Mar 24, 2012, 12:34 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Which would you buy and why

Own a parkzone Wildcat and a Mustang as well as a UM Mosquito, have the fever bad and want(need) a P47 or a Corsair in the hangar. Fly mostly hand launch/ belly land in a pasture near my house. Thanks for your feedback
to remove ads between posts
Mar 24, 2012, 01:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoubengal
Own a parkzone Wildcat and a Mustang as well as a UM Mosquito, have the fever bad and want(need) a P47 or a Corsair in the hangar. Fly mostly hand launch/ belly land in a pasture near my house. Thanks for your feedback
Check out the Great Planes combat corsair and the P-47, i have owned both and they fly very well, look fantastic, and are quite solidly constructed.
Be aware though, both have a much higher wingloading than the Parkzone planes and they need a decent launch to get them underway, they also use a little more sky than the foamies. Once you get used to this fact they are lots of fun and have a precence in the air that the Parkzone planes (as good as they are) just can't match.
Mar 24, 2012, 03:18 AM

Parkzone Corsair is a good choice too

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoubengal
The Parkzone Corsair would also be a good choice. I have one that I have had for three years. It has good power in stock form. Hand launches well, is easy to fly, and glides very well for landings. If you want more speed, upgrade to a Power 10 or equivalent motor.

Just my 0.02.
Mar 25, 2012, 12:33 PM
Thread OP
Thanks guys leaning towards the PZ Corsair
Mar 25, 2012, 12:45 PM
Suspended Account
Yep Power 25 1250kv on 4s with clipped wings and you can have a Reno racer
Mar 25, 2012, 12:49 PM
Airplanes at a higher wing loading compel the pilot to fly at higher throttle settings and speeds. The foam planes are more lightly loaded and more tolerant with stalling and you have a more flexible speed envelope.
Took out my Pz Wildcat yesterday after parking it 9 months ago and rediscovered what an honest little airplane it is, great flyer.
Mar 25, 2012, 01:07 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnats82
Airplanes at a higher wing loading compel the pilot to fly at higher throttle settings and speeds. The foam planes are more lightly loaded and more tolerant with stalling and you have a more flexible speed envelope.
Took out my Pz Wildcat yesterday after parking it 9 months ago and rediscovered what an honest little airplane it is, great flyer.
Gnats have to agree perfect morning here low winds clear blue sky, flew the Mustang and the Wildcat each 3 times. The Wildcat doing Cuban 8's in the morning sky is just awesome

Quick Reply