Thread Tools
Mar 24, 2012, 04:51 PM
Out of Time
Discussion

Conservatives Understand Liberals, but Liberals Don't Understand Conservatives


Links presented without comment, and no comment is needed.

Both offer research and books on the thread title, and both go a long way to explain what goes on here in LTUP and elsewhere in society.

Link 1: http://ricochet.com/main-feed/Conser...-Conservatives

Link 2: http://www.press.uchicago.edu/Misc/Chicago/467716.html
Mar 24, 2012, 05:59 PM
Chillin till SEFF
bildo baggins's Avatar
I most certainly do understand liberals. I also understand conservatives. i hate it when you understanders make claims of not understanding. I am a rabid understander
Mar 24, 2012, 06:11 PM
Chillin till SEFF
bildo baggins's Avatar
If I wanna determine who is the liberal in an argument, i usually look for the first occurrence of the words "so you think". that's usually my first indicator
Mar 24, 2012, 06:16 PM
Senior Member
umm.... self-described conservatives quoted in both links? I'm not persuaded, sorry HF.
Mar 24, 2012, 06:20 PM
Chillin till SEFF
bildo baggins's Avatar
Did you not understand what they said?
Mar 24, 2012, 06:22 PM
Registered User
Actually, it's quite obvious that liberals understand conservatives more than vice-versa:

Liberals think that conservatives (in general) are anti-abortion, anti-woman and anti-minority. All of which is true of most (not all) of them.

Conservatives think liberals are Communists, despite the fact most despise Communism.

QED
Mar 24, 2012, 06:23 PM
Senior Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by bildo baggins
Did you not understand what they said?

well, what they said, yes.... what they might have been thinking, not so certain
Mar 24, 2012, 06:48 PM
Tu ne cede malis
MtnGoat's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob HSG
Actually, it's quite obvious that liberals understand conservatives more than vice-versa:

Liberals think that conservatives (in general) are anti-abortion, anti-woman and anti-minority. All of which is true of most (not all) of them.

Conservatives think liberals are Communists, despite the fact most despise Communism.

QED
Sure, these things are 'true' from a liberal's relativistic viewpoint, because for them social order and power flows from the State, not individuals. Thus if you do not support the State coercing individuals on what some want for woman, well obviously you are anti woman. The same for minorities.

It's curious to despise communism while making the social and economic arguments rooted in it.
Mar 24, 2012, 06:53 PM
Starring as Devils Advocate
redhotpearl's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGoat
Sure, these things are 'true' from a liberal's relativistic viewpoint, because for them social order and power flows from the State, not individuals. Thus if you do not support the State coercing individuals on what some want for woman, well obviously you are anti woman. The same for minorities.

It's curious to despise communism while making the social and economic arguments rooted in it.
What's curious is that some need to label people and name call names because they don't fit into a black and white political framework. Very curious...the us vs. them attitude here and in this country is a joke. The people that believe it are a joke and those that teach it are the true evil in this country. Turn off the Fox News and MSNbc people...
Mar 24, 2012, 06:54 PM
Chillin till SEFF
bildo baggins's Avatar
Well MSNBC anyway

Cause FOX is equal time
Mar 24, 2012, 06:58 PM
Starring as Devils Advocate
redhotpearl's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bildo baggins
Well MSNBC anyway

Cause FOX is equal time
See case in point, thanks for proving my point, you can't even open your eyes to see that there is no way in Hell that Fox is fair and balanced. You can't even entertain the thought because of the blinders. Whew... Difference between John Steward and Fox is Steward admits he has a bias.
Jon Stewart Vs. Chris Wallace On Fox Bias (CQB 241) (14 min 57 sec)
Mar 24, 2012, 06:58 PM
BE77 Pilot's Avatar
I must admit I have a hard time understanding how liberals think the way they do. But then again I tend to think logically and do not generally let emotion and 'feelings' play a role in my decision making process.
Mar 24, 2012, 07:28 PM
Chillin till SEFF
bildo baggins's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhotpearl
See case in point, thanks for proving my point, you can't even open your eyes to see that there is no way in Hell that Fox is fair and balanced. You can't even entertain the thought because of the blinders. Whew... Difference between John Steward and Fox is Steward admits he has a bias.

Yep, I'm a goofy rube that takes everything FOX says as the Gospel
Mar 24, 2012, 07:45 PM
Out of Time
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhotpearl
See case in point..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob HSG
Actually, it's quite obvious that liberals understand conservatives more than vice-versa:

Liberals think that conservatives (in general) are anti-abortion, anti-woman and anti-minority. All of which is true of most (not all) of them.

Conservatives think liberals are Communists, despite the fact most despise Communism.

QED
No, THERE'S your "case in point" following right after your declaration of "case in point".
Mar 24, 2012, 07:56 PM
Chillin till SEFF
bildo baggins's Avatar
Scary how some believe in the polarized positions of others


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Joke Origin of Liberals and Conservatives Marvinwc Humor 11 Apr 17, 2012 10:05 PM
Discussion Don't understand something LouP73 Electric Heli Talk 21 Jan 12, 2012 10:14 PM
Discussion Democrats, what don't they understand jumpinjo Life, The Universe, and Politics 20 Dec 14, 2011 10:35 AM
I Don't Understand II TheEdge Site Suggestions / Complaints 16 Nov 29, 2011 10:27 AM
Discussion I don't understand any of this stuff panhndl Power Systems 12 Sep 11, 2011 08:20 AM