New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Aug 25, 2012, 09:00 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Dialfonzo's Avatar
Sorry...
I am on vacation far from home.
Catching a thing here and there.

MiniWii forum

If i remember. Ftdi is front
No it's probably loaded with quad config.
That's why i asked you if you have a FTDI adapter before shipping.


Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3wins View Post
Hey Dialfonzo , I sent you a pm a few days ago. need to know which way that mini board faces front, and is the y4 or vtail already loaded on the board?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Aug 25, 2012, 10:43 PM
Registered User
jinsing's Avatar
Ok, ready to plug into her. I am using the crius aio, is multiwii 2.0 ok? Or do I need the 2.1?
Also does arduino need upgrade also?
Aug 26, 2012, 12:39 AM
Registered User
jinsing's Avatar
Ok, using 2.1 and she's alive!
Aug 26, 2012, 04:03 AM
Multirotor Builder!!!!!
Dialfonzo- I will look. yea I broke my ftdi, I have one coming should be here monday. thanks again.
Aug 26, 2012, 06:07 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by cquian View Post
Very nice flight.
Thank you!
Aug 26, 2012, 04:11 PM
kad
kad
Quad Crasher
kad's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialfonzo View Post
Kad
Maybe you have one motor that has an incorrect kv rating?
I suppose it's possible, but I don't know how to tell. I don't have a watt meter or any kind of test rig.

-K
Aug 26, 2012, 04:30 PM
Custom quad builder
tech69x's Avatar
Has anyone tryed this frame with the kk board
Aug 26, 2012, 04:35 PM
kad
kad
Quad Crasher
kad's Avatar
I'm beginning to think this mini is cursed. Got the new batteries, charged one up and tried another test flight. Got 5 feet in the air and the Left front motor came out of it's mount and the whole thing crashed, of course. One of the two set screws that hold the motor into its mount was missing. Inspection shows a missing screw on the Right front motor as well. <sigh>

-K
Aug 26, 2012, 07:04 PM
Registered User
Well, I was holding out for Dialfonzo's MiniWii, but can across the NanoWii on Flyduino. At $50 shipped from Germany and not needIng an FTDI, I couldn't resist.

Kad, I had a turnigy micro PCB quad a while ago, I found those little 10g motors too delicate for quads (unless you fly like warthox). Seems like everything is so lightweight, yet rigid. I really wasn't a fan of the mounting situation, not to mention the tiny motor wires.
Aug 26, 2012, 10:37 PM
kad
kad
Quad Crasher
kad's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifraf View Post
Kad, I had a turnigy micro PCB quad a while ago, I found those little 10g motors too delicate for quads (unless you fly like warthox). Seems like everything is so lightweight, yet rigid. I really wasn't a fan of the mounting situation, not to mention the tiny motor wires.
I went with them because they were the ones Dialfonzo designed the frame for. I haven't seen anything else that would fit, have you? I suppose if I could find a more powerful motor only slightly heavier, I could flip the arm construction so the arm without the hole is "up". But I see these 10 gram jobs, then it seems the next lightest is 50 grams.

-K
Aug 26, 2012, 11:08 PM
Registered User
I don't think it's an impossible design. Just maybe more finicky. Perhaps vibes are a bigger deal on the smaller frames since there isnt as much mass to absorb them I never got my Naze working either, and hoping to have better luck with the new board. I am on a 500 frame, though.
Aug 26, 2012, 11:27 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifraf View Post
I don't think it's an impossible design. Just maybe more finicky. Perhaps vibes are a bigger deal on the smaller frames since there isnt as much mass to absorb them I never got my Naze working either, and hoping to have better luck with the new board. I am on a 500 frame, though.
You can't go wrong with a Quadrino on the 400/500. Had another great flight today after increasing the RC Rates, now the flips are super fast.

Too bad the Naze32 doesn't do well on this frame, on a Quad it really rocks. Might accept the challenge to move it to my V-tail and see if I can get it to work, if I get bored
Aug 26, 2012, 11:52 PM
Registered User
jinsing's Avatar
Anyone using rushduino gps on multiwii 2.1?
I need help. I have mine plugged to the i2c
And defined i2c_gps.
I am not getting any info updated to the GUI.
Also my dx7 is not showing any movement on the GUI either.
Is there something I forgot to uncomment?
Using crius fc aiop.
Aug 27, 2012, 06:41 AM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Dialfonzo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kad View Post
I went with them because they were the ones Dialfonzo designed the frame for. I haven't seen anything else that would fit, have you? I suppose if I could find a more powerful motor only slightly heavier, I could flip the arm construction so the arm without the hole is "up". But I see these 10 gram jobs, then it seems the next lightest is 50 grams.

-K
I have design the frame for HK10g motors.
I don't think they are the one you're using... No?
Aug 27, 2012, 06:43 AM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Dialfonzo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinsing View Post
Anyone using rushduino gps on multiwii 2.1?
I need help. I have mine plugged to the i2c
And defined i2c_gps.
I am not getting any info updated to the GUI.
Also my dx7 is not showing any movement on the GUI either.
Is there something I forgot to uncomment?
Using crius fc aiop.
Did you uploaded the firmware in the GPS?
Is it 5v i2c port where you connected?


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Bledi-DiaLFonZo Copter VTail HUNTER 400 CANOPY + Addons Innerbreed Multirotor Talk 42 Sep 20, 2013 10:41 PM