Finished the build finally
hovering motor on channel 6th (FLAP)of my JR9X2,designed to turn off once airborned
ran the craft on the ground this afternoon with 11.1v 1300mah lipo,it goes so fast like a ......mouse
will post vid soon
thanks again to Mr.BALSA 0R CARBON for the nice insperations
The video - I love how he lands it way down the street , and then taxis back in hover mode !
1) lighter is better - don't get fancy if fancy means unnecessary weight.
2) having said that, I hot melt glue and light packing tape to attach 8" bamboo skewers on the three front leading edges and in the valleys at the point. Six total. It really helps when you augur in. I do that a lot... I'm still in the running for RCgroup's suckiest pilot.
3) don't make too much dihedral... Al says "8 inches". That's about the max.
4) put the rudder control on ailerons... OR I prefer to use delta-mixing on my computer xmtr. That improved my flying in one swell foop.
5) WATCH THE CG... although I have been flying with it a bit further back than Al recommends. Do the glide testing to find a good point for your CG before you power it.
6) Personally I have had a lot more luck with holding the leading edge of the wing and launching it like a frisbee, rather than a javelin toss. However, I can see how that might vary from person to person.
7) DON'T use 100% throttle to launch. I found that 60% was good for my plane, motor, ESC, battery combo. 70% for the heavier beasts.
8) build in a little up elevator... 3/8 to 1/2" has worked for me.
etc... if you want more hints, I have more... I learned em the hard way... nose first into the dirt.
9) be ready to laugh at yourself...
Ad Astra, by digging a tunnel through the earth, one nose divot at a time.
|Category||Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Discussion||Dollar tree foamboard?||hayabusa||Foamies (Scratchbuilt)||457||Dec 08, 2014 01:12 AM|
|Discussion||Bulk Readi-Board (Dollar Tree foamboard) shipped directly to you?||ExperimentalAir||Foamies (Scratchbuilt)||15||Feb 05, 2012 01:38 PM|
|Question||Ways to strengthen Dollar Tree foamboard.||bass3587||Foamies (Scratchbuilt)||42||Feb 05, 2012 07:17 AM|
|Discussion||Bulk Readi-Board (Dollar Tree foamboard) shipped directly to you?||ExperimentalAir||Foamies (Scratchbuilt)||4||Oct 28, 2011 11:41 AM|
|Mini-HowTo||GET THE PAPER OFF!! calling all fellow dollar tree/elmers foamboard users||justwanttofly||Foamies (Scratchbuilt)||11||Sep 27, 2008 11:22 AM|