Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Aug 13, 2012, 01:34 PM
kad
kad
Quad Crasher
kad's Avatar
My 3 blade props arrived, sort of. GotHeli sent the wrong ones. I ordered 5030s, they sent 7035s. Won't even come close to fitting on the back end.

-K
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Aug 13, 2012, 01:35 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Dialfonzo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kad View Post
My 3 blade props arrived, sort of. GotHeli sent the wrong ones. I ordered 5030s, they sent 7035s. Won't even come close to fitting on the back end.

-K
That is not real good.
Are they sending the right one now ?

Still do you have anything else than the Naze32 to fit there to test ?
Aug 13, 2012, 04:06 PM
kad
kad
Quad Crasher
kad's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialfonzo View Post
That is not real good.
Are they sending the right one now ?
Yup, He's sending me the right ones and a label to ship the wrong ones back at his expense. Good customer service, just a frustrating delay for me. Although that will probably put the prop adapters and the new props arriving about the same time late this week.

Quote:
Still do you have anything else than the Naze32 to fit there to test ?
I've got the CopterControl my LHS owner loaned me. I was just hoping to exhaust the possibilities with the Naze first, since I have no way to buy a CC of my own at the moment.

-K
Aug 13, 2012, 04:08 PM
kad
kad
Quad Crasher
kad's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinsing View Post
Could it be the props, not producing enough lift tilted? Or say able to handle the load tilted?
That's one of the possibilities I'm testing. I ordered some different props, the order for which came in today, but they sent the wrong ones (way too big) so I'll have to wait to test that possibility until later this week.

-K
Aug 13, 2012, 04:42 PM
kad
kad
Quad Crasher
kad's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyhigh300 View Post
Question for you.. if you run one motor with just .. Rx can you compare the power it puts out.. vs with the flight board..
Ok, just performed the test. I unhooked all of the motors but one then armed and ran it up to full throttle with the FC. It was a little hard to tell, as the FC kept changing the RPM as I titled it about, but after a minute or so I think I got a feel for it's highest output. I then hooked the same motor directly to the RX and ran it up to full throttle. It seemed to me that the top thrust through the FC was about equal to 75-80% direct to the RX.

In case it matters, I've got the TX endpoints set to produce a signal of almost 2000 at full throttle (as close as I could get it). This was as per instructions from the FC designer in another post.

-K
Aug 13, 2012, 04:46 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Dialfonzo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kad View Post
Ok, just performed the test. I unhooked all of the motors but one then armed and ran it up to full throttle with the FC. It was a little hard to tell, as the FC kept changing the RPM as I titled it about, but after a minute or so I think I got a feel for it's highest output. I then hooked the same motor directly to the RX and ran it up to full throttle. It seemed to me that the top thrust through the FC was about equal to 75-80% direct to the RX.

In case it matters, I've got the TX endpoints set to produce a signal of almost 2000 at full throttle (as close as I could get it). This was as per instructions from the FC designer in another post.

-K
Do you have a Y harness to programe all your ESC at the same time ?
If so you could get them all hook to the throttle channel of your TX to see if it can lift easy ? (BEWARE of PROP)
Aug 13, 2012, 05:06 PM
kad
kad
Quad Crasher
kad's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialfonzo View Post
Do you have a Y harness to programe all your ESC at the same time ?
If so you could get them all hook to the throttle channel of your TX to see if it can lift easy ? (BEWARE of PROP)
Unfortunately, I don't have one. My other quad has a CRIUS MultiWii and you can program all 4 at once through those. The Naze however does not allow that and I haven't picked up a 4 way harness yet.

-K
Aug 13, 2012, 05:07 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Dialfonzo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kad View Post
Unfortunately, I don't have one. My other quad has a CRIUS MultiWii and you can program all 4 at once through those. The Naze however does not allow that and I haven't picked up a 4 way harness yet.

-K
But did you program them one by one .?
Aug 13, 2012, 07:29 PM
kad
kad
Quad Crasher
kad's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialfonzo View Post
But did you program them one by one .?
Oh Yes, twice.

-K
Aug 13, 2012, 08:47 PM
Registered User
Boy, Kad... you're making me think about packing up that Naze...
Aug 13, 2012, 08:52 PM
Multirotor Builder!!!!!
Guys , the Naze 32 is a great board but it is super hard to get it to work with the v-tail config. I tried one on my 500 v-tail and I even changed the gyro LPF, and such tried every setting and It still would not fly right. if you use the naze 32 in a quad or Hexa it will fly perfect. I have found that either a KK board or a regular multiwii or quadrino with y4 or v-tail config works best.
Aug 13, 2012, 08:59 PM
Some call me the other guy!
DoctorAudio's Avatar
Did he say the Quadrino?

Muahahahaha!
Aug 13, 2012, 09:00 PM
Multirotor Builder!!!!!
I am using a quadrino in my 500 and it is working flawless. and I tried a kk board in the 400 I had and again it worked flawless as well.
Aug 14, 2012, 02:10 AM
Registered User
nice frame, how about this price
Aug 14, 2012, 09:25 AM
Registered User
Guys... I got another small batch made yesterday of the Mini Vtail,

I will start to build it tonight.

Prop selection.. when we build the Mini Quad .. we find that the 3 blade where not as effective as the 2 blade props.

on my Tri also I had the same Issue.. I tested 3 blade first and .. I had horrible performance .. when to two blade and it was fixed... went to 3S battery and ti was a rocket..

goal is to build it i the next two days..


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Bledi-DiaLFonZo Copter VTail HUNTER 400 CANOPY + Addons Innerbreed Multirotor Drone Talk 42 Sep 20, 2013 09:41 PM