Hunter-Vtail 400&500 by DialFonzo & Bledi - Page 118 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Dec 19, 2012, 01:32 PM
"you'll play to live "
Alwayscrash's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmano
funny bit is i tried 100% Expo and still it is so fast.

1mm travel on the yaw stick = about 2 360 rotations per second.

i want to fly slow and smooth, i would like less than a quarter of my current yaw speed.

I am running similar to Bledi i think 880KV rear 1000KV front i assumed that may have had something to do with it.

my pitch and roll are beautifully smooth, and fast if i use all the stick.

My yaw is wooow not seen anything go that fast, not sure what would happen if i push the yaw stick all the way in one direction but i am not even brave enough to try it and see. its insane.

i am gonna follow AC's instructions and see what i get.

cheers oh great creator
Are you using same props for front & rear? i think it's better to use 8x for rear motors.If you wants to take off with tail first then use 10X, if not make it smaller.
AC
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Dec 19, 2012, 01:57 PM
"you'll play to live "
Alwayscrash's Avatar
Just want to share this:
For multiwii stock: upload this using arduino and setup per your liking.
Same thing for Quadrino FC.
notes:
If you're using Quadrino FC and had problems with I2c errors on gui then add this:
in in def.h " #define MS561101BA_ADDRESS 0x76 "
and also change in sensors from LOW to HIGH :
#if !defined(MS561101BA_ADDRESS)
//#define MS561101BA_ADDRESS 0x77 //CBR=0 0xEE I2C address when pin CSB is connected to LOW (GND)
#define MS561101BA_ADDRESS 0x76 //CBR=1 0xEC I2C address when pin CSB is connected to HIGH (VCC)
#endif
Important:
Don't forget to change all motors direction as seen on picture! Now you can fly your Vtail like a XQUAD.

Special thanks to Kipkool, Bledi and p25o1 for all your help.
Happy flying
AC
Dec 19, 2012, 02:13 PM
New to Multi rotors
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayscrash
Are you using same props for front & rear? i think it's better to use 8x for rear motors.If you wants to take off with tail first then use 10X, if not make it smaller.
AC
I have 10 all round and takes off perfect i think, will do a test later and see.
Dec 19, 2012, 02:14 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Dialfonzo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmano
I have 10 all round and takes off perfect i think, will do a test later and see.
As i said.. you can lower the Rate too.
That's a multiplicator of your input
Dec 19, 2012, 05:19 PM
Some call me the other guy!
DoctorAudio's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayscrash
As soon as I'm going deeper and using brain, also with lot of help from RCG community, specially from you .
AC
Awesome!
also you can change the address in the sensor tab too!
Dec 19, 2012, 06:34 PM
New to Multi rotors
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialfonzo
As i said.. you can lower the Rate too.
That's a multiplicator of your input
ooohh you were right the first time with expo , so glad you made me second guess myself.

so much for my 110% sure more like -110%

my expo graph reads backwards on this transmitter compared to all my others, never noticed that until now.

i just glanced at the screen and set as i normally would.

now i feel like a right numpty, but a happy one
Dec 19, 2012, 06:48 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Dialfonzo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmano
ooohh you were right the first time with expo , so glad you made me second guess myself.

so much for my 110% sure more like -110%

my expo graph reads backwards on this transmitter compared to all my others, never noticed that until now.

i just glanced at the screen and set as i normally would.

now i feel like a right numpty, but a happy one
It happen to me all the time, that's why I told you.
On JR radio it's cumfusing.

Normal I takeoff and test both way... Lol
Dec 20, 2012, 12:06 AM
Registered User
on the topic of Center of gravity, ive got my quad all built and ready for programming. Even with everything as far forward as possible i cant get it to balance on the Flight Controllers center axis... unless I hang my 4s batt about 1.5 inches out the front which im not a fan of, Just want to confirm the FC center is the actual COG.... if it is ill add a little weight because these motors wont complain lol. As of now it balances on the two rearward screws that mount my cc3d on.
Dec 20, 2012, 12:08 AM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Dialfonzo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliott000
on the topic of Center of gravity, ive got my quad all built and ready for programming. Even with everything as far forward as possible i cant get it to balance on the Flight Controllers center axis... unless I hang my 4s batt about 1.5 inches out the front which im not a fan of, Just want to confirm the FC center is the actual COG.... if it is ill add a little weight because these motors wont complain lol. As of now it balances on the two rearward screws that mount my cc3d on.
COG is not a real issue.
Just fly unbalanced
Dec 20, 2012, 12:10 AM
Custom quad builder
tech69x's Avatar
Please keep us posted on how the cc3d does on the v-tail
Dec 20, 2012, 02:52 AM
Registered User
Will do. So far cc3d, my A9, and ezuhf ppm arent talking right on channels so i havent got anything done yet, tomorrow i try again. Good thing the family left town lol i have tonnes of free tome now
Dec 20, 2012, 06:04 AM
Registered User
Freakazoid's Avatar
I keep seeing pictures pop up of a 2 color version, anywhere I could buy one of those (as a European)?
Dec 20, 2012, 07:08 AM
New to Multi rotors
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakazoid
I keep seeing pictures pop up of a 2 color version, anywhere I could buy one of those (as a European)?
I got mine from the drone shop (red and black for me)

Links on page 1

=============== France ================

400mm Version (8" prop)
500mm Version (10" prop)
-------------------------------------------------------

http://vizionair.fr/droneshop/fr/dro...ail-500mm.html
Last edited by rcmano; Dec 20, 2012 at 12:32 PM.
Dec 20, 2012, 07:29 PM
Registered User
Freakazoid's Avatar
That french shop is a bit of a rip, 134 dollars for the big one, its only 105 dollars according to the prices in first post.
It would be 10 bucks cheaper to just import and risk customs charges myself. :')

I wonder if Dialfonzo does direct orders, I kinda wanted a neon green/black version.
Dec 20, 2012, 08:32 PM
Registered User
I dealt with eric directly... Keepin it local canada style lol


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Bledi-DiaLFonZo Copter VTail HUNTER 400 CANOPY + Addons Innerbreed Multirotor Drone Talk 42 Sep 20, 2013 10:41 PM