Hunter-Vtail 400&500 by DialFonzo & Bledi - Page 100 - RC Groups
Oct 29, 2012, 07:03 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Making a tricopter version is behind my head too.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 30, 2012, 02:15 PM
Hi,
I just have setup my 500mm frame with a rabbit board, and setting Y4. Unfortunately it doesn't start hovering as it rotates on itself. Something wrong on my settings or mounting . Here below the settings:

`thanks
Oct 30, 2012, 02:19 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Quote:
Originally Posted by JiGe
Hi,
I just have setup my 500mm frame with a rabbit board, and setting Y4. Unfortunately it doesn't start hovering as it rotates on itself. Something wrong on my settings or mounting . Here below the settings:

`thanks
Tu as vérifié la direction du moteur aussi ?
Pas seulement les helices.
Oct 30, 2012, 04:38 PM
Oui - yes -
Last edited by JiGe; Oct 30, 2012 at 05:13 PM.
Oct 30, 2012, 04:58 PM
Oups - motor 0 plugged instead of motor 2
front motors: Rctimer 2212/13 kv 1000
Vtail motors: RCtimer 2830/13 kv 850
propellers: GF 10x4.5 front and rear
I'll test tomorrow. Should I downsize the rear props?
Oct 30, 2012, 05:09 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Quote:
Oups - motor 0 plugged instead of motor 2
front motors: Rctimer 2212/13 kv 1000
Vtail motors: RCtimer 2830/13 kv 850
propellers: GF 10x4.5 front and rear
I'll test tomorrow. Should I downsize the rear props?
Yes that can make funny flight.
As for prop i have no enough background to say
Oct 30, 2012, 05:17 PM
I just have a flight in my garage (4x2 meters !) It flies but not very stable, it oscillates in all directions, it seems having too much gain.
I has to be tuned!
Oct 30, 2012, 08:26 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Quote:
I just have a flight in my garage (4x2 meters !) It flies but not very stable, it oscillates in all directions, it seems having too much gain.
I has to be tuned!
At least it lift off the ground..

I cut a VTail tonight, it was a long time since i had cut one.
Changed the drawing to include kind of "DogBone" in each slot.

Make life easier to assemble since the tolerances can be better.

Oct 31, 2012, 02:28 PM
Well, since I'm of "sick" this afternoon, I thought I'd try the new 11" props that came in the mail. Didn't get too far, since the front two motors CAUGHT ON FIRE. Ugh.

I had originally only attached the motors with 2 screws, thought I'd beef it up with the other 2, except the new ones were too long and shorted out the windings. Good news I think the ESCs are ok.

Sooooooo...... 2 more motors on order and I'll spend my free time wishing I had a CNC router like above. Thinking about it.

On a side note: turns out my previous vibration issues might have been from the crappy prop adapters that came with the motors. I got some new ones and they actually slide all the way down to entire shaft. When I pulled the old ones off, turns out they weren't on very far, could be because they were painted.
Oct 31, 2012, 02:30 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifraf
Well, since I'm of "sick" this afternoon, I thought I'd try the new 11" props that came in the mail. Didn't get too far, since the front two motors CAUGHT ON FIRE. Ugh.

I had originally only attached the motors with 2 screws, thought I'd beef it up with the other 2, except the new ones were too long and shorted out the windings. Good news I think the ESCs are ok.

Sooooooo...... 2 more motors on order and I'll spend my free time wishing I had a CNC router like above. Thinking about it.

On a side note: turns out my previous vibration issues might have been from the crappy prop adapters that came with the motors. I got some new ones and they actually slide all the way down to entire shaft. When I pulled the old ones off, turns out they weren't on very far, could be because they were painted.
Wow...
When something wrong can happen... it does..
Nov 02, 2012, 02:03 PM

mwc quad // hunter vtail 400 (2 min 19 sec)
Nov 02, 2012, 02:11 PM
kad
kad
Quad Crasher
Quote:
Originally Posted by warthox

[Video Link removed]
Damn Warthox... Once again, the man we all want to be able to fly like! Loved that "kiss the ground" maneuver around 1:48.

-K
Nov 02, 2012, 02:22 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Very nice..
You pushed the beast and i like that.
Nov 02, 2012, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warthox
Badassss, flying looked really smooth with that vtail, more flow than normal if that's possible!?
Nov 02, 2012, 06:27 PM
awesome flying worthox... the vtail looks so smooth , and I would love to this thing with fpv .....good job !
Terry..