Feb 16, 2013, 10:04 PM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
Thanks for the kind words , I was away from the thread and did not want to say thank you !
to remove ads between posts
Feb 16, 2013, 10:07 PM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
Dambit just viewed your blog , excellent work , simply first class !!! .
If you cant find a cowl , I have played with Soda Bottle bottoms , you never know what size may work , some brands have the stream line look
Feb 17, 2013, 12:01 AM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpt1205
Cool! So low heat, work from a distance...and did you just hold it flush in place till it cooled, or did you have to massage it?
I did both...I gave it just a smidge upward bend to assist in being to shut tight...also in tha area...you may want to look and the hinging...mine was tighter and mis-aligned on one side as apposed to the other which was also causing the flap to bind a bit and not want to close up cleanly...resetting the hinges will also help that
Feb 17, 2013, 01:12 PM
Mayday! Mayday!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonmoon
I did both...I gave it just a smidge upward bend to assist in being to shut tight...also in tha area...you may want to look and the hinging...mine was tighter and mis-aligned on one side as apposed to the other which was also causing the flap to bind a bit and not want to close up cleanly...resetting the hinges will also help that
Thanks. I actually had to reset my hinges also...the two outside hinges had very little/no glue on them, so I reset and re-glued them, but still doesn't close all the way...I'll try what you suggested tomorrow.
Feb 18, 2013, 02:26 AM
Most people are stupid!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldm
Dambit just viewed your blog , excellent work , simply first class !!! .
If you cant find a cowl , I have played with Soda Bottle bottoms , you never know what size may work , some brands have the stream line look
Thanks mate

I'll check out some soda bottles. I hadn't thought of that.

I'll be glassing the nose this week. I'm be getting some supplies on Thursday so I should be ready to do it on Friday. Getting exciting now

Cheers,

Steve
Feb 18, 2013, 10:49 PM
the_PilotRyan
FMS FW-190 vs FMS P-47 (6 min 19 sec)
Feb 19, 2013, 02:11 AM
advanced n00b
haha ryram that was awesome!
Feb 19, 2013, 07:45 AM
Plane crazy
Cool battle!
Feb 19, 2013, 08:29 AM
Most people are stupid!
Couldn't help myself

Here's a teaser shot with the motor mounted for test fitting.

Getting ready for glassing later this week.

Cheers,

Steve
Feb 19, 2013, 01:41 PM
Steve that looks really nice. Good luck on maiden.

Greg
Feb 19, 2013, 06:30 PM
Plane crazy
It's getting better and better. Can't wait to see the final result!
Feb 19, 2013, 07:02 PM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
Looking good there my friend
Feb 21, 2013, 11:00 PM
Decided to start assembling the Fw-190 I got at the AMA show tonight, really nice model, but sadly they shorted me the plastic control horns and screws for the elevator and rudder, everything else was fine, guess I will try calling them tomorrow to see if they can send me the missing pieces. This is my first non Parkzone/ E-Flite foam model, I have to say the quality is excellent but whoever packed it did a crappy job.
Latest blog entry: Testing the blog page
Feb 21, 2013, 11:22 PM
Most people are stupid!
You'll need to fly this plane in as it doesn't float like a parkzone. You'll love it though
Feb 22, 2013, 04:56 AM
Wilde Sau
Hey guys,

I have been away for a while and did not continue to read the thread, so I do not know what the actual situation with this bird is and how the retracts are doing etc...

I just wanted to let you know that the new paintschemes for this bird have been delayed due to a staff change at FMS, so the stuff I sent to them got stuck somewhere. I will resend it now and hope that everything goes on track soon.

Best wishes,
Bernhard

Quick Reply