Mar 27, 2012, 11:56 AM
Discussion

Need help setting up stryker with dx6i.

I'm having a problem setting up the um stryker. After binding it everything worked except one elevon. After reading closer the instructions specify if using a dx6i you must reverse the leads on the transmitter and it shows you a little diagram showing which two need to be reversed. No big deal. After doing it now both elevons work, but only as ailerons with no elevator function at all. I am a newbie at this and wont be flying the styker for a few months but I still want to set it up.On the transmitter I set the function to delta wing and still no change. Anyone have any ideas ? Thank you.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 27, 2012, 04:42 PM
Hot glue held together by foam
Quote:
Originally Posted by John S.
I'm having a problem setting up the um stryker. After binding it everything worked except one elevon. After reading closer the instructions specify if using a dx6i you must reverse the leads on the transmitter and it shows you a little diagram showing which two need to be reversed. No big deal. After doing it now both elevons work, but only as ailerons with no elevator function at all. I am a newbie at this and wont be flying the styker for a few months but I still want to set it up.On the transmitter I set the function to delta wing and still no change. Anyone have any ideas ? Thank you.
Hi , I also have a dx6i and fly planes with elevons , so I might be able to help you .
A couple of questions: When you say reversing leads on transmitter , do you mean receiver ? When you say you set the transmitter function to delta wing , do you mean elevon ? On my dx6i under wing/tail mix I have three choices - dual aileron , v-tail or elevon . Do the rudders work properly ( on the left stick ) ? I took a quick look at the manual for the um stryker and it also says to reverse the aileron channel if using a dx6i . Have you done that ?
Mar 27, 2012, 05:08 PM
When you say reversing leads on transmitter , do you mean receiver

Yes. My fault.

When you say you set the transmitter function to delta wing , do you mean elevon

Yes.

Do the rudders work properly

Yes. The rudders work as they should. But I either get 1 eleveon that doesnt work or I get the elevons only acting as ailerons.
I took a quick look at the manual for the um stryker and it also says to reverse the aileron channel if using a dx6i

Thats what I thought reversing the leads was doing ?
And thanks for the reply. I appreciate the help.
Mar 27, 2012, 05:33 PM
To reverse the aileron channel go to set up list , then go to reverse , then go to aileron . It should say " N " , if so , switch that to " R " . Let me know if that works . By the way , you said you're a newbie at this , so I'm wondering if you have any aileron experience . A Stryker can be a handful if you're learning to fly ailerons with it ( fast , small and no self righting ) . I learned ailerons on this https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=981793 plane about a year ago - very easy to make , but you can get it in a kit also
http://www.fancyfoam.com/index.php?m...ex&cPath=12_17 . It can fly slowly and can take the occasional rough landing . Here's the first one I made
Homemade PBF ( Pizza Box Flyer ) 3D RC plane. (1 min 15 sec)
Last edited by balsa or carbon; Mar 27, 2012 at 06:09 PM.
Mar 27, 2012, 06:02 PM
Rocket Programmer
You have to activate elevon mixing, or the right elevon will get no signal. That's the state you're in now.

In your "wing type" menu - pick "Delta"
Mar 27, 2012, 06:42 PM
reverse the aileron channel go to set up list , then go to reverse , then go to aileron . It should say " N " , if so , switch that to " R

That was it. Thank you very much. I'm not going to fly the stryker yet. I know I'm not ready for it. I learned on the champ and for the last few weeks have been flying the um t-28 as my first aileron plane. Its alot of fun and much more challenging than the champ. I also have a skytrainer cessna, a parkflyers jump jet, an F6F hellcat, a cermark fantasy flyer, a beast, an sbach 342 and a s5e biplane. I havent flown any of them yet. I think the cessna is next after I find a place big enough to fly it. My wife thinks I'm insane with all these planes. She could be right. I am hooked. Thanks again for the help.
Mar 27, 2012, 07:12 PM
I'm glad that worked ! I know what you mean about your wife thinking you're insane - my wife thinks I'm obsessed , 'cause I AM! She never saw me fly until recently , but now she really enjoys coming out to watch my friends and I fly , especially the really fast one ( a 100 MPH Stryker clone called SkyFun ) and the night flying planes with LED lights on them .