Old Mar 25, 2012, 03:27 AM
Find More Posts by ankurkaul17
www.allthatido.com
Discussion

Build Log - TB 20 Electric airplane

Hi everyone

I will be documenting my TB-20 build in this thread. I will try to be as extensive as possible during the process. This ARF kit is available at RC Bazaar.

This is my first ARF build. Following are the specs :

Length: 784mm
Wing Span: 1045mm
Flying Weight:630g

Buying this kit from RCB was a fantastic experience. This is how the plane arrived. it was double box packed for transit.
Last edited by ankurkaul17; Mar 25, 2012 at 03:30 AM. Reason: adding pics
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 25, 2012, 03:32 AM
www.allthatido.com
The setup I intend to use with this plane :

Lipo : turnigy nano tech 1000 mah or rhino 1050 mah
ESC : 25 amp turnigy basic
Motor : Emax CF 2822
Servos : 3 x hobbyking HKSCM9 servos
Prop : GWS RD 9x4.7
Old Mar 25, 2012, 03:40 AM
www.allthatido.com
The kit quality is pretty descent for the price. Except for a few scratches here and there the kit was in perfect shape. The following points are observed :
  • There is enough space inside the fuse to house your receivers and servos. (have to keep in mind to avoid the pushrod though).
  • The battery compartment,which is hard plastic, can fit snugly 1000 mah lipos (may have to cut foam and/or plastic to route cables though).
  • Battery hatch locking system needs to be strengthened (I don't trust the current system...is flimsy).
  • The firewall may need little coat of epoxy for strength...feels tad week.
  • All the mounting points (wing and elevator) on the fuse need to be strengthened with epoxy.
  • Spinner is disastrous and utterly useless.
  • The cowl is very thin and flimsy.
  • The hinges on the wings, elevator and rudder are pretty stiff. Need to loosen them up but be careful not to break them..just tape them as a precaution.
  • The wings are strong with carbon fiber rods in them. The plastic wing tip helps.
  • Landing gear is good.
  • Motor mount good.