New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Mar 22, 2012, 12:31 PM
moombe is offline
Find More Posts by moombe
Registered User
Question

DJI F550 frame and Quadframe's 155mm landing legs


I plan on using Quadframe's 155mm landing legs together with Quadframe's Gopro 2-axis gimbal on my DJI F550.
What I want to avoid is drilling holes into the lower plate of the F550 in order to hook the landing gear. I'm looking for a solution which
  1. does not require drilling holes in the F550
  2. allows to easily remove the landing gear so the F550 can be put in a flight case for transportation

Would you have any suggestion ?

Thanks !
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 27, 2012, 06:28 AM
soylentrg is offline
Find More Posts by soylentrg
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by moombe View Post
I plan on using Quadframe's 155mm landing legs together with Quadframe's Gopro 2-axis gimbal on my DJI F550.
What I want to avoid is drilling holes into the lower plate of the F550 in order to hook the landing gear. I'm looking for a solution which
  1. does not require drilling holes in the F550
  2. allows to easily remove the landing gear so the F550 can be put in a flight case for transportation

Would you have any suggestion ?

Thanks !
Hi there,

I'm designing a set of legs for the F550 to work with our gopro gimbal. Are you interested?

Thanks
Rob
Director/Owner Aeroxcraft
http://www.aeroxcraft.com
Old Mar 27, 2012, 08:25 AM
moombe is offline
Find More Posts by moombe
Registered User
It would depend how long you plan before releasing your legs and if you find a way to mount the legs on the F550 without having to drill holes in the bottom plate. If drilling is needed than I wouldn't see any advantage versus the quadframe legs and gopro mount.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 09:02 AM
MCrites is offline
Find More Posts by MCrites
I never finish anyth
Quote:
Originally Posted by soylentrg View Post
Hi there,

I'm designing a set of legs for the F550 to work with our gopro gimbal. Are you interested?
I am interested in a few gimbals (yours being one) and would like to see the final product. Will be buying prob within 30 days
Old Mar 27, 2012, 09:09 AM
Jakub J is offline
Find More Posts by Jakub J
Jakub J's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by moombe View Post
...
Would you have any suggestion ?
I have one - wait a few days

Jakub
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 27, 2012, 10:11 AM
moombe is offline
Find More Posts by moombe
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakub J View Post
I have one - wait a few days

Jakub
Jakub,

in a few days you'll have a surprise allowing to hook your 155mm landing legs to a F550 bottom plate without having to drill in the plate ? If so, hell yes I'm going to wait a few days
Old Mar 27, 2012, 10:57 AM
soylentrg is offline
Find More Posts by soylentrg
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by moombe View Post
It would depend how long you plan before releasing your legs and if you find a way to mount the legs on the F550 without having to drill holes in the bottom plate. If drilling is needed than I wouldn't see any advantage versus the quadframe legs and gopro mount.
Theres no drilling involved. This is a custom design specifically for the F550. The legs are similar to the ones on our Quad-670, allowing the camera to be position far forward on rails, counter balanced by the batteries.

It will be available within the next 10 days.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 12:01 PM
littledog is offline
Find More Posts by littledog
Registered User
Look interesting. Please share to us soon
Old Mar 27, 2012, 12:47 PM
Jakub J is offline
Find More Posts by Jakub J
Jakub J's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by moombe View Post
Jakub,

in a few days you'll have a surprise allowing to hook your 155mm landing legs to a F550 bottom plate without having to drill in the plate ? If so, hell yes I'm going to wait a few days
Yes, I'm just waiting for parcel with all DJI frames...

q
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 27, 2012, 01:49 PM
jasper7821 is offline
Find More Posts by jasper7821
Registered User
I would like to buy the legs also, and the gimbal for the GoPro (or one for a Sony Nex5n if I can get my Nikon D5100 sold.)
Would buy pretty much immediately if there's fluid motion in both the roll and pitch utilizing the NAZA gimbal connections and servos to make it have fluid movement aren't too expensive.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion DJI F550 Hex Build, with 2-axis NEX-5N/GH2 Gimbal... GGoodrum Multirotor Talk 9560 May 28, 2014 12:06 AM
Discussion My DJI F550 landing gear SocalAstro Multirotor Talk 14 Apr 09, 2014 06:05 PM
Discussion My DJI F550 with the X468 FlameGear XT landing gear and camera gimbal jasper7821 Multirotor Talk 3 May 30, 2012 11:36 AM
Discussion DJI F550 Hexa Custom Build by AddictiveRC johnIn2SonAZ Multirotor Talk 31 Mar 18, 2012 05:23 PM
Sold DJI F450 Frame with Motors and Esc's ROCKY2 Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 1 Feb 26, 2012 11:20 PM