Mar 18, 2012, 10:37 AM
Libertas in Infinitum
Thread OP
Discussion

Payable to the bearer on demand ...

What money used to look like ...
Mar 18, 2012, 11:12 AM
Tu ne cede malis
Gosh, that was back before some folks got 'smart' enough to support 'money' which could be gamed by banks and State alike...at the expense of everyone else.

The only people who want fiat money want to spend what they don't have.
Mar 18, 2012, 11:12 AM
characters welcome!
What money used to look like:

mw
Mar 18, 2012, 11:14 AM
Hey, at least the salt is a useable commodity. I am not sure what real value America's money has today. I guess you could use it as toilet tissue or maybe as tinder to start a fire.
Mar 18, 2012, 11:23 AM
Suspended Account
And what money looks like under OB-1
Mar 18, 2012, 11:39 AM
Wow, talk about fluff. And the right claim they NEVER post outlandish threads.
Mar 18, 2012, 11:43 AM
Tu ne cede malis
What's outlandish about fact?

Are you defending fiat paper money?

Fiat money protects banks and the State.

Real money protects everyone else .
Last edited by MtnGoat; Mar 18, 2012 at 11:49 AM.
Mar 18, 2012, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGoat
What's outlandish about fact?

Are you defending fiat paper money?

Fiat money protects banks and the State.

Real money protects everyone else .
Now we can buy Fiats(Chrysler now owned by Fiat.) made in America with fiat bucks.
Latest blog entry: Jonesy's mausoleum
Mar 18, 2012, 12:56 PM
Did you NOT see the pic of the BO zero bills. Oh wait, just ignore the things we can't refute.
Mar 18, 2012, 01:15 PM
Tu ne cede malis
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62pilot
Did you NOT see the pic of the BO zero bills. Oh wait, just ignore the things we can't refute.
You referenced the thread, not one of the posts.

Please tell us what makes the thread outlandish, which is what you actually claimed.

And for our information, please tell us wether or not you are a supporter of currencies not backed by actual commodities.
Mar 18, 2012, 01:34 PM
Gravity-Compliant User
It wasn't that long ago that the US greenback was actually supported by silver -1968.

Hmmmm - that would be about the same time we started down the slippery slope to the spending unchained debt pit. Fancy that...
Mar 18, 2012, 08:36 PM
No Country for Snowflake Men
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62pilot
Wow, talk about fluff. And the right claim they NEVER post outlandish threads.
Show that claim, if you can.
Mar 18, 2012, 08:47 PM
Bagpipes spoken here
Inside one of the Federal Reserve Banks is a display of some older forms of currency.

One is a carved stone weighing around 20lbs. Aside from the carving/inscriptions, it has no value over any other stone of similar size.

Not sure what you all mean by "real money" since it is a medium which has an agreed value without having any intrinsic value in itself.
Mar 18, 2012, 08:56 PM
Personally , I like to barter and trade. Win win for both sides. I only use paper money because that's the way the world works.
Mar 18, 2012, 09:00 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5
What money used to look like ...
I actually have two of those silver certificates, a $1 from 1935, and a $5 from 1953. I got them when I worked in retail. I was counting the cash drawer and thought WHY IS THIS BLUE ? when I looked at the bills. At first I thought they were counterfeit until I saw the "silver certificate" on them. That was 10-15 years ago, if I remember right it was some teenaged kid that game them to us. He probably stole them from his dad, because the 1935 bill is in really good shape.

Quick Reply