Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Old Jul 07, 2012, 01:59 PM
Dialfonzo is offline
Find More Posts by Dialfonzo
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Dialfonzo's Avatar
Looking real good..
Those 2836 are 28mm diameter ?

The ESC will be a bit of a chanlenge to be hidden in the frame but i manage to put 30A in the center if you are able to do the wiring custom (no power plate)
RCG Plus Member
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 07, 2012, 03:29 PM
flitelab is offline
Find More Posts by flitelab
flitelab's Avatar
I have the F30A all mounted within the frame no problem.
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 07, 2012, 10:10 PM
Eddfoo is offline
Find More Posts by Eddfoo
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialfonzo View Post
Looking real good..
Those 2836 are 28mm diameter ?

The ESC will be a bit of a chanlenge to be hidden in the frame but i manage to put 30A in the center if you are able to do the wiring custom (no power plate)
Yes they are indeed 28mm Dia, the base screws are I believe 3mm @ 16mm cntr and 19 mm cntr.

Thanks guys, will need more advise when the frame arrives and during the setup. Cheers
Eddie
Old Jul 07, 2012, 11:18 PM
Dialfonzo is offline
Find More Posts by Dialfonzo
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Dialfonzo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddfoo View Post
Yes they are indeed 28mm Dia, the base screws are I believe 3mm @ 16mm cntr and 19 mm cntr.

Thanks guys, will need more advise when the frame arrives and during the setup. Cheers
Eddie
Good..
Just want to be sure they fit the 30mm hole in the arm.. !
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 08, 2012, 11:09 PM
kad is offline
kad
Find More Posts by kad
kad
Quad Crasher
kad's Avatar
In an attempt to help myself decide what kind of setup to use on one of these frames, I've gone through the entire post and assembled the following list of setups. I wasn't able to find all the details for everyone's setups and I my have missed some changes, so if you'd like to contribute, please PM me and I will update/add your configuration. (sorry about having to use the code tag, but I couldn't find a way to do a table with this forum software).

-K

Code:
Frame	 Motor(F)	Motor(R)	Prop(F)  	Prop(R) 	FC	  	Batt	User
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
500	 1050kv	       	1050kv	  	8x4	        8x4	        ?	  	?	JohnyGab
500	 1050kv	       	1050kv	  	9	        8	        Naze32	  	?	tc3wins
400	 1088kv	       	1088kv	  	8	        8	        KK	  	?	cmeisteriii
400	 800kv	        800kv	  	8x4	        8x4	        MSH	  	?	Otatiaro
Prototype 1400kv	1100kv	  	8	        8	        WM+ Gyro only	?	Bledi
400      1400kv	        1100kv	  	8	        8	        WM+ Gyro only	?	Bledi
500	 860kv?	        860kv?	  	10x5	    	10x5	        CC	  	?	TruckBasher
500	 1050kv	       	1050kv	  	9	        9	        Quadrino  	?	cquian
?	 ?	        ?	  	?	        ?	        Bob's MWC 	?	tmproff
400	 1100kv	       	1100kv	  	8	        8	        ?	  	?	flitelab
500	 850kv	       	850kv	  	10x4.5	        9x4.7	        Quadrino  	3s	flitelab
500	 750kv	        750kv	  	10x5	    	10x5	       	Crius AIO 	4s	Kipkool
400	 1350kv	       	1350kv	  	8	        8		? 	  	?	flyhigh300
500	 1300kv	       	1300kv	  	8	        8		? 	  	?	flyhigh300
?	 ? 	        ?	        ?	        ?	        Rushdino  	?	Steven Wong
500	 1000kv	       	1000kv	 	10x4.7	    	9x4.7	       	KK 5.5e	  	?	Eddfoo
Last edited by kad; Jul 11, 2012 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Updated multiple, added Batt column.
Old Jul 08, 2012, 11:12 PM
Dialfonzo is offline
Find More Posts by Dialfonzo
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Dialfonzo's Avatar
Very nice
I will update the second post with that completed list
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 08, 2012, 11:47 PM
kad is offline
kad
Find More Posts by kad
kad
Quad Crasher
kad's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialfonzo View Post
Very nice
I will update the second post with that completed list
Might want to hold off until the first batch of updates is over. I'm already getting some from people.

