Apr 08, 2012, 11:02 AM
Multirotor Builder!!!!!
Still having a few wobble issues with the other 500mm V-tail. I switched all the props to 9 inch and it helped some. and I am still Messing with the PID settings. but it is amost gone. then will work on auto level and baro.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 08, 2012, 10:34 PM
Hey guys..

A bit of bad news :-( .. for the guys who frames shipped Saturday..

But I was just putting one together for myself.. and found out the new G10 supply is bigger.. 1.7mm thick.. The slots are 1.5mm ..

Does not seem like much .. but G10 is not easy to cut so.. few a few options for a fixes..

1. Send it back to me and I'll fix it..
2. get a set of files ( Testors make a set of 10 - about 10$-15$ at Hobby Lobby or Michaels.. Stores ) Testors Product Number 8941

They are in the model pain section where all the Testors paint are..

Sorry guys its something I over looked.. all previous batches where not a problem..
Apr 09, 2012, 12:44 PM
http://youtu.be/_MzReI-wyW0

Next.......................

Mike rchhb
Apr 09, 2012, 02:05 PM
Guys..

Just FYI..

I will cover shipping cost .. on this..

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyhigh300
Hey guys..

But I was just putting one together for myself.. and found out the new G10 supply is bigger.. 1.7mm thick.. The slots are 1.5mm ..

Does not seem like much .. but G10 is not easy to cut so.. few a few options for a fixes..

2. get a set of files ( Testors make a set of 10 - about 10$-15$ at Hobby Lobby or Michaels.. Stores ) Testors Product Number 8941

Sorry guys its something I over looked.. all previous batches where not a problem..
Apr 09, 2012, 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyhigh300
Hey guys..

Got mine today, thanks Luis. Almost have it put together, only had to do a little sanding to the slots, no big deal, maybe added 10 minutes total to build time.

Certainly not worth sending back, thanks guys for a nice looking frame. I'll post pictures later when I add the electronics.
Apr 09, 2012, 11:11 PM
How do you go balancing this thing for correct CG? Ive built up a Vtail and find that the flight battery has to go all the way up front. With this design the front arms bend back a little which pushes the main frame back a bit too and it looks like you would need the battery hanging a bit off the nose??
Apr 10, 2012, 02:27 AM
My frame arrived 1hr ago...missing one hole but something a drill cant fix

Thanks Eric and Luis....

Now if only the motor and ESC shop can deliver as fast as Eric and Luis. Too bad cant fly yet..
Apr 10, 2012, 02:32 AM
Frame build completed, looking at it, don't see alot of room to put the ESC in the frame (for anything > 12amps), so where are you guys mounting the ESCs?
Apr 10, 2012, 02:44 AM
Multirotor Builder!!!!!
I have my rear esc,s mounted in right under the motors and the front ones mounted right where the arms meet the center plate. On my 400mm I have the rear mounted inside right in front of the v tail, and front in the same place as the 500mm
Apr 10, 2012, 05:53 AM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stunt Double
How do you go balancing this thing for correct CG? Ive built up a Vtail and find that the flight battery has to go all the way up front. With this design the front arms bend back a little which pushes the main frame back a bit too and it looks like you would need the battery hanging a bit off the nose??
I don't understand.
The Front arm are not bending back.

There is more material up front than on the back.
The battery is more up front than back too.

How you guys have balance yours ?
I didn't got time to make mine yet...
Last edited by Dialfonzo; Apr 10, 2012 at 06:04 AM.
Apr 10, 2012, 06:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stunt Double
The CG is not a problem. It you look at a top view :

front motors and Fc are at 120° and there is enought distance from the front to the FC to put the battery.
the second reason is that the tail is lighter than a solution with aluminim so you can put battery back
Apr 10, 2012, 06:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialfonzo
I don't understand.
The Front arm are not bending back.

There is more material up front than on the back.
The battery is more up front than back too.

How you guys have balance yours ?
I didn't got time to make mine yet...
lol not enought faster !
Apr 10, 2012, 09:03 AM
Multirotor Builder!!!!!
well after busting a few props and lots of PID adjustments. I got the wobble gone. except on a fast decent which that is going to happen. but My 500mm frame is flying like a champ and I am loving it.
Apr 10, 2012, 09:08 AM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3wins
well after busting a few props and lots of PID adjustments. I got the wobble gone. except on a fast decent which that is going to happen. but My 500mm frame is flying like a champ and I am loving it.
cool... !
That's why we make frame.. to have fun..
Apr 10, 2012, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3wins
Great news. I think I am using the same motor and FC as you for the 500mm frame. Could you post your PID settings to save some of my props

Quick Reply