Mar 20, 2012, 07:47 AM
Chuck 'Em and Chase 'Em
Thread OP
Discussion

DMSS and module based USA JR radios

Guys,

someone posted a link to a 2012 Jr catalog and I would like some clarity on something.

http://www.jrpropo.co.jp/english/dl/...alog_e2012.pdf

In the catalog on page 6, they show a series of modules. the one labeled TG 2.4XP has the following text:
Quote:
11X Zero
The telemetry Function can only be activated with the 11X Zero using a serial adapter pin upgrade and software update

PCM 12X, PCM9X/XII/XII LTD
These radios cannot use the Telemetry function. Be sure to set the radio to PPM Modulation while using this Module
I am focusing on the second half of this quote. Is it saying that there will be a module for the 9303, 12X, etc that were module based and will be able to use DMSS?

So we cannot get DMSX but we might get DMSS.......

Frank
Last edited by Fly2High; Mar 20, 2012 at 08:06 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 20, 2012, 08:50 AM
There probably will be a module, but you won't be able to buy it in the US, and I don't think JR is applying for FCC approval for it. But that's just a guess based on what has happened in the past.
Mar 20, 2012, 08:53 AM
I think it's the same module which fits 11x and others. The discription just says that you have to use a special pin connector(comes with the module) to enable the telemetry on 11x. As for the others you just put it in and fly but you want have the telemtry.
Mar 20, 2012, 09:46 AM
Chuck 'Em and Chase 'Em
Thread OP
I don't care about telemetry, I was only curious if this would work for those of us who still have module based Jr radios.

It could be a way to start getting DMSS here.

Wouldn't it be ironic if they come out with a trainer cord module or some other form for Hitec, ATX and Futaba but not for Jr Us radios......

I could see it happening.

I am just hopeful for a full Jr product being available in the States. I just prefer the solution Jr has over Spektrum's? I am not a fan of satellites.

I know not all of them have them but they are in the minority.

Frank
Mar 20, 2012, 08:15 PM
Certainly from having a close look at the module [rear pin/socket side] JR have designed it to fit the 11X Zero, 12X and the 9303 style radio variants. You can see the three different types of connectors on the rear of the module.

I currently utilise a PCM12X here in Aus which is the same as the 12XMV sold in the US. On these Tx's it should be just a matter of swapping out the modules.

I suspect that it will be a simple matter of plugging in this new module and simply setting the Tx to PPM mode.
Mar 21, 2012, 06:59 AM
Chuck 'Em and Chase 'Em
Thread OP
If someone gets one of these modules, can you let us know if it has FCC approval?

thanks

Frank
Mar 23, 2012, 03:51 PM
It wont have FCC approval as Horizon will not bring them in as it would compete against their DX range.
Apr 07, 2012, 02:47 AM
Pro beginner
Just curious - so how would this work? US being such a large market, why not some other company bringing it in? Competition is always good...
Apr 07, 2012, 04:53 AM
Old and grumpy
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...1479460&page=9
read from post122
dmss may be coming soon
Apr 12, 2012, 06:41 PM
http://www.jrradios.com/New/Default.aspx

I'm in shock !

Apr 12, 2012, 07:15 PM
I wondered how long it would take for this to show up on the web. I can't believe it took all day!!!

But I thought all the Internet experts were saying we were getting a divorce?!?!?

Andy
Apr 12, 2012, 09:15 PM
Pro beginner
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
I wondered how long it would take for this to show up on the web. I can't believe it took all day!!!

But I thought all the Internet experts were saying we were getting a divorce?!?!?

Andy
Andy, I'm not sure what I'm looking at (the link in previous site), but it looks like JRradios just selling more JR models.

Are you saying that there's going to be DSMX modules for 11x ZERO and others being produced?
Apr 12, 2012, 09:29 PM
I wouldn't get all excited about DMSS. At a recent contest in Japan we had to change our DSM2 modules for DMSS modules in our TXs(12x and MX-22) and used the 7 channel RX (think it was 735). the first thing was the neutral points on the servos were different. When changing from FM to DSM there was no change but with DMSS it was significantly different and on F5B models imperceptible changes in control surface has huge effect on the flight characteristics.
The RXs were unreliable, we had 6 RXs 2 failed very early and and 1 of the others had to be rebound every time, we used it for the gas box.
The grass isn't always greener on the other side.
Apr 12, 2012, 10:34 PM
Very likely now that the DMSS XG-11 is on the horizon website.
Apr 13, 2012, 06:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz

Andy
Are they Bind n Fly compatible and do they have model Match?

Quick Reply