This thread is privately moderated by Fred Sanford, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 23, 2012, 07:29 PM
Thread OP
Gallery

"Sorta Sikorsky" Version II

I've had so much fun with my Sorta Sikorsky with Slow Stick flying surfaces I decided to build another one but with some refinements. This is the result. I've completed flight tests and will now give it my "woodie" treatment with wood grain vinyl contact paper from Ace Hardware.
Version II has a Parkzone Super Cub molded wing, TowerPro motor & ESC, and a slimmer hull with longer sponsons. It tolerates breeze much better than the original. Battery is in the hull which lowers the C of G.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 23, 2012, 09:26 PM
Epoxy, CA, or Duct tape?
Takes on and off the water right? Do you have a video of it flying?
Mar 23, 2012, 09:46 PM
Thread OP
Takes off the water just fine. The plane is a good performer. Does not go vertical however. Haven't done videos, too busy building and flying. Maybe later.
Mar 24, 2012, 04:13 AM
Sometimes it work some don't
Great job! Did you opened a dedicated building thread for this one? I would like to try it out.
Thank you.
Mar 24, 2012, 07:33 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCSquale
Great job! Did you opened a dedicated building thread for this one? I would like to try it out.
Thank you.
No thread but I'll post some pictures in a few weeks. It's pretty much "eyeball" engineering with a few critical dimensions,
Mar 24, 2012, 10:31 PM
Sometimes it work some don't
Great. Thanks

Quick Reply