New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Aug 17, 2012, 12:43 PM
Ninja Master
BigSwede's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFIMEI View Post
http://www.vcstar.com/news/2012/aug/...-park-anymore/

Article from the local throwaway about a (powered) model flying spot a few miles away from me that is shutting down over actual Lipo triggered brush fires & perceived future hazard.
I've been flying at the Condor field on and off for the past twenty years, and it seems like the club has been under a constant threat of losing their field. First the county wanted a golf course developer to build a course there, and now the University wants them gone. The club has done a great job of keeping it, but it seems that they may have have lost the fight this time. It's a shame because they have a really nice field, and have been around for over 30 years.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Aug 26, 2012, 11:54 AM
Soaring Fanatic!
Anybody try the new Light Lift Fuselage yet?
Aug 26, 2012, 01:33 PM
Registered User

Channel Islands S U vs. Toy Planes


Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSwede View Post
I've been flying at the Condor field on and off for the past twenty years, and it seems like the club has been under a constant threat of losing their field. First the county wanted a golf course developer to build a course there, and now the University wants them gone. The club has done a great job of keeping it, but it seems that they may have have lost the fight this time. It's a shame because they have a really nice field, and have been around for over 30 years.
It's kinda ironic by contrast that the Univ seems so worried about the models when a Navy-contracted Hawker Hunter dug a crater in the farm field across Potrero Rd from the main campus a couple of months ago, while on tandem approach to Pt. Mugu with its mate. Missed the school by maybe 1/3 mile while it was loaded with people practicing for graduation exercises. I heard those guys maneuvering a few minutes before the reported crash time & looked up but didn't see them. Lots of heavy military stuff passes low overhead there. Guess we have to keep the Taliban from coming ashore near the ultra-exclusive Malibu Colony a ways down-coast!
Last edited by CFIMEI; Aug 26, 2012 at 02:01 PM.
Oct 11, 2012, 06:07 AM
Registered User
nickboul's Avatar
Could you please advice what kind of battery should I use (weight, dimentions)?

Any HK suggestion? I am interested in both lipo and NiMh.
Oct 11, 2012, 06:55 AM
-----
Woodstock 1's Avatar
I'm not sure about the battery, but if you go LiPo, this regulator is working well for me in my original Speedo: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html

It's TINY.

Chris
Oct 11, 2012, 11:49 AM
cody303's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorillas View Post
Could you please advice what kind of battery should I use (weight, dimentions)?

Any HK suggestion? I am interested in both lipo and NiMh.
We are using a 5 cell 1500 mah 2/3 A 4 and 1 pack (||||-)

Cody
Oct 11, 2012, 12:22 PM
Silent Flight
Twyl's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cody303 View Post
We are using a 5 cell 1500 mah 2/3 A 4 and 1 pack (||||-)

Cody
Cody, that's an interesting twist. Can you shoot a picture of it in your canopy? It sounds kind of big and possibly a bit more voltage then you need in a speedo, but if it works it works. FWIW I have the same setup in my 3M F3F ship...

-Jonathan
Oct 11, 2012, 12:23 PM
-----
Woodstock 1's Avatar
We are talking the bigger 1.4m Speedo here right?
Oct 11, 2012, 12:31 PM
Silent Flight
Twyl's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodstock 1 View Post
We are talking the bigger 1.4m Speedo here right?
Well some people like to stuff their speedo with extra stuff to make it look like they have a bigger package...
Oct 11, 2012, 12:58 PM
-----
Woodstock 1's Avatar
Lol.
Oct 11, 2012, 01:06 PM
cody303's Avatar
2/3a 5 cell in Speedo 1.4

I was always told its not the size of the pack, but how long it lasts ;-)

Cody
Oct 11, 2012, 02:08 PM
Impatience is a virtue
MCH27t's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8thelephant View Post
Anybody try the new Light Lift Fuselage yet?
Just giving this question a bump. Anyone try one yet?
Oct 11, 2012, 02:14 PM
Silent Flight
Twyl's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cody303 View Post
2/3a 5 cell in Speedo 1.4

I was always told its not the size of the pack, but how long it lasts ;-)

Cody
Hehehe

Looks like the 1.4 has plenty of room for anything. On a fully built up one, and with that battery up front, how much if any additional nose weight is required to balance it out?

-Jonathan
Oct 11, 2012, 06:32 PM
cody303's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twyl View Post
Hehehe

Looks like the 1.4 has plenty of room for anything. On a fully built up one, and with that battery up front, how much if any additional nose weight is required to balance it out?

-Jonathan
We didnt actually measure the amount. It was probably 2 ounces or so.


Cody
Oct 24, 2012, 01:03 AM
Registered User
Hi All,

Wondering if it is possible to do an electric conversion with the speedo ? Can't see any threads on the forum re:conversion. I have very few slopes to fly at with disastrous consequences for the the plane if I fly too low - have been save by a motor on my glider several times.

Cheers,

Scott


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion New video : speedo fun jimbo320 Slope 19 Jun 06, 2012 04:44 PM
Wanted Xaircraft X450 Pro X450P standard package V2 version willyjoe73801 Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 1 Mar 04, 2012 04:37 PM
Help! Speedo Pro Mark II battery selection etc.???? fabmaster911 Slope 2 Mar 01, 2012 11:48 AM
For Sale Brand New Speedo Kit Newer Version... orbitone Aircraft - Sailplanes (FS/W) 2 Dec 17, 2011 09:39 PM
Sold NIB Speedo - New Version w/ CF chip.greely Aircraft - Sailplanes (FS/W) 8 Nov 28, 2010 11:07 PM