Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Old Mar 30, 2012, 01:19 PM
Dialfonzo is offline
Find More Posts by Dialfonzo
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Dialfonzo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cquian View Post
This is still confusing. In a normal quad, all props are lifting, lettering is facing up. On the Vtail, I would assume the front 2 motors would be the same as a normal quad, props lifting, lettering facing up.

For the back motors, I think you are stating that the rear props are pushing, meaning the prop lettering is facing down.

All this while observing the CW/CCW directions for a Y4/Vtail.

Correct?
No not correct...
The prop rotation will tell you the way they have to be mounted.
Since if you want to fly they have to push air thru ground.. or you never lift..!
RCG Plus Member
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 30, 2012, 01:38 PM
Bledi is offline
Find More Posts by Bledi
Registered User
Bledi's Avatar
a picture is better :
Old Mar 30, 2012, 01:50 PM
cquian is online now
Find More Posts by cquian
Registered User
I think the confusion is in when a prop is lifting vs. pushing, so let's change the discussion.

In the picture just posted, for the rear motors, is lettering for props facing up? I would think yes, and then like you said direction of rotation guides you on whether you need a CW or CCW prop. It is only potentially confusing when you have a downward facing motor like in this vtail or a Y6, seeing the direction of rotation doesn't tell the whole story unless you state that regardless of motor mount direction, prop lettering is always up.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 01:57 PM
Bledi is offline
Find More Posts by Bledi
Registered User
Bledi's Avatar
Yes lettering (extrado) is on the top ( like on a quadri)
Old Mar 30, 2012, 01:58 PM
Dialfonzo is offline
Find More Posts by Dialfonzo
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Dialfonzo's Avatar
Lettering will never face down... since that way the air would push the copter to the ground..
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 30, 2012, 02:02 PM
flyhigh300 is offline
Find More Posts by flyhigh300
Registered User
ha ha..

think about this one guys.. Science teacher asked us many many years ago..

When you push down with your hand on a desk .. ( it does not move)

Is your hand pushing on the desk or the desk pushing back at you ?

Anyway.. props "letters" will always face up .. to push\pull the copter skyward..



Quote:
Originally Posted by cquian View Post
I think the confusion is in when a prop is lifting vs. pushing, so let's change the discussion.

In the picture just posted, for the rear motors, is lettering for props facing up? I would think yes, and then like you said direction of rotation guides you on whether you need a CW or CCW prop. It is only potentially confusing when you have a downward facing motor like in this vtail or a Y6, seeing the direction of rotation doesn't tell the whole story unless you state that regardless of motor mount direction, prop lettering is always up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bledi View Post
Yes lettering (extrado) is on the top ( like on a quadri)
Old Mar 30, 2012, 02:15 PM
Saneless is offline
Find More Posts by Saneless
Registered User
What is the word on efficiency lost because of the tilted motors? This looks fairly interesting if it behaves just like a tricopter.
Very nice frame, indeed!
Old Mar 30, 2012, 02:27 PM
tc3wins is offline
Find More Posts by tc3wins
Multirotor Builder!!!!!
hey guys good news and bad. Good, I recieved the Frame today. it is awsome. now for the bad, I am having issues updating the firmware for the naze32. TC e-mailed me what to do, but my computer is giving me issues and I am not getting the options for the fimeware updater, so if anyone here has experience with that let me know. Thanks TC3
Old Mar 30, 2012, 02:42 PM
Jessestr is offline
Find More Posts by Jessestr
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3wins View Post
hey guys good news and bad. Good, I recieved the Frame today. it is awsome. now for the bad, I am having issues updating the firmware for the naze32. TC e-mailed me what to do, but my computer is giving me issues and I am not getting the options for the fimeware updater, so if anyone here has experience with that let me know. Thanks TC3
Naze32 -> AfroFlight?
Old Mar 30, 2012, 02:44 PM
cquian is online now
Find More Posts by cquian
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessestr View Post
Naze32 -> AfroFlight?
Yes, that would be correct
Old Mar 30, 2012, 02:53 PM
tc3wins is offline
Find More Posts by tc3wins
Multirotor Builder!!!!!
Yes afroflight. but in the firmware demonstrator is not playing nice on my pc. so I may just install my quadrino on the frame for now till I can get it sorted out. and as for multiwii. what is motor place ment on the board. basically I am asking which is motor 1 ,2,3,4, on the frame. and which pin on the multiwii board. I know it goes pin 9, 10, 11 and so on. so is like pin 9 motor 1 or pin 11 motor 4 I just want to make sure everything is hooked up right. it has been along time since I have messed with the multi wii stuff. at the moment my quadrino is on a quad that works perfect with ver 1.8ver2, so have not had it pluged into the pc for along time. there was no need . LOL and I am going to upgrade to 2.0 and use either y4 or vtail config.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 02:54 PM
Jessestr is offline
Find More Posts by Jessestr
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3wins View Post
Yes afroflight. but in the firmware demonstrator is not playing nice on my pc. so I may just install my quadrino on the frame for now till I can get it sorted out. and as for multiwii. what is motor place ment on the board. basically I am asking which is motor 1 ,2,3,4, on the frame. and which pin on the multiwii board. I know it goes pin 9, 10, 11 and so on. so is like pin 9 motor 1 or pin 11 motor 4 I just want to make sure everything is hooked up right. it has been along time since I have messed with the multi wii stuff. at the moment my quadrino is on a quad that works perfect with ver 1.8ver2, and I am going to upgrade to 2.0 and use either y4 or vtail config.
If you got the AfroFlight working let me know

Thanks
Old Mar 30, 2012, 02:56 PM
tc3wins is offline
Find More Posts by tc3wins
Multirotor Builder!!!!!
I have an afroboard on my vario copter but it uses mk software the naze 32 is different, it uses the multi wii control panel, but to up date the firmare it is different.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 03:00 PM
Dialfonzo is offline
Find More Posts by Dialfonzo
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Dialfonzo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3wins View Post
Yes afroflight. but in the firmware demonstrator is not playing nice on my pc. so I may just install my quadrino on the frame for now till I can get it sorted out. and as for multiwii. what is motor place ment on the board. basically I am asking which is motor 1 ,2,3,4, on the frame. and which pin on the multiwii board. I know it goes pin 9, 10, 11 and so on. so is like pin 9 motor 1 or pin 11 motor 4 I just want to make sure everything is hooked up right. it has been along time since I have messed with the multi wii stuff. at the moment my quadrino is on a quad that works perfect with ver 1.8ver2, so have not had it pluged into the pc for along time. there was no need . LOL and I am going to upgrade to 2.0 and use either y4 or vtail config.
Take a look at second post..!!
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 30, 2012, 03:14 PM
Bledi is offline
Find More Posts by Bledi
Registered User
Bledi's Avatar
If your board is this one you have motors numbers. Look at the second post to know how to connect



Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Bledi-DiaLFonZo Copter VTail HUNTER 400 CANOPY + Addons Innerbreed Multirotor Talk 42 Sep 20, 2013 10:41 PM