Thread Tools
Apr 05, 2012, 11:25 AM
Registered User
Bledi's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tres Wright
Kudos to you for your part in this cool design as well I'm not sure who did what to come up with the design and where credit is due, but it's great

Mine should be here in the next day or two, but I'm afraid it'll be a while before my ESCs get here from HK. I think it took 2 weeks last time and I ordered them last week. Oh well, I'll assemble the frame and admire it while waiting for the parts to arrive
It's easy the concept and the prototype (in this configuration) is my idea
The design is the master DialFonzo
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Apr 05, 2012, 11:27 AM
Multirotor Builder!!!!!
Well both of you came up with like the perfect frame. I find it alot More enjoyable to fly them my X mode quads and it has the cool look factor. You guys rock
Apr 05, 2012, 11:52 AM
Registered User
Rc Heli Halle's Avatar

Domes for you ?


Hi all,
maybe is the ARROW Dome something for your Quadrocopter.
If to Large. No deal I will make a shrunken Version to your needs.
All a Peacefull Eastern.
http://rchhbshop.jimdo.com/

And Watch the Video

Mike RCHHB
Apr 05, 2012, 12:37 PM
Registered User
Bledi's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rc Heli Halle
Hi all,
maybe is the ARROW Dome something for your Quadrocopter.
If to Large. No deal I will make a shrunken Version to your needs.
All a Peacefull Eastern.
http://rchhbshop.jimdo.com/

And Watch the Video

Mike RCHHB
Yes it looks to be a good idea. Why not trying ? Your design is really cool
Apr 05, 2012, 12:47 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Dialfonzo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bledi
Yes it looks to be a good idea. Why not trying ? Your design is really cool
Mouahaha..
Nouvelle image de Perso Bledi..!!!
Apr 05, 2012, 01:03 PM
Registered User
Bledi's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialfonzo
Mouahaha..
Nouvelle image de Perso Bledi..!!!
of course !
Apr 05, 2012, 01:47 PM
Live to ride... and fly!
Tres Wright's Avatar
Dialfonzo & Luis, I've noticed that you've done a cover plate for other designs that protects the FC like the one below. Would it be possible to offer a plate like that as a separate option for any frame that could fit over the FC on standoffs? It looks like the below plate is specific to that frame, but I was thinking it would be nice to have one with the same hole pattern as the FC rather than having holes beyond the FC like the below. Something like this would be great for protecting the FC without adding a bunch of weight. I've seen the delrin boxes that are being sold for FCs, but personally I'd rather have a plate in the same material and color as the frame Just a thought

Apr 05, 2012, 01:49 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Dialfonzo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tres Wright
Dialfonzo & Luis, I've noticed that you've done a cover plate for other designs that protects the FC like the one below. Would it be possible to offer a plate like that as a separate option for any frame that could fit over the FC on standoffs? It looks like the below plate is specific to that frame, but I was thinking it would be nice to have one with the same hole pattern as the FC rather than having holes beyond the FC like the below. Something like this would be great for protecting the FC without adding a bunch of weight. I've seen the delrin boxes that are being sold for FCs, but personally I'd rather have a plate in the same material and color as the frame Just a thought

Can't be the same hole pattern as the flight controller.. will not protect anything if you need to bolt it to the FC.

But Something could be made.

Right now there is a Cover on the way... so may be a better option ?
Apr 05, 2012, 01:50 PM
Registered User
Bledi's Avatar
+1 good idea
Apr 05, 2012, 01:51 PM
Agreed, the protection plate would be a nice optional item. Could mount it with an extra set of standoffs up from the board screws, although I think having it wider and using it's own holes is safer as it then doens't pressue the board on an impact and provides a but more width around it as well.
Apr 05, 2012, 01:52 PM
The ideal solution is a cover though since it protests from moisture as well. I hope to be working on a cover for the VTail if time permits. Either vacuum formed or possibly fiberglass molded depending on the weight and time/cost to make them.
Apr 05, 2012, 02:06 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Dialfonzo's Avatar

Flight Report --


Hi All,

Here is a little something to take a look

Test VTail DialFonzo BRAIN (2 min 53 sec)


This is Hunter VTail 400mm with T-Motors 2822 in 800kv with 4s battery
- Prototype MSH controller with the first battery pack on a VTail config -

Candy for the eyes...
Last edited by Dialfonzo; Apr 05, 2012 at 02:09 PM. Reason: 400mm ... not 500mm
Apr 05, 2012, 02:15 PM
Live to ride... and fly!
Tres Wright's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialfonzo
Can't be the same hole pattern as the flight controller.. will not protect anything if you need to bolt it to the FC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flitelab
Agreed, the protection plate would be a nice optional item. Could mount it with an extra set of standoffs up from the board screws, although I think having it wider and using it's own holes is safer as it then doens't pressue the board on an impact and provides a but more width around it as well.
Ah, yes I see what you guys are saying. I was mainly thinking it would keep the board components from touching anything in an inverted crash, but it would make more sense to cage around the whole board. I don't see any holes in the Hunter frame for the above board, but hey, I'm not afraid to drill them I'll check with Luis and see if he can cut one, I'll wait until he's past the big crunch on cutting & sending out Hunters though
Apr 05, 2012, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialfonzo
Hi All,

Here is a little something to take a look

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abGaY...ature=youtu.be

This is Hunter VTail 400mm with T-Motors 2822 in 800kv with 4s battery
- Prototype MSH controller with the first battery pack on a VTail config -

Candy for the eyes...
Amazing! Thing flips like nuts. What size props?
Apr 05, 2012, 02:32 PM
Registered User
Bledi's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialfonzo
Hi All,

Here is a little something to take a look

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abGaY...ature=youtu.be

This is Hunter VTail 400mm with T-Motors 2822 in 800kv with 4s battery
- Prototype MSH controller with the first battery pack on a VTail config -

Candy for the eyes...
Yahooooooooooooooooooooo


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Bledi-DiaLFonZo Copter VTail HUNTER 400 CANOPY + Addons Innerbreed Multirotor Drone Talk 42 Sep 20, 2013 09:41 PM