Mar 22, 2012, 09:45 AM
Oh no, not again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Pax
Would love to finally get together Jeff. I am a member out hear at Sharks with a nice paved runway and I visit Marshall & Monroe airfields from time to time. So if you want to come up here we have good open places to go. Do you have a club field that you know of down there? If so I can probably get a few of us together and have a blast!

Orion
Well, I copied your ideas and built a rack for the SUV so I can haul 4 or 5 good-sized planes. Pavement would be a real treat. Our club field: http://www.acadianrc.org/New/ is grass and retracts take a real pounding. I had 3 of 4 birds lose their gear on my last outing and the Zero prop failure was undoubtedly due to the number of prop strikes I had on both t/o and landing. I've got some time off around Easter, maybe then. Let's talk. Jeff

Afterthought: I have never used EMS before. Any idea how long we are looking at for shipping?
to remove ads between posts
Mar 22, 2012, 10:03 AM
Most people are stupid!
A week tops. It's a pretty good service.
Mar 22, 2012, 10:13 AM
Wisdom can not be granted.
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhspring
Well, I copied your ideas and built a rack for the SUV so I can haul 4 or 5 good-sized planes. Pavement would be a real treat. Our club field: http://www.acadianrc.org/New/ is grass and retracts take a real pounding. I had 3 of 4 birds lose their gear on my last outing and the Zero prop failure was undoubtedly due to the number of prop strikes I had on both t/o and landing. I've got some time off around Easter, maybe then. Let's talk. Jeff

Afterthought: I have never used EMS before. Any idea how long we are looking at for shipping?
Yeah, 8 - 10 days is norm.

Easter sounds like a good idea. I'll keep that weekend open and see how the weather is going to turn out.

Orion
Mar 22, 2012, 10:42 AM
Oh no, not again!
Excellent!. I should have the Zero and the Spit off the bench by then, have it nice and clean for the Fw. Looks like the poor old WR Hurri is going to get pushed down the queue once again, sigh. So many models, so little time.

Jeff

PS. Just got the email from Philip that mine had shipped and a tracking number. Still in HK at this point.
Mar 22, 2012, 01:39 PM
Quote:
I had 3 of 4 birds lose their gear on my last outing and the Zero prop failure was undoubtedly due to the number of prop strikes I had on both t/o and landing.
Make sure you check the motor mount in the foam after losing a prop. I've seen the whole Mount, Motor, and Prop, depart the airplane on the flight after replacing blades. And it chopped the shxx out of the fuse.

TW
Mar 22, 2012, 02:57 PM
Mine is somewere on its way to southern California. The reccommended battery is a 4cell 2600mah which I do not have. Got lots of 4 cells in 2200, 3300, and 4000mah. Any thoughts on which battery might be appropriate for this bird?
Mar 22, 2012, 03:07 PM
Thread OP
I will be putting in a 4S 3000 which is what I have on hand. I may wait and see if some one goes with a 5S before ordering some lipos to dedicate to it.
Mar 22, 2012, 03:09 PM
I will be interested to hear if there is a KV change on the motor in this one when you get it.
Mar 22, 2012, 03:13 PM
Thread OP
Well remember, I emailed Raymond at RC-Castle and he said it is the new 580 KV that they started putting in the Zeros to make them faster. So the new motor should provide some more pep on that 3 blade vs the old motor.
Mar 22, 2012, 03:33 PM
Right, So 5s on that motor is in question.
Mar 22, 2012, 04:11 PM
How much is the shipping from Phillip?
Mar 22, 2012, 04:13 PM
Thread OP
$56
Mar 22, 2012, 04:16 PM
ugh

gracias.
Mar 22, 2012, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Excellent!. I should have the Zero and the Spit off the bench by then, have it nice and clean for the Fw. Looks like the poor old WR Hurri is going to get pushed down the queue once again, sigh. So many models, so little time.

Jeff

PS. Just got the email from Philip that mine had shipped and a tracking number. Still in HK at this point.
Nice and clean bench? Come on Jeff your forgetting, I've seen pics of your bench. Its as bad as mine.
Mar 22, 2012, 07:48 PM
Most people are stupid!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleW
Right, So 5s on that motor is in question.
I think the motor can handle it as this plane has uber cooling in the cowl thanks to those fan blades. I'm just not sure if it will need 5s because the motor has a higher KV anyway.

Quick Reply