This thread is privately moderated by milehighjc, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 08:34 PM
Find More Posts by milehighjc
Mile High Pilot
Discussion

The first new bird of 2012

An attempt to improve my 3D skills - a Twisted Hobbys Extra Slick 32"

After 9 months of working on 3D with my Extra 300 SHP, and finding that I'm not willing to risk a Balsa ARF to learn low altitude 3D skills, I've decided to take the leap with this new EPP foamie as the first new bird of the 2012 season. I keep hearing that once you try one of these, you don't want to fly anything else. I cant see me giving up the Extra 300, or the newly hot rodded T-28 for that matter, but I do think it will be a ton of fun, and a great way to build skills without creating an expensive pile of toothpicks.

It took a good day to assemble, but I think I could do it in half the time now that I've done one. Its a VERY well designed kit, tab and slot construction makes it hard to screw up too bad. The only oops I had was mounting the servo arms in the wrong direction for the rudder and elevator. It was easy to fix with a pair of helping hands to hold the foam out of the way.

Completion was March 21, maiden weather permitting should be tomorrow morning.
Last edited by milehighjc; Mar 21, 2012 at 08:41 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 21, 2012, 11:19 PM
Find More Posts by ROLLING CIRCLE
TEAM TWISTED
Sweet plane! Definitely a good move for practicing 3D!
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 21, 2012, 11:46 PM
Find More Posts by milehighjc
Mile High Pilot
Thanks! Packs charged, will be out for maiden as soon as it warms up a little tomorrow, hopefully the wind will behave.