Lumenier RB2205C-12 2400KV SKITZO Ceramic Bearing Motor
Old Mar 28, 2012, 05:04 PM
Find More Posts by photronix
Al Ducharme
I have an order going in to them. I'll buy one.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 28, 2012, 05:09 PM
Find More Posts by SebastianJ
Droner
Quote:
Originally Posted by milo12 View Post
Excellent discussion, thanks for the effort.

Are these Flytron esc's legit? They claim Simon firmware.

http://www.flytron.com/multicopter-p...t-pwm-esc.html
Melih is a standup guy, if he says they're SimonK FW then they are.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 05:18 PM
Find More Posts by Arxangel
Quote:
Originally Posted by photronix View Post
I have an order going in to them. I'll buy one.
Good, I am really looking forward to this review. I am still deciding what ESCs to get for my octo.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 08:00 PM
Find More Posts by timecop
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arxangel View Post
Good, I am really looking forward to this review. I am still deciding what ESCs to get for my octo.
why would you use a helicopter esc in a multirotor?
Old Mar 28, 2012, 08:54 PM
Find More Posts by ~>Miha<~
Quote:
Originally Posted by timecop View Post
At least from a linguistical point of view using a helicopter ESC in a multicopter seems more logical than using an airplane ESC, isn't it?
Old Mar 28, 2012, 10:27 PM
Find More Posts by jesolins
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
M,
Semantics are problematic But as I'm sure you know, and to keep the newbs who read this stuff straight, or at least slightly less confused...multicopters are a different animal need linear responsiveness, no throttle curve, high update rates, no governor or smoothing or LVC for the best performance. ESCs designed for specifically for Helis are bad ju-ju for multicopter performance.
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~>Miha<~ View Post
At least from a linguistical point of view using a helicopter ESC in a multicopter seems more logical than using an airplane ESC, isn't it?
Last edited by jesolins; Mar 29, 2012 at 09:20 AM.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 10:35 PM
Find More Posts by Erknie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arxangel View Post
@photronix

Hi, and think you for the insightful data that you provide. I would really like to see a test of the new Turnigy HeliDrive ESCs that recently became available at HobbyKing (there are also versions with 80A, 100A, and 120A). They appear to be a serious piece of ESC but it will be best if someone, that knows what he is doing, can test it.
Don't bother, they are inappropriate for a multi-copter.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 10:55 PM
Find More Posts by askman
Destroyer of G-10
Heli requires good governor mode. Which is contant rpm at various power loading. Multi requirement is totally different.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 11:02 PM
Find More Posts by SGsoar
my new ESC's...

Old Mar 29, 2012, 03:32 AM
Find More Posts by Arxangel
Quote:
Originally Posted by timecop View Post
Well I have limited knowledge of electronics, and signals and PMW and whatever else everyone talks about, so I don't see a difference from one ESC to the next. That is why I depend on good and educated people like you advise what will work and what will not.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 11:14 AM
Al Ducharme

More test results

I have just completed two additional tests.

The first is a simple ramp up in throttle slowly to measure the RPM to Pulse Width values.

The second is a fast step up from about 5000 RPM to 6000 RPM.

I do not see any difference in the performance. Maybe a different test pair would yield different results. Suggest two models to test and I will repeat the test.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 11:23 AM
Find More Posts by pug398
May I ask which Turnigy you are using, Atmel or SIL based?

They change things around every so often

Quote:

The first is a simple ramp up in throttle slowly to measure the RPM to Pulse Width values.

I do not see any difference in the performance. Maybe a different test pair would yield different results. Suggest two models to test and I will repeat the test.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 11:36 AM
Al Ducharme
Quote:
Originally Posted by pug398 View Post
May I ask which Turnigy you are using, Atmel or SIL based?

They change things around every so often
Atmel (Can't reflash SIL as far as I know)

They are Turnigy Plush 25A
Old Mar 29, 2012, 11:46 AM
Find More Posts by jesolins
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
Al,
Hmmmm....Perhaps a test with higher resolution would show the RPM tracking accuracy a bit better as was done here: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...5&postcount=21

Also another good test would be looking at the ramp up and accuracy in the hover throttle range that we use for multicopters which is more in the 50% to 75% range of the ESC . A processor controlled test similar to the way Old Man Mike tests motors using a programmed WQF, or as he calls it wobble modulation, would make the tests repeatable: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1006721

Cheers,
Jim

Quote:

Old Mar 29, 2012, 12:06 PM
Al Ducharme
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins View Post
Al,
Hmmmm....Perhaps a test with higher resolution would show the RPM tracking accuracy a bit better as was done here: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...5&postcount=21

Also another good test would be looking at the ramp up and accuracy in the hover throttle range that we use for multicopters which is more in the 50% to 75% range of the ESC . A processor controlled test similar to the way Old Man Mike tests motors using a programmed WQF, or as he calls it wobble modulation, would make the tests repeatable: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1006721

Cheers,
Jim
No I think the resolution is adequate. The measurement is highly repeatable.

The test was in the 50% hover range.