proper set up with the Cellpro chargers to charge Li-ion without balance taps. Any thoughts?

Scott
Hi,

Both of these chargers are cell balance chargers and cannot charge a pack without a balance tap. The Multi4, PL6, and PL8 are capable of charging this pack without a balance tap. You can add our CPBP7 pigtail to the pack so you can use your chargers. Let me know if you have any questions, thanks.
Mar 30, 2012, 11:27 AM
Account Closed
Thanks Howard,

That's pretty much the conclusion I came to with online research, just wanted to double check with someone in the know to make sure I wasn't missing something.

Scott