Nov 16, 2012, 06:48 AM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmostCool
I added some lighting to help with orientation recognition and low-light flight. Didn't realize these LEDs were so bright! The white ones especially.....

[]http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag13/dchoi_a/hnter1.jpg[/IMG]

[]http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag13/dchoi_a/hnter2.jpg[/IMG]
Beautiful with the red bottom..
to remove ads between posts
Nov 16, 2012, 11:33 AM
AlmostCool "I added some lighting to help with orientation recognition and low-light flight. Didn't realize these LEDs were so bright! The white ones especially..."

... i believe you copied mine

I really like your light cutoff with the forward and backward facing leds....but i would have spots in my eyes after flying while staring directly at the leds..lol
Last edited by danielnc06; Nov 16, 2012 at 11:47 AM.
Nov 16, 2012, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielnc06
AlmostCool "I added some lighting to help with orientation recognition and low-light flight. Didn't realize these LEDs were so bright! The white ones especially..."

... i believe you copied mine

I really like your light cutoff with the forward and backward facing leds....but i would have spots in my eyes after flying while staring directly at the leds..lol
You know, maybe I was subconsciously inspired by your pic...

I purposely cutoff the LEDs in preparation for FPV. Don't want any flaring in the camera view. Happy to know that the LEDs are bright enough to almost act like headlights for night time FPV flights.
Last edited by AlmostCool; Nov 16, 2012 at 05:37 PM.
Nov 16, 2012, 07:51 PM
UAS Pilot - FAA# *******HRK
I got my 400 frame today. Lotta neat looking parts. Is there a build pdf ;r something I can download. I haven't waded through all 100+ of this thread so if there's a blow by blow of this build i'll go looking.

Thanks,
Mike
Nov 16, 2012, 08:17 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by CryHavoc
I got my 400 frame today. Lotta neat looking parts. Is there a build pdf ;r something I can download. I haven't waded through all 100+ of this thread so if there's a blow by blow of this build i'll go looking.

Thanks,
Mike
Not at the time.
What do you need?
Nov 17, 2012, 03:06 AM
UAS Pilot - FAA# *******HRK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialfonzo
Not at the time.
What do you need?
Nevermind, once I got the parts identified and layed out, combined with the pics in the first message of this thread, its obvious how it goes together. I've just got it loosely assembled until I get some ESCs as I want to bury them in the arms.

Mike
Nov 17, 2012, 03:08 AM
Custom quad builder
Be sure and use blue lock tight
Nov 17, 2012, 05:42 PM
Got a chance today to get her out in the open to see what she's capable of. No flips (sorry).

Hunter 500mm, Crius AIO Pro, 2830-920kv spinning 10x5 props.

Dialfonzo Hunter Vtail 500mm - fast flight (4 min 9 sec)
Last edited by AlmostCool; Nov 17, 2012 at 06:06 PM.
Nov 17, 2012, 05:46 PM
Holy Depth perception Batman!!!!! Darn good thing you installed those lights. Would have been a mess of not it seems.
Nov 17, 2012, 05:54 PM
Lights definitely helped! Although due to the asymmetrical shape, adjusting to orientation is much easier than a normal quad. The sun was starting to set, so the LEDs were pretty much required.

I'll try to take another vid in broader daylight someday. Maybe try a flip or two, but 3D flying is not really my style (yet). Would like to fly like Warthox someday...
Nov 18, 2012, 06:40 PM
Quote:
Got a chance today to get her out in the open to see what she's capable of. No flips (sorry).

Hunter 500mm, Crius AIO Pro, 2830-920kv spinning 10x5 props.
Very cool! How did you wire up your lighting? Is is wired through the AIO, or directly to the battery / ESC? I'm looking for tips on how to add lighting to my quad...
Nov 18, 2012, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxota
Very cool! How did you wire up your lighting? Is is wired through the AIO, or directly to the battery / ESC? I'm looking for tips on how to add lighting to my quad...
I use a power distribution board that has a couple pins for a JST connector. But essentially, the LEDs are wired in parallel direct to battery.
Nov 18, 2012, 08:45 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Thread OP
Quote:
On the C2F it's real easy.
LED strip wull fit right on the plate in the center of arm.
I can give you some pictures. Or make you a set...But would need some ordered
Nov 19, 2012, 03:07 PM
Quote:
I use a power distribution board that has a couple pins for a JST connector. But essentially, the LEDs are wired in parallel direct to battery.
Sounds simple enough :-). Did you use an off-the-shelf module, or just wire the LEDs directly? What CL resistance did you use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialfonzo
On the C2F it's real easy.
LED strip wull fit right on the plate in the center of arm.
I can give you some pictures. Or make you a set...But would need some ordered
Thanks DF. Unfortunately, I had to take off those plates, because my ESCs wouldn't fit between them (just 1mm too wide). I'm going to try to work something out with the fit, so I can get the plates back on. Do you have a thread that explains the electrical portion of the LED setup (like which LEDs to use, what Current-limiting resistance to use, etc). Wouldn't want to fry my lighting, or worse, my battery!
Nov 19, 2012, 03:23 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Thread OP
Quote:
Sounds simple enough :-). Did you use an off-the-shelf module, or just wire the LEDs directly? What CL resistance did you use?

Thanks DF. Unfortunately, I had to take off those plates, because my ESCs wouldn't fit between them (just 1mm too wide). I'm going to try to work something out with the fit, so I can get the plates back on. Do you have a thread that explains the electrical portion of the LED setup (like which LEDs to use, what Current-limiting resistance to use, etc). Wouldn't want to fry my lighting, or worse, my battery!
I use LED strip.
They are made to be wired to 12vdc and can be cut in length of 3 LED.
Each can be powered to 12vdc.

A 3 LED strip fit the side :-)

Quick Reply