Apr 01, 2016, 05:23 AM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Thread OP
In this video, the flight controller is a simple MultiWii 8bit which is enough for Acro flying.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 02, 2016, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyC1
Naze32 FC.
LOL - no, that was 8-bit goodness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialfonzo
In this video, the flight controller is a simple MultiWii 8bit which is enough for Acro flying.

Do you still have the motor/prop/battery combo for quadmovr's setup on that flight? I thought I did somewhere but can't find it!
Latest blog entry: FrSky Long Range!
Apr 02, 2016, 12:46 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SystemsGuy

Do you still have the motor/prop/battery combo for quadmovr's setup on that flight? I thought I did somewhere but can't find it!
The setup was done by Warthox originaly, i only supplied the frame. You can see the full setup at 2:16 HERE
Apr 04, 2016, 12:05 AM
so which one is the best open source software that support Vtail in your opinion?
Apr 04, 2016, 05:29 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by imperiuscici
so which one is the best open source software that support Vtail in your opinion?
All depend on what you want from a Flight Controller.
The Naze32 run a ported version of MultiWii to 32bit microcontroller and goes for about the same price so you can go for it.
Apr 04, 2016, 05:46 PM
Quote:
He asked how to make it fly like that, not what Warthox was using.
Apr 04, 2016, 06:20 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Thread OP
Quote:
- Practice -
Apr 04, 2016, 06:35 PM
Quote:
My point was that *any* of the modern acro controllers, as well as the older 8-bit controllers will make it fly like that. I'm flying a CC3D on mine at the moment with Baseflight. If I were going to buy a new controller, I'd probably opt for one of the new STM32F3's with SPI sensors. That's not going to make it fly "better" than an F1, but it will probably last longer if you want to keep running the latest and greatest firmware.

Quote:
- Practice -
Ain't that the truth - he has magic fingers!
Latest blog entry: FrSky Long Range!
Apr 04, 2016, 10:10 PM
Quote:
My point was that *any* of the modern acro controllers, as well as the older 8-bit controllers will make it fly like that. I'm flying a CC3D on mine at the moment with Baseflight. If I were going to buy a new controller, I'd probably opt for one of the new STM32F3's with SPI sensors. That's not going to make it fly "better" than an F1, but it will probably last longer if you want to keep running the latest and greatest firmware.

Ain't that the truth - he has magic fingers!
True. I think most of us get caught up in the latest and greatest hardware. My other quads (including a Vtail Mini) fly awesome with Flip32 FC's.

I just built a LS210 with a CC3D Atom, 1806, 12a escs, fpv gear and a d4rii I had laying around but I really hate CC3D so I ordered a Naze32 rev6 because it was a really good deal. I've only test flown it with the Atom in my kitchen and it hovers and pirouettes great but I can't add a ws2812 led, osd and a buzzer which is why I ordered the Naze32.

I still need to figure out what's wrong with my 400. I think I need to order new esc's.
Jun 29, 2016, 09:51 AM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Thread OP
Quote:
True. I think most of us get caught up in the latest and greatest hardware. My other quads (including a Vtail Mini) fly awesome with Flip32 FC's.

I just built a LS210 with a CC3D Atom, 1806, 12a escs, fpv gear and a d4rii I had laying around but I really hate CC3D so I ordered a Naze32 rev6 because it was a really good deal. I've only test flown it with the Atom in my kitchen and it hovers and pirouettes great but I can't add a ws2812 led, osd and a buzzer which is why I ordered the Naze32.

I still need to figure out what's wrong with my 400. I think I need to order new esc's.
It's been a while but have you been able to dial it ?
Jun 29, 2016, 09:04 PM
Quote:
It's been a while but have you been able to dial it ?
Nope. The deal on the Naze was a scam (and a user here). I filed a complaint on eBay and he refunded. I ended up pulling the Flip32 from the 400 for the LS210.

I read that the ESCs in my 400 can't run OneShot (or Active braking?) which is most likely what my problem was. I'll probably get to it in a few months. I haven't flown anything in a while. I hate when life gets in the way of my hobbies.
Jun 30, 2016, 05:43 AM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Thread OP
Quote:
I hate when life gets in the way of my hobbies.
That's happening for me all the time (lol)
Nov 15, 2016, 03:09 AM
I got side tracked and upgraded a few of my quads and built an XJ470 AP quad with a Naza M Lite upgraded to v2.

I ended up with an extra FC (Flip32 v5.0) and fiddled with my 400 again. I had to play with the esc settings for a few hours and finally got it to hover but it was really sluggish and oscillated way too much and that was the best it got. So it looks like the escs are crap and I ordered a set of Littlebees 20a Pro. The 2208 1400kv motors pull 17a so it should be ok. Hopefully I'll have another update in a couple of weeks.

I also ordered some DYS SE 1407 3600kv motors for my Mini Vtail so new arms won't be necessary.
Nov 15, 2016, 06:46 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Thread OP
Look awesome, let us know how it went.
Not much traffic here on the thread, wonder why.
Nov 23, 2018, 01:33 PM
Has this thread gone away?

Quick Reply