Oct 23, 2003, 11:48 AM
Sic Semper Tyrannis
Question

guillow's p-47 conversion

I am an experienced glow-pilot who has been out of the hobby for about 10 years. I am very interested in getting back in via park/slowfliers and was wondering if anyone had successfully converted the Guillow's "Giant Scale" P-47? If so, what motor/esc/batts are you using, and any other info you could provide would be great.
My Grandfather flew a T-bolt in WWII, and I ahve always wanted to build one.
Thanks in advance
to remove ads between posts
Oct 23, 2003, 02:17 PM
Hey Craab,
I'm sure others will chime in here it is real doable just keep things light if your going to do a GWS size/type slow flyer.
I made my scratch built Depron foam P-47D Razorbacks from Depron foam and enlarged paper model plans of Fiddlers Green & Paper Models International. These fly great withe the GWS IPS systems AUW 7-7.5oz. I now have close to 200 crash free flights of over 15 min. on mine using 2 1200 LiPoly's or the GP 370 8 cell packs. The Guillows plans would be good but their plastic/ styrene parts are heavy. I made my own from .010 styrene.
See my posts in the Foamie Fourm as well as others do a search of mtflyr. I'm now doing a Guillows P-38. I'm finishing up the painting of it. I love the P-47 be proud of your grandfather does he have any pictures?
Pete
Oct 23, 2003, 02:19 PM