This thread is privately moderated by SkyCadet, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 07:29 PM
Find More Posts by SkyCadet
Segelfliegen bedeutet Freiheit
Discussion

Cowling....DONE!!!

I finished the cowling today! I used graphite epoxy to stiffen the backside of the faux-engine parts and then used semi-gloss white/black paint to make a steel grey mix applied with a toothpick into the grooves on the faux-cylinder heads and mounts. Just enough to look like an engine, but not so much that it looks too "new"

I also blackened the firewall and seams where the cowling and battery cover sit, as well as the battery cover where it has black on the topside. Makes a cleaner look to the model!

See pictures below. Now, onto finishing the wings and wires, and then battery system!

Almost ready!!!

SkyCadet
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by SkyCadet; Mar 28, 2012 at 07:22 PM.
to remove ads between posts