This thread is privately moderated by yorkiepap, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 28, 2012, 01:23 PM
Trader Rating: 105
Thread OP
Sold

Superb condition JR PCM9 Single-Stick Tx/Rx's

I am selling my JR PCM9 Single-Stick Tx w/2 Rx's(9ch/10ch), charger, orig.manual, & original box. This unit is in absolutely superb condition. I just got it back from HH/JR for a complete servicing & testing to insure functionality & reliability with the 53MHz module/Rx's, & sent in a syn. 72MHz & Rx to insure it would function with the 72MHz. All tested well & service was completed. The HH invoice will be included in the manual for record. The 72MHz module & Rx's are NOT included as they are for my 8103. This unit CANNOT be converted to 2.4GHz. This will be double boxed & packed very well for shipment. This is a NO RETURN SALE!!!!!!! I have no control of a users knowledge & understanding of this type of unit & what they may do that may damage it. This is $385 shipped via PayPal or USPS M.O. Thanks for looking.....

Denny
to remove ads between posts
Mar 29, 2012, 07:09 AM
Trader Rating: 181
Blew out my flip flop
Denny,

I'm curious, why cant it use a 2.4 module? No ppm? If thats the case, then it wont work with fm rx's either, I believe....
Mar 29, 2012, 09:15 AM
Trader Rating: 105
Thread OP
David,
I am quite inept understanding electronics & the more advanced radio parameters as far as what/why everything does what it does. I can read a basic wiring diagram & understand a computer to make them work, & that's about it. I do understand radio frequencies as far as the differing channels. The response from HH/JR indicated that only Z-PCM Rx's can be used, so if there are no 72MHz Z-PCM Rx's available, then the Tx will be limited to Z-PCM availability. Here's a link that is Greek to me, although may clarify your query.

Denny

http://www.aerodesign.de/peter/2000/...M_PPM_eng.html
Mar 29, 2012, 11:27 AM
Trader Rating: 20
Fuzzy Member
I had an older PCM JR, and it only worked with pcm. At the time, processing power was limited, and PCM was considered vastly superior to PPM, so if you could afford one of these top end radios, the assumption was that you would never want to use a lowly ppm reciever with it, let alone a reciever not produced by JR. Remember of course that this radio was built before computerized, multi memory radios existed. And so would have been normally dedicated to one or maybe two expensive planes.
The idea of add on spectrum 2.4ghz packs, micro recievers, or even storing multiple model setups on a single TX was just so much science fiction at the time. It's a very cool old radio, single sticks feel very intuitive in the air, but they were very expensive to produce.
Best of luck with the sale.

Quick Reply