-K
Old Jul 09, 2012, 02:56 AM
Kipkool is offline
Find More Posts by Kipkool
Old Flying Bastard
Kipkool's Avatar
Nice idea. You should add lipo cell count too.
I'm on 4s with 10x5 eprops booth front & rear for 750kv. This would be too low for 3S.
Now it flies with the new Crius AIO 1.0 pro & mwc 2.1.
Old Jul 09, 2012, 04:48 AM
STLCOP is offline
Find More Posts by STLCOP
Registered User
STLCOP's Avatar
Does anyone have any advantages or disadvantages/pros vs cons as compared to a "regular" quad say such as a DJI flamewheel? I see alot of rolls and flips, does this machine fly in a straight or horizontal path?
Old Jul 09, 2012, 06:14 AM
Dialfonzo is offline
Find More Posts by Dialfonzo
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Dialfonzo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLCOP View Post
Does anyone have any advantages or disadvantages/pros vs cons as compared to a "regular" quad say such as a DJI flamewheel? I see alot of rolls and flips, does this machine fly in a straight or horizontal path?
A lot of yaw capability
It's more like a Tricopter than a Quad

Video
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 09, 2012, 11:43 AM
cquian is offline
Find More Posts by cquian
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLCOP View Post
Does anyone have any advantages or disadvantages/pros vs cons as compared to a "regular" quad say such as a DJI flamewheel? I see alot of rolls and flips, does this machine fly in a straight or horizontal path?
This video show some flips, but more straightline flying

DiaLFonZo V-Tail Frame 500mm - Mild Flips and Spins (5 min 29 sec)
Old Jul 10, 2012, 03:18 PM
Kipkool is offline
Find More Posts by Kipkool
Old Flying Bastard
Kipkool's Avatar
I've finally removed the boring Wookong from the Vtail 500 & grabbed a new mwc board , the new cirius pro ( mega 2560 ).

Here is it's first outdoor flight. This thing is a rock to fight strong wind.

Hunter Vtail 500 - ready to rumble (4 min 41 sec)


Too much wind & no rcrate setted up to try loops here

I'm definitively fan of this Vtail thing.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 07:19 AM
flitelab is offline
Find More Posts by flitelab
flitelab's Avatar
Finally got the 500 build finished.

500mm Hunter-Vtail (3 min 24 sec)


Quadrino Zoom Flight Controller
iPower iBM2212Q 850kv Motors
30A iPeaka ESCs with SimonK Firmware
Gemfan 10X4.5 Props Front
Gemfan 9X4.7 Props Rear
3S 3300 Sky Lipo
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 11, 2012, 07:23 AM
Bledi is offline
Find More Posts by Bledi
Registered User
Bledi's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kad View Post
In an attempt to help myself decide what kind of setup to use on one of these frames, I've gone through the entire post and assembled the following list of setups. I wasn't able to find all the details for everyone's setups and I my have missed some changes, so if you'd like to contribute, please PM me and I will update/add your configuration. (sorry about having to use the code tag, but I couldn't find a way to do a table with this forum software).

-K

Code:
Frame	 Motor(F)	Motor(R)	Prop(F)  	Prop(R) 	FC	  Batt	User
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
500	 1050kv	       	1050kv	  	8x4	        8x4	        ?	  ?	JohnyGab
500	 1050kv	       	1050kv	  	9	        8	        Naze32	  ?	tc3wins
400	 1088kv	       	1088kv	  	8	        8	        KK	  ?	cmeisteriii
400	 800kv	        800kv	  	8x4	        8x4	        MSH	  ?	Otatiaro
Prototype 1000kv	850kv	  	10	        10	        ?	  ?	Bledi
500	 860kv?	        860kv?	  	10x5	    	10x5	        CC	  ?	TruckBasher
500	 1050kv	       	1050kv	  	9	        9	        Quadrino  ?	cquian
?	 ?	        ?	  	?	        ?	        Bob's MWC ?	tmproff
400	 1100kv	       	1100kv	  	8	        8	        ?	  ?	flitelab
500	 850kv	       	850kv	  	9	        8	        ?	  ?	flitelab
500	 750kv	        750kv	  	10x5	    	10x5	       	Crius AIO 4s	Kipkool
400	 1350kv	       	1350kv	  	8	        8		? 	  ?	flyhigh300
500	 1300kv	       	1300kv	  	8	        8		? 	  ?	flyhigh300
?	 ? 	        ?	        ?	        ?	        Rushdino  ?	Steven Wong
500	 1000kv	       	1000kv	 	10x4.7	    	9x4.7	       	KK 5.5e	  ?	Eddfoo
There is an error and an add :
Prototype : 1400kv 1100kv 8" FC = Gyro only by WM+
400 : 1400kv 1100kv 8" FC = Gyro only by WM+
Old Jul 11, 2012, 07:25 AM
Bledi is offline
Find More Posts by Bledi
Registered User
Bledi's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLCOP View Post
Does anyone have any advantages or disadvantages/pros vs cons as compared to a "regular" quad say such as a DJI flamewheel? I see alot of rolls and flips, does this machine fly in a straight or horizontal path?
Just have a look :
Multiwii Hunter Vtail video 2 (2 min 9 sec)


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Bledi-DiaLFonZo Copter VTail HUNTER 400 CANOPY + Addons Innerbreed Multirotor Talk 42 Sep 20, 2013 10:41 PM